clark98gt

Low boost with vortech

I have searched and googled over and over and can't seem to find the solution to my issue. I bought a used vortech v1 head unit, that after some searching appears to be a s trim. I bought a 3.12 pulley which should produce 10ish lbs of boost through my front mount intercooler. For whatever reason I am only seeing 6-7lbs. I have pressure checked the piping and checked for vacuum leaks. The only engine mods otherwise are pi cams and intake along with a k&n on the inlet. On the dyno I only made 292/293 to the wheels. Any ideas?

I also put a straight pipe in place of the intercooler and did not see any gain in boost.

I doubt the tuner is wrong but how would I know if the belt is slipping? It's not possible to get a smaller belt on. I had the volute off of the supercharger and there is no chips, bends, or indication of anything rubbing or scraping. BTW it was tuned by Frank at PSI Speed Solutions

• Supporting Member

Nope. The 3.13 with the supplied crank pulley is only good for 7 lbs or so. 3.33 is stock and 3.13 should yield 1-2 more lbs. You must go in the 2.xx range for 10, but at that with the 6 rib you will start to realize belt slip. I suggest calling vortech and ordering the 8 rib pulley power pack which has the 3 pulleys you need.

• Supporting Member

3.6 is massive.... I believe when I put on a 2.9x I got 8 with maybe a 9 spike and when I went to a 2.7 I got slip and no more until I switched to 8 ribs and then saw 13