Forcefedhatch

Soooo.. anyone have a write up for a DIY rear seat delete ?!

Possibly looking into doing a rear seat delete to rid of some weight, and clean the car up a bit.. anyone have a write up, or pics of their own diy stuff.. I'm not paying 100+$ for a kit when I have everything here to build it.. how do you support center weight, flex, etc..

Thanks peeps

What do you plan on using for the RSD? Ie thickness of wood / material type? Do you plan on sitting stuff on top of it? Shouldn't have to worry too much about it flexing and if so you can always tack on two cross braces on the underside / backside to keep it from flexing.

Sent from Space

Its so easy to do its almost a gimmie lol. Template it up with cardboard. Transfer to material of choice ie. Mdf,ply,azek,ect. Jig it out. Fasnets of choice. You can piano hinge the bottom to the back if you want to make use of the seat wells for random crap. If you pull the pin assembly off your stock seats you can mount them to the bottom to snap into the stock seat wall. Basically theres a mulluon ways to make one none right or wrong. Whatever works best for you.

no need to worry about sagging unless you are putting some major weight on it.  One easy way to mount it and keep access under it is to drill a hole directly above where the rear seats mount to the bottom and then glue a dowel rod in there sticking down into the same hole the seat mounted in.  If you make the dowels a couple of inches long they will stick down into those holes up front.  To get under it just lift it up and then gravity will hold it in place when you put it back down.

Awesome.. I'm going to probably use some 1/8" board, wrap in carpet.. call it a day.. will most likely use the stock lock and hold points so it's an easy removal if needed or to do like mentioned and hinge it so the back can drop down and full trunk can be accessed.. thanks guys!!

And @@"tony".. that's insane.. you can make anything from fiberglass.. but your having trouble with a template.. hmm.. somethings fishy bro!! Haha

Awesome.. I'm going to probably use some 1/8" board, wrap in carpet.. call it a day.. will most likely use the stock lock and hold points so it's an easy removal if needed or to do like mentioned and hinge it so the back can drop down and full trunk can be accessed.. thanks guys!!

And @@"tony".. that's insane.. you can make anything from fiberglass.. but your having trouble with a template.. hmm.. somethings fishy bro!! Haha

lol fishy? 

i think if it were a vert and i could stand outside the car and cut and trim shit with te top down but i squeezed my ass in the rear for like 20 mins and said naaaahhhh lol. 

it was just one of those things i didn't wanna build idk lol. i had a decent (i use the term decent pretty loosely here) template cut for the top half but there were a couple curves i could NOT get right. so i started looking at kdezigns rsd's and after talking with the guy a couple times i ordered 1 from him....so that's how that went down lol. 

lol fishy? 

i think if it were a vert and i could stand outside the car and cut and trim shit with te top down but i squeezed my ass in the rear for like 20 mins and said naaaahhhh lol. 

shoulda did it when you had the seats out ;)  

not sure how that would be easier.  I mean you only really need to do one side with the pattern/cardboard then find the center point and you can fold the cardboard, copy the other side from the first side and its 90% done.  I actually like to use 3-4 pieces myself and then just tape them all together in the car as it makes it easier to work on a small area and not have to worry about if the other end fits and is in the correct location.