Lazer_Red

I need your opinion.

Ok so I have been all over the place with build ideas and questions and I am just going to take the advice of the many who have helped. I plan on taking a stock block and cleaning it up, tw 170 heads, maybe an f-cam or something else ( input here..), long tubes, tfs r or system max intake, 42 or 60 lb injectors, and a blower. Now I have chosen vortech for the job but can't decide on the v2 or v3. I know the v3 is self contained and the v2 is not, but that is about it. So looking at my build which can be tweaked because none of it has been purchased what blower would you run? Is there anything I should change? I have searched so please dont bark at me for that I just want some direct answers.

Thanks for your time.

Kris

Ok so I have been all over the place with build ideas and questions and I am just going to take the advice of the many who have helped. I plan on taking a stock block and cleaning it up, tw 170 heads, maybe an f-cam or something else ( input here..), long tubes, tfs r or system max intake, 42 or 60 lb injectors, and a blower. Now I have chosen vortech for the job but can't decide on the v2 or v3. I know the v3 is self contained and the v2 is not, but that is about it. So looking at my build which can be tweaked because none of it has been purchased what blower would you run? Is there anything I should change? I have searched so please dont bark at me for that I just want some direct answers.

Thanks for your time.

Kris

i don't know what half of this is so i can not help you  <_<

lemme know when you're ready to tackle some tweets  B-)

^ this that's the first thing to consider, budget and goal. A tfs r intake may be a little to high rpm oriented a systemax or rpm2 would be a better choice and anderson has a few good blower cams, or you could also go custom grind. The tfs 170s are also a good head, and if it were me (since I may be going forced induction sometime in the future), if I go supercharger I would go v3 for ease of installation. Such as no tapping oil pan for return etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you find a good v2 kit for sale cheap, then get that and don't look back.  otherwise, a v3 is easier to install.  one good thing about the v2 is that you don't have to ever worry about changing the oil in it because you change it with the engine oil. 

USE THE F&^*$@& SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly I dont know. I just wanted to bark :)

i don't know what half of this is so i can not help you  <_<

lemme know when you're ready to tackle some tweets  B-)

Seriously lmao right now. You guys are awesome.

Kris

What's your budget? What are your goals with the car?

^ this that's the first thing to consider, budget and goal. A tfs r intake may be a little to high rpm oriented a systemax or rpm2 would be a better choice and anderson has a few good blower cams, or you could also go custom grind. The tfs 170s are also a good head, and if it were me (since I may be going forced induction sometime in the future), if I go supercharger I would go v3 for ease of installation. Such as no tapping oil pan for return etc...

if you find a good v2 kit for sale cheap, then get that and don't look back.  otherwise, a v3 is easier to install.  one good thing about the v2 is that you don't have to ever worry about changing the oil in it because you change it with the engine oil.

Thanks for the help guys and as far as the budget go's I dont have one cause i am rich bitch, lol but if I had to throw a number at it between 5 and 7k. I am doing all of this a little at a time and some parts will be used and some new so as i find the deals parts will come. Power goal 400 to the wheels will be great. I have considered strokers an all but i want to keep the engine build simple and fun. I am going to put the money saved into the suspension and drive train. I am not going to race the car much at all and if anything alittle auto x. Other wise I just want a very clean and fun car, thats my goal.

Thanks

Kris

I went Back and forth with turbo/supercharger and then with what brand super charger, then what type...  After a lot of thought with the V3, because I found a kit that a guy bought and only took the charger out of the box to look at it.  Then he wrecked the car, bought a supercharged mustang and I got this sucker for $1200 of retail :)  I would not have minded tapping the oil pan but for that price I will not mind changing the oil.  I think its recommended every 10k miles so its not a big deal.

I went Back and forth with turbo/supercharger and then with what brand super charger, then what type... After a lot of thought with the V3, because I found a kit that a guy bought and only took the charger out of the box to look at it. Then he wrecked the car, bought a supercharged mustang and I got this sucker for $1200 of retail :) I would not have minded tapping the oil pan but for that price I will not mind changing the oil. I think its recommended every 10k miles so its not a big deal.

Thats a sweet deal!!

Right on after thinking about it the peace of mind not having the headunit running on engine oil is cool. That way if the block let go i wouldn't have to worry about junk from the block taking out the supercharger.

Kris

Thanks for the help guys and as far as the budget go's I dont have one cause i am rich bitch, lol but if I had to throw a number at it between 5 and 7k. I am doing all of this a little at a time and some parts will be used and some new so as i find the deals parts will come. Power goal 400 to the wheels will be great. I have considered strokers an all but i want to keep the engine build simple and fun. I am going to put the money saved into the suspension and drive train. I am not going to race the car much at all and if anything alittle auto x. Other wise I just want a very clean and fun car, thats my goal.

Thanks

Kris

in that case, you don't nessisarily have to go stroker but I would look into building the bottom end some so you can have a little peice of mind about when you wanna "up the boost" lol and 400 rwhp is a very achievable goal the the setup your looking at.

400 is all I am aiming for on the rebuild.  Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I know sooner then later that will get a little boring and I think we all know where that goes.  Nearly being a motor tard, is there bottom end setup you guys could recommend?  The list of stuff I want to do to the car is getting smaller, yet more expensive....

in that case, you don't nessisarily have to go stroker but I would look into building the bottom end some so you can have a little peice of mind about when you wanna "up the boost" lol and 400 rwhp is a very achievable goal the the setup your looking at.

Well the only thing i could do is and aftermarket block because i am not spending any big money on a stock block. If I went aftermarket block it would be a 347. At the same time i could go 408 but I really dont want to go that far into the motor yet. I just want something fun and easy. Alot of the people that I have spoke with on this and other boards that had strokers and really built motors have almost all have said if they could do it over they would have done h/i/c and a blower. Thats were I am at, once my kids get alittle older and I have more space I might build a wild motor.

Kris

Well the only thing i could do is and aftermarket block because i am not spending any big money on a stock block. If I went aftermarket block it would be a 347. At the same time i could go 408 but I really dont want to go that far into the motor yet. I just want something fun and easy. Alot of the people that I have spoke with on this and other boards that had strokers and really built motors have almost all have said if they could do it over they would have done h/i/c and a blower. Thats were I am at, once my kids get alittle older and I have more space I might build a wild motor.

Kris

yea I understand that's one thing I wish I would have done with my set up is go with and aftermarket block I have internals to handle 800~ rwhp but a block that will only handle 500~. So another route would be 351 block but it's all up to you, but you can have all the fun you want in these cars with 400-500 hp l but come on I know we all get board an want more lol. I'm already looking into forced induction for mine haha then ill problably at the bridge between dart block and coyote swap it never ends!!! Haha.

What about the on3 set up? Or is it still horrible for push rods?

everyone I've talked to that has it says it fit relatively well and had minimal troubles installing.

Turbo is cool but I want to supercharge. Zach really got me thinking about the coyote swap though. I know the swap gets expensive but the idea of having a high reving, efficient, 425 crank hp motor is really stuck in my head. Then if i wanted big power I buy a kenny bell blower and bolt it in. The price of the motors are coming way down and plus side i can find them used now. I dont know we will see.

Kris

Ok so back off the coyote idea, since there are alot of different ideas build me a budget 400 rwhp set up. I want to retain all the goodys like a/c, p/s, ect. Ok money wise lets say keep it under 6k for everything from scratch. If your build idea goes over alittle like 1k thats fine not 10k plus build ideas please. I just want to see from your trial and errors what would you do.

Kris

My stroker makes about 330-350 rwhp and I have about 6,500$ in it I prolly could get close to 370 if I ditched my gt40 and went with a better intake and fox tb. But if I could do it again just for the sake of headache I would have bought that ford racing x 306 crate motor 3,400 I think? And would have thrown a blower or turbo and made just as much or probably more hp as my stroker and be more drivable able, and also a 24,000 mile warranty.

How good is that gt40 306? Looks like it has a e-cam and gt40 heads but I dont know if it is worth 3500+/- dollars.

Kris

for reference I paid 2,500 for my engine assembly and dyno not including any parts. So if you factor in that aluminum heads +/- 1000 rotating assembly 500-800 for stockish internals, valve terrain( cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, 500~. And all the other misc stuff so around 4,800 that way you look at it, it seems to be a decent deal. But I would source out people that have had it for reliability and quality reference.

I am thinking about going with the ford racing 306 and running that for a while. Then i might swap the cam, heads and put a blower on it. I am researching the motor and it would help if others could chim in as well.

Thanks

Kris