98blackgt

Stage 2 clutches...

Ok so my clutch on my mustang is going. When I purchased the car it had a stage 2 king cobra clutch in it. I would like to replace the clutch with another stage 2. I was looking on American muscle at the McLeod clutches. Anyone have them? Reviews? What stage 2 clutchs are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't recommend SPEC clutches at all!  I've had 2 in a row freeze up the exact same way.  The friction plate wore down on the inside edge of the pressure plate.  This caused them to seize up and not release. 

Both did this almost exactly the same way.  The clutches I had both before and after never showed any signs of this wear.

Didn't happen to the two I've owned or any one else's. Strange happenings in twilight zone.

I'm thinking this may have happened because I am using the 11" clutch.  At the time their 11" clutch might have had (by mistake or oversight) a 10.5" friction plate.  That is the only reason I could come up with as to why the wear was like it was.  But it was 2 in a row over the course of 2 years.  This was about 5 to 7 years ago when this happended.  Both clutches were the stage 2 clutch.  The first one was the lightened version.

Even so I will not use or recommend a SPEC clutch to anyone.

i love my spec. but i hate my spec haha.   holds good for what ive used it for and the abuse ive put it through, but it still chatters sometimes, which is well known in the world of spec clutches. other than that like i said, ive really enjoyed mine.

I've got a stage 3 6-puck spec and I would not ever think about going lighter. For everyone that says the pedal effort is so my harder this and that pucks aren't drivable on the street, I beg to differ. I've taught multiple females how to drive a stick in my car and and they all have picked it up without a problem.

I've got a stage 3 6-puck spec and I would not ever think about going lighter. For everyone that says the pedal effort is so my harder this and that pucks aren't drivable on the street, I beg to differ. I've taught multiple females how to drive a stick in my car and and they all have picked it up without a problem.

my gf went to push the clutch in on the mage "wow how do you drive this every day?"     then one of my buddies went to move it for me one day and you could see his left leg shaking trying to hold it down..  seriously?? lol  guy never has lived that down to this day.

I have heard people complain about tight clutches as well but never really found one I would complain about.  But then again I grew up playing soccer and then switched to cycling so my legs have always been the strongest part of my body by far. 

i have a mcloed too.  can't complain about it.  i did have a ram powergrip before and hated it.  the pedal was like pushing against an elephant.

I'm a fan of RAM clutches.  Good product, excellent support, great tech advice if you ever need it.  Call them, tell them your application and future plans, they will size one out for you.  

I've never heard any bashing / bad experiences with Mcleod, but I have heard enough pains about spec so that I shy away.  Even one of my close friends had a bad experience with one of them.