Brian

Steam cleaners for cars

I'm interested to know if anyone knows a good steam cleaner that I can use for detailing my car. I have seen these used in detail shops but never know what companies make them.

I am not looking for a cheap Shark steamer or something. This would be used to detail the interior, exterior, engine bay, etc like shops do.

Just interested to see if there are any considered entry level for the home detail enthusiast.

i just use a green machine shampoo vac with a power inverter. its damn nifty. reminds me of doing the mustang.

Thanks for the post but we are looking for information on steam cleaners not for carpet cleaners.

I was looking at a cheap ebay one. Used one of those cheap Shark $39 ones and it did an ok job but ran out of steam fast. This one claims full 30 mins...that may get your entire engine bay clean.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Portable-Steam-Cleaner-Handheld-Steamer-Sanitizer-Nozzle-Brushes-included-/170763059967?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BFICS%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D150509854087%26ps%3D54#ht_7526wt_1113

Thanks DTP for the feedback. I'm checking out that link now. It's hard to find a decent quality steam cleaner. Most of the really nice ones are up in the multiple thousand dollar range which sucks for the home enthusiast.

My friend has a decent carpet cleaner that does steam, albeit not very much. He paid a couple hundred for it, pretty certain he got it at Walmart. He used that to clean his carpets and his interior in his car, and it came out great. It did take longer than an industrial steam cleaner, but it got the job done.

On another note, you used to be able to rent those industrial steam cleaners. That might be an option for you, as well.

It was probably a Bissell unit ????

the Little Green does Steam I believe . Don't quote me on that though

My friend has a decent carpet cleaner that does steam, albeit not very much. He paid a couple hundred for it, pretty certain he got it at Walmart. He used that to clean his carpets and his interior in his car, and it came out great. It did take longer than an industrial steam cleaner, but it got the job done.

On another note, you used to be able to rent those industrial steam cleaners. That might be an option for you, as well.