Bullitt

Welcome To SN95Source.com: rickborn

Everyone please welcome rickborn to SN95Source.com.

rickborn Please tell us about yourself and your car(s) and feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for being part of the Source community!

View rickborn's Profile

:welcomenew:

Thanks guys,

So until my sig is setup, I live in Fairport, NY (Rochester area) and just purchased a 1995 Yellow GT. I picked it up on the cheap from a lien sale in Southern California and drove it home last October. Over the last year, I have been mostly just normal maintenance and fixing little things that bugged me on the 3000 trip home. Replaced Fuel pump and CCRM wiring Pigtail (I won't even go into detail about previous owners "repair" bypassing fuel pump relay). Also installed new odometer gears.

Over the winter I'll be replacing springs and struts/shocks as previous owner heated springs to lower car and it rides like it it is missing springs completely. It has 140k so anything else that looks flakey in the suspension I'll replace as well.

I'll store the car for the winters and up until this year I had an Audi A6 as my winter car but at 204k miles it is getting a bit old so I picked up a california Lincoln LS this year (yes another 3000 miles cross country trip this october), we will see how I do with a RWD vehicle in the snow :-).

Also in the corral I have a 72 International Scout, a 93 F150, a 2012 Jeep Wrangler, and a 89 Suzuki Katana.

Nice meeting you guys, this is my 4th mustang but my previous 3 were all 65/66s, my oldest son has a 89 Fox body mustang

Rick

Yep, here is the old beast, sadly I have not been nice to it over the last 20 years but it is still kicking. Someday I need to spend some real money on it but life gets in the way sometimes.

34359_647559448755_6866808_n_zps2ab360a5

Welcome to the site! You definitely aren't scared to travel to get a car! I've never driven cross country, let alone twice in cars I just bought! lol

I just try not to think about what could go wrong :-). Both times I spent a bit of time before coming back to check over the car and I have a friend that lives there that helped me out with that. I figure in the worse case, I have AAA and a credit card so I can either fix the car if something happens or abandon it and get a flight home but so far all has gone well. And working on a non rusty car makes it all worth it. I guess I could go south instead but so far the cars I have found that I like have been out west.