Blackmage

What's your garage/shop look like?

the outside.  this is an old pic from the listing.  apparently I don't have any recent shots.  but it's more or less the same.  except I've pulled off the satellite dish and the clutter in the corner is not there:

ISli4ufnu2xjym0000000000_zps6f4d0250.jpg

where the magic happens:

D4826700-0665-4B2A-ABF7-026B0F3CFEBF_zps

D24393F0-590C-45EE-A348-225517F00657_zps

600C5F51-83E1-4EFA-9E3E-5D5E2E9D417B_zps

where my DD stays and the clothes get done...and sometimes showers

F4D7CA95-D3D5-40AC-A787-B7096B28963A_zps

IStk35skv81vzm0000000000_zps6954d3f0.jpg

and finally the tiny one where the wife's DD stays as well as these plentiful (left from previous owners) canning jars.  and the overflow of wood pellets.  don't have a full shot of this space but I can tell you ceiling is LOW.  I have to duck under the garage door rail

71C9AD68-A0FF-4B2F-8BB5-21E0D6C14C91_zps

• Moderators

ya know there is so much of if that i don't even know what to hang on it.

I keep meaning to get to the store and get a few sheets for over my work bench.  I am just not looking forward to screwing firring strips to concrete wall.

• Moderators

Why do you say that?

Little over 60 square feet that I want to cover in peg board (3 ish sheets).  Think about how much firring strip is needed, then think about all the screws that would hold said firring strip... then think about having to drill all those holes in concrete before mounting.  It will be a GIANT pain in the ass to do unless I can find a T nailer to rent.

• Moderators

That's my second choice behind renting a T nailer, assuming I can find one when I actually go look for it, and it's cheaper than buying the hammer shot.  You know how it goes, garage projects fall behind house projects.

• Moderators

yeah but hammer shots are uber fun to use.

I imagine they are... and I also imagine that will be the route I end up taking lol.

Doesnt Rich have a hammer drill of somesort he can bring down? 

I own a hammer drill.  That's not the problem.  Problem is the amount of time it would take to drill 875426239542 holes in the wall.

Little over 60 square feet that I want to cover in peg board (3 ish sheets).  Think about how much firring strip is needed, then think about all the screws that would hold said firring strip... then think about having to drill all those holes in concrete before mounting.  It will be a GIANT pain in the ass to do unless I can find a T nailer to rent.

Would you like me to bring my hilti gun down. Just shot the firing strips in no drilling. You buy the bullets and nails lol.

My garage was a mess when I bought the house. It is not entirely finished. The walls were dirty white, shelves made from leftover stuff. Exposed brick at the bottom and concrete floors rounded out the garage. My father helped me a great deal. The color choices were a a light grey for the top, dark gray at the bottom, black stripe and black at the base. It matched the flooring. I need to finish the ceiling, get a work bench and tool chest, and get a new garage door and opener.

IMG_4996_zps879ac86e.jpg

The floor is Racedeck. I love this stuff, it was easy to put down even with the car on jackstands. My wife kept buying me the Gladiator stuff. My wife is very understanding.

IMG_4993_zps41849bbe.jpg

This is the only real picture I have before I redid the garage. The driveway was cleaned and resealed also.

384115_10100458888216158_761171784_n_zps

Quite the change! Love the race deck flooring, but damn is it pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the flooring cost me about $2500 itself. My wife bought all the Gladiator Tracks, two cabinets, and a bunch of the hooks and baksets. I bought the Gladiator metal shelving unit and the locker. The stuff is really nice. The floor is awesome, it is not hard to roll anything across it. I have rolled an engine hoist witht the stock 2V on it, rolled a transmission jack with transmission on it.

IMG_6140_zps614d940b.jpg

Had to do some cleaning and rearranging for the arrival of new parts that will be here this week. I need to get to work as I will be out of shelf space this when my deliveries arrive. I also had to rearrange the shed. I have parts under the GT that is on jackstands in the garage, behind the GT, and in the shed.

I probably have pictures somewhere at home but none floating around online that I have access to at work.

I used to do all of my work at my parents' place.  There I had all of the space in the world to leave the car blown apart for long periods of time.  They had a 6-car garagemahal as I affectionately called it that they built when I was a kid - heater, air compressor, welder, torch, endless tools, 220v hookup, etc. etc..  Not only that, what my Dad didn't have at home, he had access to at work, everything short of a CNC machine (he works for a heavy equipment manufacturer).

They recently moved to South Carolina and I've been downgraded to my own two car garage, lol... not the type of space I've been spoilt with for the past few years.  But hey, it's insulated, I've got a kickass heater I installed, I put in 220v, have plenty of air tools and have a damn good collection of your everyday stuff.  Still working on picking up all of the specialty tool odds and ends, though.

This is what happens when ADD meets mustang builds with a 60 hour a week full time job. A 30x48 pole barn with 12 ft eves, I built the garage myself about 4 years ago.

image_zpscc0dec65.jpg

The supplies that keeps my builds going

image_zps46adb0a7.jpg

Work bench is 3 ft deep 12x14 strong enough to throw an engine on it.

image_zpsbda26516.jpg

The other stall of clutter

image_zps4b6e8468.jpg

From the middle stall

image_zpsc70d2905.jpg

Sleeping

image_zpsbccc4185.jpg

Bought a new house back in November, when looking my only requirement was a garage.  So we bought a house that had two!  The attached is going to get some work done this spring to make it feel more like a shop.  But for now here is how it sits.

IMG_2521_zps24fad6e2.jpg

IMG_2267_zpsdbfcb118.jpg

IMG_2522_zpsb17712f4.jpg