Steve-Oh

Broccoli Motorsports Presents: WJ Build... and Beyond!

Felt the brakes dragging a bit.  Took it apart and found one of the pots was seized and broken.  Just ordered new calipers pads and rotors for just over $100 per side, SCORE!  Don't know how this broke but I don't put it past people to have broken it.  

16015217845_cd485fc3dd_c.jpg

15827805818_28ba58edfa_c.jpg

While I had it up in the air I took a pretty good look at the underside.  I was not surprised with what I found as I looked it over before I bought it, just didn't know the holes were THAT bad.  Looks like some tube steel will be in my future.  For now until I have time I just "encapsulated" and painted the area's to slow down the rot.  

15989398296_c8b25941dc_c.jpg

15829143609_0cccf3b974_c.jpg

15827766878_5278e3048a_c.jpg

15989400346_d19d86016b_c.jpg

15989440096_398ff3739e_c.jpg

15827807248_1736a8e7c7_c.jpg

15392954284_573923249f_c.jpg

15827963670_1d9e5cf5e3_c.jpg

16015214665_28e7444015_c.jpg

15989436956_f943b5e139_c.jpg

16013256421_57d7787480_c.jpg

15829181279_510b86c2d2_c.jpg

15829471567_2ffb6367bb_c.jpg

More updates on the headlights by this weekend.

Ever look into chassis saver? I was going to use it if my jeeps frame/underside was rusted. Heard it does wonders...idk though

Just looked it up!  Stacey David recommends it so i'm on board lol!  When I actually go in to do the repair I'll def look into that to finish everything off.  This was just a temp fix for the time being to hopefully slow down the cancer.

Just looked it up!  Stacey David recommends it so i'm on board lol!  When I actually go in to do the repair I'll def look into that to finish everything off.  This was just a temp fix for the time being to hopefully slow down the cancer.

Yes I'm going to grab a gallon of it here soon and coat the whole frame.

6f12d485d27e4d5ec97eb73cd15b6b26.jpg

1e2a1e3524e078c3e7a0ba77cb36be5e.jpgfd4ef8e0f8bde267780f1d32036d1a48.jpg

Stuffs tough as nails goes on great covers really well but one word of advice dont get it anywhere around the lip of the can or lid because if you do good luck getting it open.

Lets just say some airtools where used to open my gallon.

A lot of people on tacomaworld use fluid film and have good luck to prevent the Tacoma's known rust problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coming from a guy that works at a toyota dealership, i know this problem all too well. lol

coming from a guy that works at a toyota dealership, i know this problem all too well. lol

yA mines not bad because 1 I don't live in the salt belt and 2 mine was factory under coated to start with, I'm just hoping under this new leaf spring recall I can get a new set of springs haha.

lol...steve-oh's on a gif mission i see :P

Hehehe [emoji57]

Got the one all fitted up. Just need to trim the other shroud tomorrow then I can test fit/fire.

184409f8c54a0e2fafd12fdef54fb66f.jpg

Will get better pics when my phone is done updating.

Edit:  Ugh, just realized how terrible a picture that is.  Stupid iPhone.

delete it....like i did with my trunk panel pic. looked like i took the picture through a dirty sock while in a homeless tent or some shit :P 

j/k those lights are gonna be sick man

delete it....like i did with my trunk panel pic. looked like i took the picture through a dirty sock while in a homeless tent or some shit :P

j/k those lights are gonna be sick man

ROFL!  Great mental image there.  I'm such an idiot too, I have my cousins DSLR sitting right in front of me and I'm trying to eff around with this dumb iPhone... That is now just an iPod that conveniently connects to wifi. 

Here we go, much better.

15859851088_500db4a2a1_b.jpg

16047300315_dfd80baea5_b.jpg

15861258889_130145fe87_b.jpg

And this freaking non sense can goto hell! 

16047304085_46e3e0070c_b.jpg

As I sit here and realize the hardest part of this whole project was getting the lenses apart, I think back to the early days of retro-fitting.  Used to have to fiberglass EVERYTHING, make shrouds out of nothing and somehow source a good projector.  Glad it's not like that anymore!

:wub:

Tell me what to buy!

You'll need the headlights you wanna use, projectors of your choice, shrouds, ballasts, bulbs, wiring harness' and associated adapters!  

No but seriously, I just e-mailed TRS and they built a kit for me based on what I wanted!  Pretty simple!

Ran all the wiring and mounted the ballast tonight. Mounted the left hand light, fired it and everything works perfectly along with the shutter motor for the high beams. These things are effing bright lol

16083839025_1e830b7e5f_c.jpg

Thanks Dan! I had toyed with the idea of painting all the chrome black or doing this part or that part black but in the end I thought that exactly: I wanted it to look like it came that way.

so help a newb out here.......i had my mustang headlight out today to see about doing this....but it is glued lol. are some headlight lenses screwed or bolted on? 

nvmn....i see how you do it lol. dremel them apart right? i swear i'd let ya do a pair for me cause there aint shit for 94-98 mustangs in the headlight dept 

Lol It's ok @tony.  You have to bake or heat gun the glue that holds the lens to the housing to soften it and then pry them apart.  It's a pain, especially with these lights, depending on what the housing is made of.  Since the housings were also made from plastic, it would just warp and break when heated before the glue gave way.  My mustang headlights were easier since they were made from fiberglass, didn't warp and bend likes these.

hmmmm....so if i bake (assuming you actually mean bake like brownie bake) what temp would you think would be good? last ??? i swear....maybe 

ps.....we can hop over in my thread if ya don't want to jack up your thread with my mustang headlight situation  <_<

i always did the heat gun trick, slowly seperated as I went along.  didn't heat the whole mother f'er up and burn my hands on exposed nuts and bolts lol  

@Steve-Oh those turned out awesome! Kinda jealous and now i really want to do them in the stang.. 

• Moderators

Looks damn good!!!!!

I need to send my headlights to someone and get this done. I got too much other shiznit to do without having to worry bout that!!!! Lol

I'm sending mine to @Steve-Oh when I figure *exactly* what to buy.

hmmmm....so if i bake (assuming you actually mean bake like brownie bake) what temp would you think would be good? last ??? i swear....maybe 

ps.....we can hop over in my thread if ya don't want to jack up your thread with my mustang headlight situation  <_<

i always did the heat gun trick, slowly seperated as I went along.  didn't heat the whole mother f'er up and burn my hands on exposed nuts and bolts lol  

@Steve-Oh those turned out awesome! Kinda jealous and now i really want to do them in the stang.. 

@tony No it's ok I don't mind.  Yeah you can either bake them or do what @Blackmage said above.  I actually used the baking method on the first light, realized it sucked then used the heat gun on the second and it worked much better.  

Also, thanks Will!!

Looks damn good!!!!!

I need to send my headlights to someone and get this done. I got too much other shiznit to do without having to worry bout that!!!! Lol

Thanks man! It's much easier then it seems to be.  You can actually get a projector that fits the original light socket better.  I just chose this route since the projector is much nicer.

I'm sending mine to @Steve-Oh when I figure *exactly* what to buy.

Lol send them up!  

Got them in!  ...without some sort of "what the fuck" though.  The PO broke the driver side bumper and headlight support (plastic piece behind the headlights) so getting the light in took a lot of cursing.  I had originally epoxied the broken part back together but that didn't last very long.  So I need to order a new panel so that it is done correctly but for now the one light may move a little over bumps, I'm sure it'll annoy the shit out of me.  I did clearcoat the lenses with a UV coating so they won't yellow again but did it before I glued them, mistake.  The clamps left little marks in the clear coat I'm guessing because they weren't cured enough (apparently 24 hours isn't long enough) so I need to wet sand and re-clear the lenses again.  Not the worst thing!  Regardless, can't wait to drive tonight at night.  Going to be like daylight!

That cutoff  B-)

15490492824_151695987d_c.jpg

15926598539_0b9d08b4dc_c.jpg

16110751241_e6735bc8a5_c.jpg

15926910997_ca1ae20094_c.jpg

Nice!!!! I would of blacked them but I'm a fan of all black errything. Looks factory though so kudos to you!

Thanks dewd!  I had pondered it, but I knew I wasn't putting black wheels on it or else I would have.  Factory look is def what I was trying to achieve.