SneakySonBeach

Offset bbs rk

wow that's a 2.5" offset.  what is the width of the wheel?  i don't think they will work for you.  not to mention i don't think they would even clear the brakes.

Must be offset for a FWD car, but that's awfully positive even for that application. My scion 18's are +40mm. A lot of subaru stock wheels are +50something... I don't think I've seen many 60+ offset wheels

Back spacing and offset are essentially the same thing. Back spacing is a term that IMO is fading away, and is measured in inches...offset is what I most commonly see when reading wheel specs and is in millimeters.

backspacing is measuring from the back of the wheel face to the hub mounting surface.  so for example on a 18x9" wheel the backspacing would generally be 5.94" or in other words you would have 3.06" from the wheel mount to the face of the wheel. 

offset gets you more or less the same thing but it starts with the imaginary center line of the wheel and measures plus or minus in mm from that line to the hub mounting surface.  so in the 18x9 example, you would have a +30mm which essentially is a 30mm measure from center 4.5" line of the wheel towards the fender side.  if it would have been -30mm it would be 30mm from that center towards the inside of the car.

Ok so I assume the back spacing on 05 mustangs are close enough to ours? He said he will include spacers and he bought them off a guy who had them on an 04 mach

Not quite. The normal offset for s197 wheels is +48mm. That works to almost 5cm which means you'd need ballpark a 2" spacer

sorry i have been absent as of late. yeah i did not go through with the deal and the more i use cl the more i hate the people. if they respond and make a date they never follow through and i end getting the short end of the stick. thanks for all the  helpful info as always!