sn95mills

Vinyl roof

Haha no worries. I know @boostedsn has his upper half wrapped but in cf not black. Process would be the same though. Best quality would be if you popped off your 'A' and 'c' pillar panels but you could do it with them on.

Mine are done @Det_Riot . That's the type of work that I do. I have all pillars done and roof as well. Pillars are wrapped all the way to where they bolt into the jam. All panels were taken off and done separately like Riot was saying. I would not recommend doing it while they are attached you will have an edge line from the vinyl shrinking. ill post some pictures in a few of some cars ive done. 

Mine are done @Det_Riot . That's the type of work that I do. I have all pillars done and roof as well. Pillars are wrapped all the way to where they bolt into the jam. All panels were taken off and done separately like Riot was saying. I would not recommend doing it while they are attached you will have an edge line from the vinyl shrinking. ill post some pictures in a few of some cars ive done.

Thanks for popping in! What would material cost be for the you're half like yours and what vinyl do you recommend?

• Supporting Member

I use 3M 1080 Scotchprint. Do not use the 3M Di-Noc. The 1080 film is a great vehicle wrap specific film. @ I tagged you in a few pictures on IG. Let me know what you want and I can give you a price on material. Thanks @Det_Riot

Any particular reason your opposed to the dinoc?

Mine is the satin vinyl from AM. Did it with a friend while detailing the car. Not the best pictures, taken with my phone, but you get the idea. Its filthy in some of them. And I threw in a very odd one as well. No filters.

20140601_104715_zpse94fee9f.jpg

20140613_121258_zps0456c6d5.jpg

20140913_225455_zps15a86362.jpg

20130803_190934_zpseb8cb3ac.jpg

20130804_131500_zps11ca15a0.jpg

should suffice

Mine is the satin vinyl from AM. Did it with a friend while detailing the car. Not the best pictures, taken with my phone, but you get the idea. Its filthy in some of them. And I threw in a very odd one as well. No filters.

20140601_104715_zpse94fee9f.jpg

20140613_121258_zps0456c6d5.jpg

should suffice

needs more race wing....

Any particular reason your opposed to the dinoc?

The Dinoc film is a good film. it is a good bit thicker than the 1080 Film. The di-noc is an architectural vinyl that 3m implemented for covering flat or very light curvatures. It's very stiff and difficult to work with. The 1080 scotchprint is a VERY user friendly product and contours nicely. Its a cast vinyl with a clear laminate which offers a ton of UV and weathering advantages over typical vinyls.. In the Carbon vinyls the 1080 has a much truer dry carbon look as well. Any of the color films like said before in the 1080 film will be easier to work with. I have had the car done for  almost 3 years now and left it outside rotting for 8 months when I first put it on and just washed it off and it has still be good to me. Anymore questions feel free to ask. You guys can check me out on Facebook or Instagram. Also the shop page at facebook.com/sunshieldauto

Thanks

Mike

Mine are done @Det_Riot . That's the type of work that I do. I have all pillars done and roof as well. Pillars are wrapped all the way to where they bolt into the jam. All panels were taken off and done separately like Riot was saying. I would not recommend doing it while they are attached you will have an edge line from the vinyl shrinking. ill post some pictures in a few of some cars ive done.

any pics for us non instagrammers? And by us I mean me

• Supporting Member

I loved the DiNoc I used on the interior of my old 3 series, but it did look like shit around really tight complex curves.

I also had issues around the handles on my interior and it looks like shit. Might buy some of the other vinyl.