smallblocksn95

GoPro

So the girlfriend got me a hero 3 for my birthday, and I've always wanted one so I'm sure I'll use the piss out of it once the season starts. Does anyone have any tips or tricks, or maybe even an editing software they prefer? I have a Mac if you do so I'm sure that narrows it down lol

Cheapest most robust will be sony Vegas. That said, don't know if it's Mac compatible.

Second, I use Vegas Pro myself. I think the Mac equivalent would be Final Cut Pro but GoPro does offer a free editing software through their site that has all the basics for putting together your videos, and it's simple to use.

Vegas for beginners, Final cut pro for something a little more advance.

Vegas can be found all over the web for free... haven't really searched for fcp however but I'm going to assume theres a couple million torrents or keyless versions out there. 

I use and like cyberlink powerdirector myself. 

Not sure which of the gopro's to recommend as I have not paid attention since the hero3 I have two of.  Great cameras though I would not recommend any other brand in the action camera area.  Their support is insane if you need it.  The one time I needed I sent an email to the CONTACT US email hoping to not get an automated response in 48 hrs.   I shit you not that with in 3 mins my phone rang.  It was a weird out of state number and I was going to let it go to voice mail, but in the back of my head I thought that maybe.....  I answered it and the tech on the other end could not have been any nicer in walking me through updating the camera, which to my embarrassment fixed the problem.  But no shit 3-4 mins max....

I have two of the hero 3 blacks.  I had one for just over a month when I won their "everything we make" contest and won one of everything they made at the time.  Its nice to have 2 but they are a lot more camera then I will fully use for a while.

thanks guys i plan to pick one up soon

Depends on your budget as well.  If you have the money to spend I'd def go for one of the 4's.  The 4 now supports 4K video shooting and 240 frame shooting in wvga, pretty awesome compared to the 3's.  12mp as opposed to 10mp in the 3+silver and 5mp in the 3 white.  Also they now have built in bluetooth which can come in handy!  When comparing the 4 silver and black it basically comes down to video shooting modes and features and the fact that the silver has a touchscreen on the back, black does not.  Hope this helps Troy!

well whats the difference between the 4 and the 4+ then?

There's only a 4 Black, and 4 Silver.  Like I stated before main differences between the two are frame rates with what video mode, bitrates and the 4 Silver has a touch screen LCD back screen.

I got a Silver 3+ for Christmas. Within about an hour of having it... I did a tour on the inside of my fish tank! LOL

She even got me the Fetch (for our dog) the roll bar mount, suction cup mount, and LCD backpack.

My new manifolds are going in, so I'll be getting some footage real soon. 

Chances are also good that it'll be stuck to my truck and car while we are at Mustang Week!

I got a Silver 3+ for Christmas. Within about an hour of having it... I did a tour on the inside of my fish tank! LOL

She even got me the Fetch (for our dog) the roll bar mount, suction cup mount, and LCD backpack.

My new manifolds are going in, so I'll be getting some footage real soon. 

Chances are also good that it'll be stuck to my truck and car while we are at Mustang Week!

Proof of said fish tank aquatic tour?!  I had mine stuck to various cars at MW but never edited all the footage, none of it was good lol.  It looked a lot like this though: 

@Det_Riot

16109001350_5f3f1bdf42_b.jpg

It's an Amano Shrimp.

Funny thing about my tank is that most people are under the misconception that you can't put Bettas in a tank with other fish. Which is clearly not true. I have 9 Neon Tetras, 8 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Amano Shrimp, a Corydoras Pleco, and the Halfmoon Betta.

The tank is also now planted with Anacharis (Common Water-Weed), and most of the fake stuff has been removed.

• Moderators

It's an Amano Shrimp.

Funny thing about my tank is that most people are under the misconception that you can't put Bettas in a tank with other fish. Which is clearly not true. I have 9 Neon Tetras, 8 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Amano Shrimp, a Corydoras Pleco, and the Halfmoon Betta.

The tank is also now planted with Anacharis (Common Water-Weed), and most of the fake stuff has been removed.

Harlequin Rasboras are some of my favorite freshwater fish... and Blue German Rams... and Panda Corydora... and Snowflake Plecostamus.