Josh@RideTech

Project Pro-Touring Fox

it's impossible not to care about the show part when you're dropping crazy money in a car imo lol. i'd think you could make it stay racecar'ish with lightweight billet wheels and the right tire. even if it's an 18

The cat serves as a secondary caliper. They get mounted right next to the calipers and when you need a little extra stopping power they dig those claws in lol.

@Josh@RideTech those brakes are going to be badass! I want to know what wheels they'll be behind...

So the brakes are cool but why on earth are you installing a cat?!?!? $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

The cat is going to be my co-pilot, he'll be around the whole time when I'm putting the car together!

The cat serves as a secondary caliper. They get mounted right next to the calipers and when you need a little extra stopping power they dig those claws in lol.

@Josh@RideTech those brakes are going to be badass! I want to know what wheels they'll be behind...

lol "try out the new Baer Calipurrrr".

Ran into a minor setback...

I put a new Ford Racing oil pan on the engine, along with a stock replacement oil pump, back when I was putting the engine together.  There are 4 bolts on top of the oil pump, one came in contact with the edge of the pan when I tightened everything down, so I pulled the pan back off and made sure there wasn't a hole.  I didn't see one so I put a button head bolt in the pump, so there wasn't any more of a clearance issue, and put the pan back on and put around 5 quarts of oil in it.  It's been sitting on my stand for almost 4 months with the oil in it, no leaks whatsoever.  I put it in the car on Saturday, hooked up the trans, and was working on it last night....and there's oil running out of the front sump of the pan, where the bolt/pan made contact.  So...the K member is coming back out and I'm ordering a Canton pan, I guess this is my reason to make buying the pan justifiable.

That really sucks about the leak from the pan, you won't be disappointed in the Canton pan. I have their road race pan and it's super nice, soooo many trap doors in that thing lol.

That really sucks about the leak from the pan, you won't be disappointed in the Canton pan. I have their road race pan and it's super nice, soooo many trap doors in that thing lol.

It did, I wasn't really pissed, just more disappointed that I had to step backwards...but it happens!  It's in and done now.  

I've got the headers on, got the high amp alternator coming, and finishing up some wiring.  

20150506_194105_zpsyywyga0s.jpg

New MAF, I've got the base tune for the 36lb injectors...now, just to get it running and to the dyno...

20150507_115807_zps0ufdbcc2.jpg

I've been playing with the new widebands, mocking up the Dakota Digital setup, and tucking everything away  :D.

20150510_222511_zpsmqpnfprg.jpg

20150506_205000_zps94jciu8w.jpg

and drilling this 7/8" hole through the sheet metal was by far the scariest thing I've done for a while...

20150509_232210_zpsnvx6rjij.jpg

shits turning out great so far man!!

Thanks  :D

I wanted to do something different last night, so I started playing with some MDF...

20150511_204945_zpsbuozrx2y.jpg

20150511_210130_zpslwt9l9ok.jpg

20150511_222820_zpslrn00wzt.jpg

It's got some rough edges that need to be addressed but I think I can make it look alright!

Yay, let me know how the install goes. I'm sure it's similar to an sn95 that's the front and rear kit I plan on getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy hell that's nice!

omg those rear calipers!! i need those. and that master. ugh.

I'm extremely happy!  It's crazy how big these calipers are... For the record, I'm not a small guy.  My hands normally look pretty big lol.

20150527_011152_zpsd1tfuemi.jpg

20150527_011209_zpsxrenlysp.jpg

The rear caliper is pretty sweet too!! :D 

The prices may be different because of the special coating but what I was looking at, 1,250~1,350 front and 1,350~1,450 rear.

What's retail on a setup like that?!?!?

The prices may be different because of the special coating but what I was looking at, 1,250~1,350 front and 1,350~1,450 rear.

Ouch...........

Yep.......

But damn it, this is the nicest setup that I've ever had. 

These things are just too sexy, I can't take my eyes off of them...

20150527_202608_zpsodulxioi.jpg

@tony - Still have the FR's, surprisingly, the 17" ones in the front clear by alot of room!  I'm thinking about going to the dark bronze TSW Nurburgring. Either that, or buy my buddies 18" FR's off of his car.

These things are just too sexy, I can't take my eyes off of them...

20150527_202608_zpsodulxioi.jpg

@tony - Still have the FR's, surprisingly, the 17" ones in the front clear by alot of room!  I'm thinking about going to the dark bronze TSW Nurburgring. Either that, or buy my buddies 18" FR's off of his car.

good lord those things are fn sexy lol damn dude!! glad your wheel will show them off. i was hoping you weren't running weld wheels or something more fat faced if you will :P 

good lord those things are fn sexy lol damn dude!! glad your wheel will show them off. i was hoping you weren't running weld wheels or something more fat faced if you will :P

Absolutely not.  These things are going to be very visible! :D