Jalien

jy tt t3, t4 or t3/t4 hybrid

been researching diy junkyard turbo builds. also, im thinking of remote placement to the rear. i'm quite capable of fabbing stuff, so please dont tell me that it'll be a bitch to do :)

--so, i'm only looking for 400rwhp which means maybe 450fwhp. i would like my boost to peak around 3.5k. the car is drift intended.

what he said ^^^.  not that it can't be done, or i'm poo-pooing the idea of remote mounted turbos, but it just seems like more work for less gain.  typically, they take longer to spoil because you're losing heat through the extra piping.  why not just flip the headers so they face up and towards the front and weld a turbo mount flange right on it and mount the turbo(s) that way.  seems to be the most common way junkyard diy turbo guys do it. 

now if your motivation is to be different, then go for it.  rock those remote mounts.  i'll be quite interested in the build for sure.  

I thought of a remote mount for sleeper status.. But it's not easy to tuck a 76 away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you will need to fab a scavenger setup for oil return, as well as a seperate reservoir for oil to sump to so it still does have a gravity return setup.. If not you'll be chewing oil seals and bearings up almost daily..

Thanks for the replies, guys. oh yea, there was a question--is turbo size adequate for the power i want?

STSTurbo.com they offer remote mount turbo kits. below is a 5thgen stang.

underview_twinturbo_mustang_500px.jpg

here is a sn95 build. 

Ill go ahead and ask just cause 50 others are going to if its not asked now.

Why remote mount?!? There is plenty of room under our hoods for routing the piping and putting a large enough turbo...............

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

heat. turbo timer. some articles and builds i read about requires remote battery and other engine element relocations

My setup was fine, no relocation of anything, just fab it around your needs.. d15fced3be54082bc248c054f8239ba2.jpg

But if your deadest on remote mount, you'll need a pretty small turbine housing, heat is dissipated quite a bit by the time it reaches the rear of the car, turbos rely on the expansion of air molecules when heated to make them more efficient, turbo blankets serve two purposes as an example of how the heat helps, to keep heat in, and also away from other engine vital components aka fuel lines lol

Dont many need to run a tubular k member for modulars with a single? That would be one way to get away from it or maybe to go crazy and evenly distribute weight

Sent from the future

The 96-04 all need tubular K members to run a turbo. I know of one kit that can be run with a stock K, but it needed a kot of other things moved like the fuse block.

been researching diy junkyard turbo builds. also, im thinking of remote placement to the rear. i'm quite capable of fabbing stuff, so please dont tell me that it'll be a bitch to do :)

--so, i'm only looking for 400rwhp which means maybe 450fwhp. i would like my boost to peak around 3.5k. the car is drift intended.

Why do want to deal with turbo system  head aches when you can esily  bolt on a 450 RWHP blower kit?