Det_Riot

SN95Source.com Site Update 2015

We've been working hard on giving you guys and gals the best possible experience while browsing and posting on the site. Over the past few years we've had issues not only with our site software but also our servers becoming laggy, incompatible and we've been stuck in a corner for tech support. 

Here are the highlights of the new software:

1. We will no longer be using GoDaddy for our Hosting, we will be using the hosting services of the company that makes the forum software we use.

2. With that comes support from the guys that write the software, so when we have issues with something we'll be able to get support from them directly.

3. No more having to sacrifice site options because they slow down the site as a matter of fact we'll be getting some old things back (gallery) and some new features.

We'll be replacing the Shoutbox with the IP Chat feature.

-Optimum availability, since it's a hosted service, you can be sure the chatroom has optimum availability - no intensive server software to run!

-Private chats, as well as the public chatroom, members can initiate one-to-one chats with other members from within the chatroom.

We'll be adding IP.Nexus  (Social eCommerce Software)

-This will allow us to sell physical or digital products, even subscriptions (COMING SOON! SN95 SWAG)

-With a built-in client area, members will get support more efficiently

These are two of the big things we will be adding soon after the site converts over. The site will go down sometime around noon on Wednesday as they back up the site then pull it from GoDaddy and add it to their server.  Once they do that, they'll run a full check on the site to make sure everything is functioning and once they have done that the site should come back up and we can start making the changes we need.  

This should take care of the site issues we have had in the past and now when/if we have a site issue we can go right to the source (no pun intended) and have them support us when we need it.

Once the site comes back online after the change, we'll open up a new thread for you to voice any issues that you may run into.

- ALSO, IF YOU HAVE PM'S YOU WANT TO SAVE, DO SO AS THEY WILL LIKELY BE LOST AFTER THE SWITCHOVER

We are hoping for about an hour to two of downtime but that all depends on how the GoDaddy servers are tomorrow.  Fingers crossed they are having a good day so that we can make this a quick process and wipe our hands clean of them.

Yes the transfer is done and we can start working on the new additions.  Some may still not be able to access as their ISP is probably showing the old site on the old servers.  This could take up to 24 hours for the ISP to refresh themselves.  But for those that can access.  Please make not of any issues  you may have.

Chat feature is live so you are good to play around in there.  Enjoy!!  More to come as the dust settles.

We'll update you on everything that has happened in the next couple of days once we check over everything.  New features on the way as well of some new things to support the members.

Sweet seems to be working on tapatalk but still nothing in a normal browser for me. I'll clear stuff and try again in the morn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet seems to be working on tapatalk but still nothing in a normal browser for me. I'll clear stuff and try again in the morn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will I did the following this morning when I got on as it still showed the old site from the old server.

Chrome:

1. Hit F12

2. Click the Resources Tab

3. Click on Local Storage on the left side.

4. Clear EVERYTHING OUT DELETE IT ALL

5. Click Cookies and clear out that for the site.

6. Clear Cache from History menu.

7. Close Chrome.

8. Press Windows Key + R

9. Type cmd

10. When the window opens up type ipconfig /flushdns

11. Restart computer and you should be good to go.  

That seem to be the manual option instead of waiting for the system to do it itself.

Will I did the following this morning when I got on as it still showed the old site from the old server.

Chrome:

1. Hit F12

2. Click the Resources Tab

3. Click on Local Storage on the left side.

4. Clear EVERYTHING OUT DELETE IT ALL

5. Click Cookies and clear out that for the site.

6. Clear Cache from History menu.

7. Close Chrome.

8. Press Windows Key + R

9. Type cmd

10. When the window opens up type ipconfig /flushdns

11. Restart computer and you should be good to go.

That seem to be the manual option instead of waiting for the system to do it itself.

Sounds good I'll give it a shot!

Sent from my iPhablet

Works fine for me :ph34r:

Posted from my mobile device NOT using Tapacrap.

Have to ask. After the site update tapatalk stopped working, so will tapatalk functionality be coming back? I can't even find the site one tapatalk anymore.

Also, using the mobile site I am unable to search. I've tried on chrome and dolphin phone web browsers. Once I select in the search box my keyboard comes up, but then immediately disappears. Haven't had this happen on any other sites, just this ones.

Steve has looked into it and there is an issue getting tapatalk to work with the site software. The tech support guy said that there is not currently a solution to the problem but when/if there is we will get it changed asap so the TT functionality will return.

I tried the search function on the mobile site and it worked fine for me?

dgdaRF.png

XsJcBo.png