97 svt Snake

Wheel Photoshop Project

Hey guys,

So I have some ideas running through my head. I have a 96 cobra with the stock rims. And I am thinking about keeping the stockish look. I am in love with the Rovos Durbans.

But I am thinking about keeping the stocks and either sending the rears out or find a spare set and have the rears widened to accomodate a 305.  And my other thought is how would it look with the stock rears having a lip.  

So is it possible for you guys to add a lip to them so I have an idea if they will look totally stupid or cool??

I can supply you with as many different angle pictures as possible

post-716-0-20728200-1427244526_thumb.jpg

So let me give you this information:

Companies will only widen to the inside if you don't have an existing lip on the wheel. Weld craft charges 200/" you widen per wheel. So an 8" wheel pair is gonna be $800. To widen to a 10" wheel. Then you have to rock wheel spacers. But it would be sweet

So let me give you this information:

Companies will only widen to the inside if you don't have an existing lip on the wheel. Weld craft charges 200/" you widen per wheel. So an 8" wheel pair is gonna be $800. To widen to a 10" wheel. Then you have to rock wheel spacers. But it would be sweet

i was actually quoted $250/wheel from weldcraft. wheel medic here in central ohio quoted me $175....this was for those 18's i had 

i was actually quoted $250/wheel from weldcraft. wheel medic here in central ohio quoted me $175....this was for those 18's i had

Ahhhh they must of upped the prices. Thanks toneeeyyy

Ahhhh they must of upped the prices. Thanks toneeeyyy

lol ur welcome....i still kinda wish i did that! but like you said...widening them from the inner would require a big ass spacer i'd think. 

I ended paying 800 (included shipping) to widen a pair of two piece wheels from 8.0 to 11.0. Center cut out and welded to new barrel but original lip (needed to match fronts), custom offset.

This was in 2010, though...

• Moderators

to put on the sn or the '13? 

They'd be for the SN.  18s just look kinda small on the 13 I think.  If I go 1" wider, then that will give me 18x10 front, and 18x11.5 rear for the SN.

• Moderators

I don't think they're going to be able to widen those wheels at the lip because they don't have a lip. They'll only be able to widen the barrel.

Understood.   ;)

Just to clarify, you wouldn't be able to widen them at the lip.  You would only be able to widen the barrel on those wheels.

I'd be cool if someone designed the stock cobra wheels into a new, bigger diameter wheel.  Wish I had access to Autodesk Inventor again.  Lastly, I'm pretty sure i'm the only human on here that really likes tri-bars. 

• Moderators

Lastly, I'm pretty sure i'm the only human on here that really likes tri-bars. 

No.  I do too.  If I could widen them to the appropriate widths, I would run them.  I much prefer the stock-ish, sleeper look.

getting back to what you originally asked for heres a quick chop i did of the rear widened....couldn't really use your pic but same car i think. also lowered it a tad as i seen your thread about suspensions. should set you about like this with a good drop. 

2lvmk41.jpg

@tony. That looks pretty sick actually. Im really digging it. I may just have to pull the trigger on 800+ price tag to have two chopped up and widened. I want to buy another set and keep my originals all original just so i have them. So if anyone knows someone with those that are mint for a good price let me know