Sho Amo

Finally got an SN95 :-) AGAIN! Update Pg 3

I finally got a car I've been wanting to get since I was a kid. I was holding out for a rip red/black 96-98 coupe but settled for a rio red/saddle 94 because it was really clean. Here's a list of mods it has already.

BBK cold air

BBK o/r x pipe

Flowmaster cat back

Eibach springs

Eibach sway bars

SR shifter

Braided brake lines

18/9-10 fr500

BFG drag radials in the rear.

Here's some pics!

C42D651B-9889-495F-B0AB-24416D798FD6_zps

335E421D-2CF9-4105-A36F-BAD91304479D_zps

732C557B-272F-480C-B4DD-C3FE3A297461_zps

Step 1 = Bump steer kit. No question.

Step 2 = probably shocks

Can anyone recommend a bump steer kit?

Edited by Sho Amo
Update!

• Moderators

Nice car!  I'm a big fan of the Rio/Saddle combo myself  ;) .

Bump steer - Maximum Motorsports, especially if you plan on using any of their other parts.  Steeda is good too.

• Moderators

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with MM since I know I'll be using lots of their stuff.

If you plan on going with the MM K member, get the drill through the spindle style of bumpsteer.

If you plan on going with the MM K member, get the drill through the spindle style of bumpsteer.

I was thinking about using the team Z autocross k member but I saw the issues @95riosnake was having with his 03 cobra rack. I've got much more research to do before I pull the trigger on a kit.

Registered washed and waxed. Not sure why the pictures came out orange but it looks awesome in person. I might take some go pro pics tomorrow or something.

06EC44C4-4E26-4BD1-B5B5-53BC98864DF9_zps

3DDCDF67-5597-4715-840F-3D20107649C6_zps

2C9242F0-3D18-4E23-BC8C-1A1973C5F20C_zps

06BF015E-9979-4ABC-A4BF-25D5B0E785D6_zps

Sorry guys, I jumped ship on the horizontals club...

I got these with harnesses for 60 bucks. Found out one is aftermarket and one is stock, so I'll be replacing the stock one eventually.

Dirty:

EFDED537-7236-40C1-9652-96110703DD65_zps

84898024-536C-447A-9D01-D205D4B199E2_zps

D5A1939E-340C-47B7-B034-D363D4189A50_zps

913E740F-71CE-43B1-81B2-6754F3750DDF_zps

7AB86BC8-4A3F-4E32-9A92-CA933A906EB1_zps

Awesome! You used to have a KB on it?

Any more info to share?

Yessir! 

The only modifications that I had made to the vehicle were installing a 2.1L Kenne Bell blower which was running at 5.8lbs. The car at the time was dyno'd and put down 320rwhp/355rwtq. 

The tires that you have on the car should be almost brand spanking new. I had put BFG radials on the rear and Falken's on the front. I also installed the short-throw shifter, and the brakes w/ stainless steel lines with the help of Steve on here so they have very few miles on them as well.

Any questions feel free to ask. It looks like the guy who bought it from me in NC put everything under the hood back to stock.

Nahhh he got a super clean car that was loved and babied! When I had originally bought the car I had seen an interior pic and knew that based on the condition of the driver seat leather that was the one. it was never beat on with the KB or raced. I miss owning a Cobra but have been in the BMW world these days. I figured that would happen once I started selling them lol

Nahhh he got a super clean car that was loved and babied! When I had originally bought the car I had seen an interior pic and knew that based on the condition of the driver seat leather that was the one. it was never beat on with the KB or raced. I miss owning a Cobra but have been in the BMW world these days. I figured that would happen once I started selling them lol

Yea I just mean it sucks that he didn't get the KB and other engine mods lol. It's definitely an immaculate example of a 94/95 cobra!

Yea I just mean it sucks that he didn't get the KB and other engine mods lol. It's definitely an immaculate example of a 94/95 cobra!

True, but I'll tell ya what - had I not gotten such a great deal on the KB I wouldn't have gone that route. I would have loved to build the top-end and make the power all motor. The KB was a heat machine!

Thanks guys! Like I said before I only got it because of how clean it is. I've got some engine plans for it in the future but right now It needs suspension work. It is pretty damn slow though. Lol

Thanks guys! Like I said before I only got it because of how clean it is. I've got some engine plans for it in the future but right now It needs suspension work. It is pretty damn slow though. Lol

It has a 3.73 rear fyi i'm sure you know that.

As for the suspension, it has the eibach pro-kit that the previous owner had installed but is riding on stock shocks/struts. If i recall correctly one of the front sway bar end-links is missing.

Well one of the end links wasn't missing but it was missing some bushings. Got new ones today, and installed my MM bump steer kit with poly rack bushings.

Notice one missing bushing under the sway bar. This was on both sides.

DDC7354D-7FA5-4A6A-B60D-B26589AC1882_zps

56CECB05-8919-4D3A-8F01-EB0E993E93B8_zps

I also did the little throttle mod and it really helped! I still want to get a wider throttle pedal for heel toe action :-)

E1A64AD3-8343-4B54-8E20-F867CE014797_zps

259B7D39-B96C-4194-915E-879FF4AB9D4E_zps

Yeah it definitely does but I'm still getting some play in the steering and it looks like it's within the rack. Rag joint is good and so are the inner tie rods. Probably going to go with a used 03/04 cobra rack.

Spoiler comes Wednesday :-)

What kind of spoiler did you order? s281? I always wanted to put one of those on but if you want to keep the 3rd brake light you have to swap the trunk lid.

Yeah I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. I was thinking maybe I just won't run a 3rd light. It's registered historic and doesn't get driven much anyways. I may just get a trunk lid and have it shaved at the same time.

Yeah I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. I was thinking maybe I just won't run a 3rd light. It's registered historic and doesn't get driven much anyways. I may just get a trunk lid and have it shaved at the same time.

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of cops wouldn't even notice.