OnyxCobra

Scorched Yellow Daytona 675

The Mustang is on a little hiatus right now so I'm having some fun with my new toy. I picked it up late last year and wanted to do a few things to kinda make it my own and clean it up a little bit without really going overboard with it. Since I don't already have a ton of stuff done to it and have a few things planned I figured I'd throw up some pics of the progress.

here she is the day I first went to look at her, i had my friend come along to test ride it since i had a total of a couple hours of motorcycle experience at that point

0825141937b.jpg

and one from a li'l ride I took along the lake

0928141540b.jpg

My first mod was some Watsen Design flush mount LED signals for the front. The company only takes orders for a few days every year and the wait is generally 6-8 weeks to get them. A lot of people complain about the price/wait time but after seeing the quality of em I think it was totally worth it; actually surprised they don't cost more.  Amazing quality, totally plug and play and bright as F.

here they are

0427151816.jpg

did a quick color check (spot on)

0428151341a.jpg

a lil before/after comparison

PhotoGrid_1431210617540.jpg

full pic of the bike after install (that's Dad gettin a feel for it lol)

0509151734.jpg

I was actually going to create a "Where is Ryan" thread last night lol.  Bike is sick man!  Really like the flush mount LED's, cleans up the fairing very well. 

thanks guys. In the interest of cleaning up the look and updating the lighting the next thing I did was replace the tail light with a Motodynamics smoked unit with integrated sequential turn signals. Great quality and more importantly it's pretty bright, even comes with a stop alert feature that strobes the brake light 3 times every time the brake is applied. No good pics yet but here are a few.

Stock, previous owner got something on the lens that made it look a little milky

0523151446a.jpg

the new smoked replacement

cropped.jpg

tail light on

0523151629.jpg

and one of the turn signal

0523151629c.jpg

I tried to get a video of the light action but turns out of my finger was covering half the lens. Ill have to try again lol

More lighting mods in the near future.

next thing the most requested mod to date: fender eliminator! Definitely cleans up the tail end, I like how the plate kinda just disappears now from the side.  All the fender elims are stupid expensive for this bike so I got to talkin with a buddy of mine that has a CBR600RR. After some discussion and measuring I ended up picking up the same license bracket they sell for his bike; worked great and way cheaper.

0711151920.jpg

0711151921b.jpg

0711151923e.jpg

0705151922d.jpg

0705151921a.jpg

just an fyi that flashing lights almost and especially flashing red lights are generally not allowed.  I say flashing lights at all because I knew people that had goldstars that had the option to just wag the high beam every 3-5 secs during daytime driving to help people see them and they got pulled over by a cop that had too much time obviously. 

just an fyi that flashing lights almost and especially flashing red lights are generally not allowed.  I say flashing lights at all because I knew people that had goldstars that had the option to just wag the high beam every 3-5 secs during daytime driving to help people see them and they got pulled over by a cop that had too much time obviously. 

you referring to the brake light? What would be the difference if you tap the brakes a few times yourself vs one that does it for you?  I see ambulances around here with the same brake alert feature.

well yes an ambulance and other emergency vehicles are some of the few vehicles that are allowed to have flashing lights.  I have seen it on the back of buses as well and I am sure its one of those stupid things a cop could use to pull someone over.  Yes you can make it flash by tapping it but the fact it can do it by itself is different and now a flashing red light which this is probably the only case that you don't mind seeing a flashing red light ya know?   Imagine this, ambulance, a bus and you next to each other on the highway followed by a cop and all three press the brake at the same time.  Who will he pull over?  Not saying your riding dirty or deserve it but it could be a ticketable offence(fix it ticket I think really but its been a while)  and if it happens to be a bad night to get pulled over its just one less thing to worry about.  It looks cool I completely agree and love the turn signals %250 I am just saying that when I had my bike I didn't need to give them a reason to pull me over most of the time..............

• Moderators

well yes an ambulance and other emergency vehicles are some of the few vehicles that are allowed to have flashing lights.  I have seen it on the back of buses as well and I am sure its one of those stupid things a cop could use to pull someone over.  Yes you can make it flash by tapping it but the fact it can do it by itself is different and now a flashing red light which this is probably the only case that you don't mind seeing a flashing red light ya know?   Imagine this, ambulance, a bus and you next to each other on the highway followed by a cop and all three press the brake at the same time.  Who will he pull over?  Not saying your riding dirty or deserve it but it could be a ticketable offence(fix it ticket I think really but its been a while)  and if it happens to be a bad night to get pulled over its just one less thing to worry about.  It looks cool I completely agree and love the turn signals %250 I am just saying that when I had my bike I didn't need to give them a reason to pull me over most of the time..............

All new Chrysler vehicles have the flashing 3rd brake light feature.  Red lights are not allowed on the front of the vehicle; if they weren't allowed anywhere on the vehicle, brake lights would be illegal.

They all do?  Not sure why I have not noticed a single one do it this late in the year.

I was bored and did a quick search and am amazed all the details of where what color light is allowed at least in California.  They do outline how many times in how many secs the light brake light can flash so hopefully all the states have done something similar.  I had heard about this from a volunteer fireman years ago that even showed me he had a special permit for his flashing blue light for his car.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=25001-26000&file=25250-25282

Scott I know what you're saying but really it's hardly a flashing red light, it's just a brake alert feature. I know you're just trying to be technical and all. It's not at all about looking cool but rather about being more visible. If a cop can't understand that then honestly he can fuck himself. The brake light does have DOT approval on it.

I did an exhaust but I'm being a little lazy with updating. I have a few vids but every time someone sees them they ask why I'm riding so slow so what's the point lol

Sooooo..... why are you riding so slow?    :ph34r:   haha jk.

Sooooo..... why are you riding so slow?    :ph34r:   haha jk.

lol right? Honestly just want to play it safe, I see it being very easy to out-ride your ability and wind up in big trouble in a hurry, I'm too scared to really lean it over.

here's a little clip i made to show a buddy of mine a road near me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSLahKGohfU

that's about all i'd do with a bike lol. find cool scenic routes to ride through. not everyone wants to risk their lives flying around acting like fools. i seen a video where you were up to around 100mph i thought lol

that's about all i'd do with a bike lol. find cool scenic routes to ride through. not everyone wants to risk their lives flying around acting like fools. i seen a video where you were up to around 100mph i thought lol

it's true I've been over 100 several times but riding fast in a straight line is easy, 100mph for these is like barely even trying lol. the corners are where all the skill is and I'm still too new to really want to push it or trust it.