RedTwilight

Where to get specific cooling hose?

I rebuilt the oil cooler in my Cobra finally.  Crunk it up to burp the cooling system and check for leaks.  No leaks found!  YAY! :D

Then took it down the road to check everything out and make sure it's all OK.  CAme back and found coolant leaking out like crazy.

Thought...   OH F*** No!  The D**** oil cooler needs to be pulled again.  Got looking around closer and to my relief found that it was just one of the coolant hoses had a hole in it.

So now I need the hose that goes from the oil cooler to the thermostat housing.  Trouble is I can not find the hose at any of the local parts stores and I only found the full kit online. 

Is there anywhere that I can get just the single hose?  I don't have the money to get the full kit.

Thanks in advance.

It this one.  The one coming off of the oil cooler itself.

I'm going to try the Ford stealership this evening after work also.  But if you happen to have one let me know in they don't have it.

20150530_143206.jpg

20150530_135311.jpg

I'm actually using a gt hose that I cut to length if I remember right. Otherwise I know rock auto has them I'm pretty sure

Sent from my iPhablet

Well just for everyone's knowledge, this particular hose is obsolete and not available at the Ford dealerships. Unless they have new old stock laying around.

So I guess my next plan of attack will be to locate a hose that is close to the radius and cut to length.

I know that pushrods are obviously a different animal, but I remember when I still ran my oil cooler, I replaced all the hoses on it...all of which were made of unobtanium. I just took all of them with me to the parts store and they looked through their selection and found ones that were the closest match. I only had to cut some length off them here and there. Even if Ford had still made them, they would be 3x as expensive.

I know that pushrods are obviously a different animal, but I remember when I still ran my oil cooler, I replaced all the hoses on it...all of which were made of unobtanium. I just took all of them with me to the parts store and they looked through their selection and found ones that were the closest match. I only had to cut some length off them here and there. Even if Ford had still made them, they would be 3x as expensive.

Yep, that is what I plan on doing now.  

Was just hoping to already have the hose on hand so that a 20 minute job (includes jacking up car and refilling system) doesn't turn into a 2 hour job.  

This is what I have.

ca5423bcf5b570b2c153db700038c122.jpg

Hey thanks for checking!  It looks like that's the hose right next to the smaller resevoir hose that is missing. 

Again thanks for checking but I'm gonna find a hose that closely matches as close as I can Sat morning and cut that to length. 

If I don't find anything that'll work I'll let you know.

Thanks a bunch though! :2thumb::drink_to_that:

I will take a look tonight and see if I have mine still.  I know I cut some hoses up to make a new upper but I am not sure if that is the one I cut.  If it isn't you can have it for the cost of getting it to you.