ttocs

sway bas

I decided to upgrade to ridetechs shockwave system along with their rear strongarm control arms and maximum motorsports front control arms.  While I have the sway bars off I can't help but wonder if it was worth the time to replace them or keep them stock?  This is obviously not going on a purpose built racecar but I do enjoy some corner carving and would love to hit an autocross if one was in town but it will definitely hit a drag strip or two.  What would you get?  adjustable or non?

i went with eibach sways.  figured i wasn't building a purpose built track car, adjustable was a waste of money.  and i could get them as a set rather than individually like the steedas.

The thing about adjustable sway bars is that unless you are planning to spend some time tuning them to suit your needs, they can actually be worse than a non-adjustable if they are adjusted incorrectly. Kinda like when people get triple adjustable coilovers but never set them up properly. Sometimes non adjustable is better when you don't need it.

I have been thinking the same thing all night myself.  Sure I love to go to the track but I am really just there for the personal excitement and fun.  The more I thought about I the less likely I was going to be under the car trying to get more out of it.

I also sold my old wheels today so it was nice to get a few bucks back to make this and the control arms happen.  I cam across this bar today but never heard of them before.   Anyone got any news on it? 

http://www.americanmuscle.com/srperformance-swaybar-kit-9404.html

Also curious that bump stop kit is recommended?

SR is AM's private brand like SVE for latemodel. some stuff is decent while other stuff is meh.  it measures the same as the eibach ones.  i hadn't heard anything negative about them before i left AM so i'd say go for it.  the hardware packet looks identical to the eibach one that came with mine.

yea the adjustable sway bar idea went away pretty quick when I imagined myself under the car tweeking it hoping I did it right.  But while the bars will not be adjustable the shockwaves have a dual adjustability with the knob on the top and the amount of pressure in the bag.  I love to blast a lap or two but I will never be serious enough to do any serious adjusting.  e I would love to hit  track and see how much of a difference it would make.  Now I have seen how bad the understeer can be on these when a buddy almost drove straight into a wall when the wheel was turned and can't help but to think that 20+yrs of DD one these super nice Indiana roads must have had some effect on them(not to mention trying to melt them on the car in the parking lot of phoenix).  I  am going with the cheaper/front rear sway bars for the same reasons you mentioned.  So after considering all of this tonight(with some help from dilauded) it seems like the perfect time to replace the K as well.  Wheels and brakes are off already and I will be removing the swing arms of course to put the new ones on 

I have another question about the sway bars though in the cheaper version has a little beefier version for a vert.  I know my car will weigh more then a standard GT with the stereo and other car being done to it, would it help to upgrade to the vert bar?

I am also curious what bump steer kits you recommend?