Welcome to SN95Source.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sergmeister

Best sounding exhaust for a 1998 V6

38 posts in this topic

Haha, I think you have my number, text me or something man.  I just barely have time to get online anymore

but you need to be online more :)  

haha you might be right

lots of videos on you tube. after listening to a bunch, chose the mac system for my son's 04 3.9 car. sounds good. 

4 hours ago, Serpent said:

lots of videos on you tube. after listening to a bunch, chose the mac system for my son's 04 3.9 car. sounds good. 

Yeah I've heard of the mac. Is the system on your son's car an h-pipe or x-pipe?

Also fellas I know this is an old thread but I no longer have the 98. I have a 2002 V6 now and I was wondering if anyone knew the part number for the Thrush Welded muffler? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Sergmeister said:

Yeah I've heard of the mac. Is the system on your son's car an h-pipe or x-pipe?

neither...it still has the stock cats into a Y and the mac has a Y and splits to two.

Damn, who else misses Sir Tew?

I love my mac cat back with the pacestter H pipe.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:04 PM, Sergmeister said:

Also fellas I know this is an old thread but I no longer have the 98. I have a 2002 V6 now and I was wondering if anyone knew the part number for the Thrush Welded muffler? Thanks.

going to depend on what you are replacing. they sell them by size of pipe and inlet and outlet location. are you talking for the stock muffler replacement?

here is an example:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/Product-Line/Thrush-Hush-Super-Turbo-Mufflers/

2 hours ago, Orange 94 said:

I love my mac cat back with the pacestter H pipe.

for sure!!!!!!!! your car sounds and looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:25 AM, 95riosnake said:

Damn, who else misses Sir Tew?

Well, miss no more big boy!

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, Sergmeister said:

I am unsure of the part number.  The trick with the V6 is you don't want it to be too loud.

I have Pacesetter Long Tubes, and custom H pipe.  I think one side is a MAC muffler, the other side is a Flowmaster (one of my MACs rusted and fell apart) with all custom piping around the rear suspension (pain in the rear).

It sound great!

On 6/10/2017 at 2:39 AM, Number Tew said:

Well, miss no more big boy!

I am unsure of the part number.  The trick with the V6 is you don't want it to be too loud.

I have Pacesetter Long Tubes, and custom H pipe.  I think one side is a MAC muffler, the other side is a Flowmaster (one of my MACs rusted and fell apart) with all custom piping around the rear suspension (pain in the rear).

It sound great!

welcome back :)

5 hours ago, Blackmage said:

welcome back :)

Thank you sir!