itsblown93

NMRA Bowling Green Kentucky

if things keep going well with my chrones I am looking forward to it.  Since I went back on some old medicine I have not got sick since may(knock on wood) and if it keeps going that way I am looking forward to this trip.  I have not been more then an hour away from this place since I moved back and have some old friends in BG that I would like to visit.  now if the car is ready by then with the shockwaves and the new supercharger, there is a chance and I am trying to make it happen.

I checked with my buddies this weekend and made sure I had someplace to crash on their couch/floor and its all good there!  This works out perfect for me as with my digestive crap I can't just hit a restaurant/drive through and would need a kitchen.  I still have all these plans made with the idea that if I am sick I can't go but I am happy to say I am passing a bit of a milestone tomorrow(fingers crossed).  After over a decade of this crap my veins went to crap and after the last time they had to try and stick me 5 times finally getting me in my ankle, they installed a port in my chest like they do for cancer patients so that its not an issue anymore.  There is some fluid in it that has to be changed every 6-8 weeks and in the 5 yrs I have had it this will be the first time I have made 2 of the appointments to change it in a row as I have always got sick in between.  I have not been out of my house much in the past 10 yrs since this all started up you can't imagine how much I hope it all works out....

well shit it looks like it will be a miracle if I make it.  about a month ago mom got sick.  Didn't seem like much more then a cold/flu but after going to the dr and getting antibiotics she just didn't seem to get better.  So needless to say I have been doing the cooking/cleaning and taking car of her.  Monday as soon as she finished dinner she threw up and said she wanted to go to the ER.  So after some tests they think she has too much fluid in her head that is causing the problems so they did a spinal tap and she is feeling better now and hopes to go home tomorrow. 

So dad would normally help fill the gaps that I could not cover but he has been due to a hip replacement all year so needless to say he has not been getting around well.  Thankfully the past month I have felt better and been able to help him where he needed it from an assistant for his consulting work he does to just taking him to the appointments that he has to prep for surgery that he had today.  Thankfully it was successful and he is now for the first time this year having no pain in his hip. 

So like I said I have been feeling better and was really looking forward to the trip.  So go figure that this morning I wake up and my day went to heck and now I am typing from the hospital again.  So mom is on the same floor in a different wing, dad is in a different hospital recovering and my poor brother was ran ragged today dealing with 3 people that of course are not in the best of moods.   Thankfully we have a really strong immediate family to help each other.  Unfortunately I am normally in here for 2-4 days depending and then it takes a week or two to get back on my feet and getting around.  so unless I make a miracle recovery as well as my folks it will be pretty hard to get down there.  Sucks but there is always next year and the car better be done to make the trip then.  Not saying its completely out of the picture but its gonna be harder then I originally thought it would...

yea when it rains it pours right?  I am not counting out completely as I really want to go and if I feel good on saterday I might still make a trip down for the day and come back that night.  Mornings are always my worst time and I am normally up late so staying over night isn't really needed.

Still mad this fell on the same weekend that we are leaving for Disney!!! :-(

I told myself all year that my present to myself was goin and I was pumped till bout a month ago when my wife pointed out that were leaving that weekend........... Makes me sad...

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Get yer car running for next years and we will both roll down as there is no way I am going to make it down.  Man this week just got nuts.  I am chasing my dad around after his hip replacement making sure he does his exercises and changing his dressings meanwhile trying to keep my mom in bed after a week long stay of her own for vertigo/nausea problems and like I said I just got out myself on saterday.  Last night I just finally get them medicated/dressings changed and in bed and just as I am about to fall asleep the F'ING DOG STARTS PUKING........  Just got mom to hold her food down now the dog.  No rest for the wicket.  Thank god I found some app to help me manage moms medication manifesto or there would be no way I would be able to keep them all straight now.

I never get to go to these things.. Fucking kids...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you didn't really miss anything for Friday and Saturday. Today was really the only day that anything happened.

If you guys trek out to Norwalk next year I'll have it there for sure!

We are definitely going to be adding more mustang shows to the schedule for next year but as to what ones is still up in the air.  We are pushing for Mustang Week obviously since it is the "Big One".  But we will need some alternates if we don't go to that one.  

Bowling Green this year was an awesome show for us even with the crappy weather.  

• Moderators

That is on my list of places to try and get to.  With that said recommendations are welcome so keep them coming.

The Silver Springs show in Ocala, FL.  It's in January some time.

I love to see the NMRA add Autocross to their venues.  Not that they need a bigger draw, but I think that they would have a great response if they started doing that.  Who knows Ridetech might even jump on board to sponsor that as well. 

I will definitely put VIR on the list.  The more options I have the better chance i have to do more events