Tabres

Looking for pics of white 4V valve covers

I like where this is going.

This is what I could find, sorry I know it's not exactly what you were looking for.

untitled-1.jpg

^ might be the most difficult motor to keep clean of all time I think lol. But cam covers would be cool in white.

Not exactly what I'm looking but I doubt I'll find it.  That does help visualize a little better, thanks!

I'm not entirely sold on white cam covers yet.  Just a thought that popped into my head the other night.  I've had red for a long time and thought a gloss white and black and polished engine bay would look pretty cool.

-edit- this is an old picture on my car, but I do still really like what I've already got going on.  Planning on doing a lot of clean-up on the bay this winter, really focusing on the engine harness.  May also do a battery relocation and some rivet-in Scott Rod panels.  I know I'm way in the minority but I like the way the rivet in look over the weld-in panels.

engine_zps7e8eeb54.jpg

get me a CLEAN shot of your bay and i can try to chop them white if you want 

Thanks!  I'll see if I can get one sometime soon.  This week is just insane for me with work and family coming into town.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Kinda mixed feelings about how this looks.  Just a ton of clutter in the bay and the covers seem a little brighter than the body of the car.  Good find, though!  Thanks!

I've gone through this before with a white car. I like the idea of white covers, but when you step back and look at it, it's just too "blah". Follow me on this: Just think of it as a coloring book. The page is white and black when it starts out and isn't much to look at. Add some color and all of a sudden it pops. That is sort of what happens with white valve covers on a white car. It becomes a blank coloring book page instead of a colored one. Just doesn't work.

Coloring-Book-Corruptions-4.jpg?47bf92

The pic you put up with the red covers are a keeper if you want my opinion.

Not exactly what I'm looking but I doubt I'll find it. That does help visualize a little better, thanks!

I'm not entirely sold on white cam covers yet. Just a thought that popped into my head the other night. I've had red for a long time and thought a gloss white and black and polished engine bay would look pretty cool.

-edit- this is an old picture on my car, but I do still really like what I've already got going on. Planning on doing a lot of clean-up on the bay this winter, really focusing on the engine harness. May also do a battery relocation and some rivet-in Scott Rod panels. I know I'm way in the minority but I like the way the rivet in look over the weld-in panels.

engine_zps7e8eeb54.jpg

I tried the rivit in Scott rod panels myself and didn't find the fit very good myself I even did I bit of trimming to try to get them to fit right to no avail. I still have them though I would sell for a greatly Discounted price of you wanna try them.4fb6819fd78e5c7bde2adf4f5b755385.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the rivit in Scott rod panels myself and didn't find the fit very good myself I even did I bit of trimming to try to get them to fit right to no avail. I still have them though I would sell for a greatly Discounted price of you wanna try them.4fb6819fd78e5c7bde2adf4f5b755385.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send me a PM with what you'd like for them shipped to 61704.  I'd probably be interested in them.

I think you guys are right.  The coloring book analogy is great.  Red is probably the way to stay.

Red it is.  Looked at it some more last night and I just can't get myself to like the white as much as the red.  Any my paranoia about the whites matching put me that much more behind staying red.

Thanks for all of the input and help finding pics!

Now I'll just spend the winter cleaning up and tucking the harness, going to pick up a nicer power steering tank and have it powdercoated black, going to relocate the boost control solenoid and better hide a bunch of the vacuum lines... should clean things up a lot.