CompOrangeSN95

I did a Hill Climb this weekend...

...in my Subaru.  This was one of the most fun events I've ever driven.  Awesome group of people, super technical course, and home cooked lunches.  I ran faster than the break out time for non-caged cars so I can't go back with the Subaru unless I put a cage in it, but conveniently enough, I have a couple other options with cages for next season.  I can't wait to do more next year, in my Mustang of course.  

Here's the link to an in-car I shot.

looks pretty fun man what's the top speed you reached.....looks like you were going pretty fast a few times lol

Thanks dude, the video is a little deceiving, I think the top speed I hit was probably around 80mph.  The course is 1 mile, almost on the money, and I was averaging 1:20 per run.  Running a mostly stock car on all-season tires, I was happy with that. 

Looks intense! I like to go watch our local Duryea climb and it always looks like so much fun. Can't wait to see the Mustang on there!

I might see you there next year.  I plan on running as many events with the PA hill climb association and SCCV as I can.  PA tends to run on much smoother roads from what I was told.  Makes it better for the Daytona, which would have some broken suspension components if I ran it at this course. 

Looks like a blast! I've always wanted to try one of those events out. Seems pretty quick for a mostly stock car! I've never driven a subie but can you always hear the spool that much? I could get used to that on a DD for sure lol.

Looks like a blast! I've always wanted to try one of those events out. Seems pretty quick for a mostly stock car! I've never driven a subie but can you always hear the spool that much? I could get used to that on a DD for sure lol.

Haha It was so much fun, and I highly recommend doing it at least once.  It's a quick little car, after if builds boost.  You can see my horrible reaction time and turbo lag from the beginning.  Stock, it doesn't make much noise, but the cold air + 3,500-7,000 rpm it gets noisy.

Honest opinion of my 2012 WRX:  Stock brakes=garbage, stock suspension=mushy, stock shifter=rod in jello, stock tune=unbearable.   I did stainless lines, stoptech pads/rotors, motul 600 fluid, and a master cylinder brace to stiffen up the brakes, and they feel really good now.  Rear sub-frame bushings and steering rack bushings to improve turn-in and over all road feel, and they helped quite a bit (the sub-frame bushings being most of the difference).  It came with a Cobb stainless exhaust and short throw from the PO, but I added the cold air and tune, which really woke the car up and smoothed out the power band.   

Looking at that list, I have more mods done than I thought...

They've got their breakout time set too high imo if a basic bolt-on WRX on all-seasons can breakout.

Looks like it was a lot of fun!  I've always wanted to do one of those.  There used to be a really nice hill climb event just over by my in-laws place.  It was a quite technical course that ran right along the Illinois River but unfortunately they haven't held the event in quite a few years.

They've got their breakout time set too high imo if a basic bolt-on WRX on all-seasons can breakout.

Looks like it was a lot of fun!  I've always wanted to do one of those.  There used to be a really nice hill climb event just over by my in-laws place.  It was a quite technical course that ran right along the Illinois River but unfortunately they haven't held the event in quite a few years.

Yeah, I kinda thought that too, but I'm not going to question it.  That's a real shame they don't hold that event any more.  Sounds like it was probably a really nice route.

Looks intense! I like to go watch our local Duryea climb and it always looks like so much fun. Can't wait to see the Mustang on there!

i assume you mean the reading pagoda hill climb?  i've wanted to try that.  do you know when they are doing it next?  @Shifty was talking about going to it too.  perhaps we need to get the local PA guys up for it.  @WildWillyWalker @Steve-Oh

i assume you mean the reading pagoda hill climb?  i've wanted to try that.  do you know when they are doing it next?  @Shifty was talking about going to it too.  perhaps we need to get the local PA guys up for it.  @WildWillyWalker @Steve-Oh

I plan on driving the Daytona at the Pagoda hill climb next year.  In fact, I plan on driving as many pa hill climb events as I can, and probably all of the Vermont hill climbs.

This year was June and August, so I'm assuming same next year. I don't see any dates yet though.

http://www.bmr-scca.org/

That's the site for the org that puts the events on. I think a meet would be cool for those weekends, I'd definitely be down.

http://hillclimb.org/  These guys are the ones that setup the hill climb that I did at mt. Philo, but I've also heard http://pahillclimb.org/     sets up a really nice event as well.  I plan on being at just about all of them next year with the Daytona.