laddanator

HRE 542Rs

Every time I search the web for rims, 95Riosnake's car pops up, and I'm hooked on his rims! Lol Does anyway have a led on a set of used ones? I found a site that sells them new, but can't wrap my head around 1700 per rim! :(

Sent you a PM @95riosnake by the way. I just noticed you replied to me in June, so I'm behind! :D

Phewwww good luck man. I've been searching around everywhere for some different HRE and couldn't find anything. You can try like wheel swap or stanceworks but finding a badass srt of HRE is like a needle in a haystack

Good luck man, I've loved 542R's for a LONG time and finally got my set a few years back. You don't see them for sale very often. I saw a weak sauce set of them for sale for like $3k a while back but they would have needed blown apart and rebuilt with mustang-appropriate offsets and barrels. They were like 18x7 and 18x9 or something, with a very small lip front and back.

I didn't have to do anything when I had a solid axle, when I went to the IRS nothing fit anymore but oh well.

I've got a solid for now, not sure I'm going to do the IRS swap at this time. I did find some look alike HRE 542s at Japan Racing JR15s. Don't have the rivets, but wasn't sure I like those anyway. Way less then a set of HREs

Y7Gf0D.jpg

Y7Gf0D.jpg

The biggest rear they have is a 19x10. Not sure how far the face is recessed in the rim, like your rears. the offset is ET35.

Rio, are your rims chrome, or machined silver-polished?

• Moderators

Blech... knockoffs... and unilug pattern.  Barf.  How in the world can you even compare those to HREs.  I hate the phrase, but here it's totally applicable - you gotta pay to play.

My wheels are machined centers with a clear powder coat and polished stepped lips. 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear. I don't know the offset.

Not feeling those reps, the unilug pattern kills just about any wheel that has it. The wheels I have on my DD are unilug and I hate it.

But DD'ing those over potholes is why you got cheapies... not $7k wheels.

Driving over potholes is not going to do anything to a set of HREs. Driving over a pothole with some $50 chromed out replicas from a "japanese" wheel place in the united kingdom however might. 

Blech... knockoffs... and unilug pattern.  Barf.  How in the world can you even compare those to HREs.  I hate the phrase, but here it's totally applicable - you gotta pay to play.

My wheels are machined centers with a clear powder coat and polished stepped lips. 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear. I don't know the offset.

Not feeling those reps, the unilug pattern kills just about any wheel that has it. The wheels I have on my DD are unilug and I hate it.

Driving over potholes is not going to do anything to a set of HREs. Driving over a pothole with some $50 chromed out replicas from a "japanese" wheel place in the united kingdom however might. 

The Jap rims for a sn95 are not unilug, just the best internet pic I could find. No way in the world would I want a set of unilugs on my Mystic! :)

Ummmmm, I never compared those Jap rims to HREs, just said "Look alike" No way in hell do those rims compare to HREs, but when you got 4 kids, and an exwife....7 grand ain't just laying around for rims.

Those rims aren't 50 dollar knocks offs. I was quoted 2200 for 4 of those rims, which may be cheap to you rich guys, but to a poor feller like me, who have never spent over 500 on a set rims my entire life, that's a lot!!

The Zedd SL5s don't look half bad for knockoffs.

EeuxkJ.jpg

They may not look any different, but you'll have to live with that fact you put fake wheels on your mystic. I think you would agree your car deserves the best.

If you like the look of the wheels posted above just as much as the HRE 542s, you will have a much easier time finding them. Most 3 piece wheel companies will have a wheel of that design. 

Sooooo CCW makes a wheel very similar, I believe the LM5, and I think the cost is about half of an HRE set

LMT5 to be exact, but hell ya! Look pretty damn good, forged, and half price. One rim is about 800 bucks. More than I've paid for a whole set! Lol Thanks, Det

LMT5 to be exact, but hell ya! Look pretty damn good, forged, and half price. One rim is about 800 bucks. More than I've paid for a whole set! Lol Thanks, Det

haha yeah I mean it's still 3200 for a set but that's half the cost of the HRE sooooo gotta pay to play =p

why not try some of the billet wheel companies that are out there? they are all usually made to order, forged, several different finishes avialable  and prices range from $600-$750 pr wheel. nothing "fake" or "knockoff" and imo waaaay more options as far as design goes. 

seems as though mustang owners who want a high end wheel stick to 3 companies and that is IT!!! TF, CCW and HRE. 

try intro wheels, raceline wheels, bonspeed wheels (be prepared to wait for months), boze (exclusive series), budnick may be a tad higher in price but some badass wheels. usually you will find these wheels on pro touring cars or street trucks yes...but they can look sick on a mustang. 

and if you want to run anything other than an 18" i'd stay away from ccw lol. their 19/20" wheels offer terrible lip sizes. which never made sense to me, if you're offering custom built wheels why in fuck can't i choose my offset and backspacing on a 2 piece wheel 1 piece construction??!! annoying 

This is exactly what I'll be doing if I ever change my wheels.

I went with what I have now mainly cause of the black chrome and at the time no one around here had fr500's. But now there is one other car :-(

In a few years I may end up going another route and will be searching hardcore.

Tony, I'll be enlisting your thinking process when it's time!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

thats were I'm at, I'm just waiting to find a set of wheels around 3-4K that really set my pants on fire. Until then I'll rock the shit out of the chrome knock off fr500s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's another inch really though?!?

.........waiting for a woman to chime in and tell us another inch is everything!!!! Lmao

Not enough to sweat. 18s will be fine, plus I can use the brand new tires I just put on my cheap 18s set. That will be a nice savings!! :)

LM5T's should look awesome! Also, one benefit of 18's is not only tire cost, but tire selection. There aren't many sticky 19" options other than Toyo R888's...which are big bucks. Nitto makes a 19" drag radial but it's a 345 which is waaaay too wide for an 11.

LM5T's should look awesome! Also, one benefit of 18's is not only tire cost, but tire selection. There aren't many sticky 19" options other than Toyo R888's...which are big bucks. Nitto makes a 19" drag radial but it's a 345 which is waaaay too wide for an 11.

You're right, Dan! I'm having a hard time finding 315-30-18s, so the 19s must be worse. What do you guys recommend in the 315s as far as tires?

I ended up pulling the trigger on those LM5Ts. My hand hovered over the confirm to buy button for a few hours! Lol

Beautiful rim though

QQyiMr.jpg

R888s if you want the sexiest looking tire.

Proxes TQs or Nitto NT05 if you want a drag radial.

Falken Azenis are a good street tire I've heard but I think they're expensive. 

That's all that comes to mind. Im sure Michelin at BFG make tires in that size too but you can just look up reviews on tirerack or whatever site

I love my proxes tq 315/35/18 but not sure if your wanting a shorter sidewall because you said you were looking 315/30s but they look pretty good and are fairly priced.

R888s if you want the sexiest looking tire.

Proxes TQs or Nitto NT05 if you want a drag radial.

Falken Azenis are a good street tire I've heard but I think they're expensive. 

That's all that comes to mind. Im sure Michelin at BFG make tires in that size too but you can just look up reviews on tirerack or whatever site

I just bought the Nitto 315 drag radials NT-01, and not sure I like them yet. Almost not tread on them at all, but what do I expect with a drag radial I guess.

I love my proxes tq 315/35/18 but not sure if your wanting a shorter sidewall because you said you were looking 315/30s but they look pretty good and are fairly priced.

35s are fine, but seem hard to find. 30s were all I could find at the time. Thanks for the info!

Bfg does in the kdw's if I remember correctly.

I will check'em out

my 19" ROH that I got used came with a set of hankook tires.   Not exactly budget minded but not discount den either.

Wow, really great info. Thanks, guys!

Yes, up front as well. I meant size wise up front. I'm figuring on a 265

I run r888 up front and the tq's in the rear just make sure you have a good alignment or you'll eat the r888 up fast.

What made you do the TQ in the rear? The R888s look wider than the TQs, even though they both are 315s.

Yes, up front as well. I meant size wise up front. I'm figuring on a 265

What made you do the TQ in the rear? The R888s look wider than the TQs, even though they both are 315s.

I've rode in a car with similar horse power as mine with r888 in the rear and my tq's seem to hook better on the street and at the track. And they are both equal in the rain, I actually got caught in a down pour with the tq's and was able to drive 50-55mph with confidents. Also I believe the tq's are a little cheaper.

I've rode in a car with similar horse power as mine with r888 in the rear and my tq's seem to hook better on the street and at the track. And they are both equal in the rain, I actually got caught in a down pour with the tq's and was able to drive 50-55mph with confidents. Also I believe the tq's are a little cheaper.

Maybe you can answer this. I saw about 50 plus videos on YouTube warning not to get the R888s for a daily, because they're extremely noisy. My car will never see the track, and I don't do burns out, so the noise would be an issue for me. I don't drive it daily, but sometimes I do take long trips. Do you find them to be that noisy?

Maybe you can answer this. I saw about 50 plus videos on YouTube warning not to get the R888s for a daily, because they're extremely noisy. My car will never see the track, and I don't do burns out, so the noise would be an issue for me. I don't drive it daily, but sometimes I do take long trips. Do you find them to be that noisy?

i can say there not as noisy as the all terrains on my truck, but they are also arnt silent, but if you have aftermarket exhaust you will hear that over the tires unless you are just really listening for tire noise.