Blackmage

ROTM

ya know this is the first time anyone has actually mentioned it since i stopped.  the themes were getting slim and participation was really dropping so i just let a month lapse.  then it turned into quite a few months because nobody seemed to care that i wasn't doing it.  that and just about everybody on the site has won or been nominated numerous times.  

ya know this is the first time anyone has actually mentioned it since i stopped.  the themes were getting slim and participation was really dropping so i just let a month lapse.  then it turned into quite a few months because nobody seemed to care that i wasn't doing it.  that and just about everybody on the site has won or been nominated numerous times.  

i actually brought it up to Chris a couple times and he mentioned you were overseas or something.  I just figured work was getting the best of ya!  

first off will is a jerk. and I think I say that for both myself and chris. Also the statement that "everyone" has won is not fair. cant remember seeing @Blackmage win. your car might run but your a loser too!

hahahahaha I am a loser :'(  

Some of us evil guys never won........

Can't honestly remember getting nom'd much if at all.........

Hence being evil means not one of the cool kids I guess.

In all honesty I think rotm always kind of was biased anyways.

Let it stay gone.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

hey i've nom'd you a few times

i hate the word nom idk why i just used it 

Let it stay gone.

Please enlighten me how ROTM was biased...

All the members (who cared to take the time) nominated the cars/owners... The 3/4 cars with most nominations moved onto voting where those who could be bothered to click two times on a name and then click vote cast their votes. Top number of votes won... I really can't see how that would be biased.

Participation has been low since we started doing it and myself and the rest of the staff could never figure out why. At first we thought, oh maybe the detailed voting method puts people off...so we reduced it back to one click voting like every other site... and still nothing.

• Moderators

Let it stay gone.

You're high as an f-ing kite dude.  My piece of shit got nominated when it first went under the knife without professional pictures and nothing done to it other than a wish list of parts.  Every month was completely different as far as nominations were concerned.  I think what you really see is the few people that participate on this site, fewer people that nominate cars, and even fewer people that participate in voting.  For God's sake, the last round had like 12 votes.   You want more cars, and less appearance of bias?  Get more people to join here and actively participate.

• Moderators

Everybodies panties in a bunch!!!! Mission accomplished!!!!!!!!

Look through all of the rotm's and you will notice that there is always the same 10-15ish cars nom'd. Half the time they are even cars that have already won.

That's about all the people that post on here regularly.  Seriously.  Start counting.

well its a popularity contest at the best but no reason to get upset about.  I have refused all of the nom's I have got just because I don't see the reason to celebrate till its done.  Another problem with it here is we just have too many cars in a perpetual state of nearly nothing.  I can say that since mine is one of them.  Not my fault but it is what it is.

Another problem with it here is we just have too many cars in a perpetual state of nearly nothing.  I can say that since mine is one of them.  Not my fault but it is what it is.

I'm one of those. I haven't taken a new picture of my car outside the garage in years, unless you count flatbed pics lol.

i thought we always had a damn good amount of nom's each month.  @95riosnake always did a great job of remembering who was on this site that wasnt super active and getting their name back up there.   I always liked ROTM because not everone posts what their car actually looks/looked like anyways.  So being able to see what was done to a car and what is actually looks like inside and out was kinda fun.   *shrug*  even if the turnout is low, it was always nice.  I get it though, if it takes more time than its worth to the site admins so be it.  but i'd like to see it come back :)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who can admit that it's a popularity contest.

That's the case with almost any voting-based competition unfortunately. We tried to change it up when we had the system where you gave ratings for different aspects of each car, but that dropped participation even lower.

We can try to see if we can get the tapatalk app to work with voting, not sure what that entails because I'm not a web/computer person, but that could help. Maybe we will keep rotm but do it quarterly or something?

I really enjoy the ROTM to be honest and even if there is a little bias that's no fault of the site or the people really voting.  If only a small subset of the forum vote why would you expect the nomination's and winners to not be similar.  People have their own tastes and will always tend to vote for cars that they like.  Only way to change that is get more people to participate.  On a side note my car finally graduated from being in the group of car's that are never done to getting outside and a quick wash.  Also took it around the block!! Still lot's to do before it's finished but one step closer.

That's the problem with it. It shouldn't be about voting for bff's. It should be about taking the time to really consider all cars and all aspects for that month and if there is a theme.

We all know that there is clicks on forums. It happens here as well.

You're in my clique Logan 

dc505a2b4bb4c31891a0f442fa40dcb5.jpg

Maybe we will keep rotm but do it quarterly or something?

That may spur up more participation since you could use one month or more to let people pick a subject then nominate cars.  Also would let the criteria to be broader like,  Q4 2015: winter is coming - nominate the project you want to see finished this winter or most enjoy following.

Anyway, it would be a shame for ROTM to leave completely but allowing more time to nominate with using quarterly ROTM's may be a good thing.  

i enjoyed winning rotm here. understand that when i first joined the world of internet forums with my mustang there weren't a lot of "Tony's mustang fans" lol so to end up with something that you guys learned to respect enough to honor me with rotm was fn awesome to me. one of the highlights of owning a mustang for me. so i'd like to keep it around and just accept that it's not something everyone is going to go crazy over. 

I would participate in the nominations more, but I've only been on here about a year and a half.  So I only know of the vehicles and members that have posted in that amount of time.  I know not of all the rides but a few from before then.  Most of the ones I do know of or can recall have already been nominated or are in a perpetual state of build (such as mine).

What it really comes down to is that more participation is required.  More active members, new or old, would be nice.  

I like the idea of bi-monthly, quarterly, etc.  Maybe in the mean time the members could all give their input for the themes that they'd like to see.  

I must have missed this, when were you disliked here?

im just messing around

It's ok my fellow asshole!!!! We can't all be the prom king.

Someone has to be around to gut punch him and take his girl!!!! Lol

Yea I'll do my best to be more active on here . Going to do some of the final additions to my car over the winter so I'll be sure to update the build thread and get some new pics

im just messing around

Yea I'll do my best to be more active on here . Going to do some of the final additions to my car over the winter so I'll be sure to update the build thread and get some new pics

Oh ok, I was like wait, I can't remember any hate being directed your way lol.

sounds like from what I can gather that its almost like my high school reunions.  They tried to do another 5 yr reunion last year and I guess they had about 30(out of over 400) people rsvp'd so they said they would try it again in another 5 yrs.  Maybe monthly is too often for the amount of traffic it gets and a bi-monthly or quarterly system might be better.

Quarterly to me seems the right thing to do.  If the traffic through the site were to pick up I could see ROTM being held more often, but I feel like all of the issues being brought up are directly related to there being only a small, core group of folks that are the main participants on the forum.

The only comment I don't really get it is it being a popularity contest.  Did people really only vote for their friends?  I guess its just weird to me as I don't have a personal connection to any member of this site.  I've never met anyone in person, I don't text with anybody, etc..  If someone built a kick-ass car or had a really neat feature that I like I voted for them.  I think sometimes the votes were lopsided because while two cars may have fit the same theme for the month, they had way different budgets associated with them, and I think it is second nature to vote for the person that is chucking piles of cash at their car just because they can afford "cooler" stuff.

i'm thinking i'll bring this back on a quarterly basis for now.  i like the idea of giving more time for the nominations and the voting.  it was always tight to try and get it all done every two weeks and i think it also diminished the significance of winning.  i'll post up a nom thread today or tomorrow.  

@Evilcw311 if you would post more pictures of your car, you'd probably get more noms/votes.  without that, it does turn into a popularity contest cause everyone doesn't know what your car looks like or you have going on.  not everyone keeps up on everyone's build thread.

Agree on the idea of bringing ROTM back on a quarterly/seasonal basis as the moderators see fit. Hopefully some other members who haven't been around as long can agree with me when I say that ROTM is helpful for getting familiar with other members and their cars. Due to time constraints I don't often delve much into other peoples' build threads when they're several pages long and full of photos, it's just more than I can juggle sometimes. ROTM gives me a condensed yet detailed summary of a build, one that can make it easier to associate a car with a name.

a lot of things going on in personal lives right now and to be honest I would like to hold off till we actually have the time and energy to upgrade the site to the newest version or what we run.  Plus it give others time to get stuff done to their cars.  Oh and add me to the 7 year list as well.