Staaksondeck

Third brake light for wingless trunk

So i have a 95 cobra and im attempting the wingless look...the issue tho is that the 3rd brake light is located in my wing so now i dont have a 3rd brake light...but i actually LOVE the look of the trunk without it, looks clean and sharp. Does anyone have an alternate route with hooking up the third brake light in the rear window? I was looking into possibly using a notch brake light but id assume it would not run flush with the rear window

post-944-0-83686300-1449664605_thumb.jpe

I would just mount a universal red LED strip to the package tray trim or headliner. Then just run the wires down into the trunk and tap into the third brake light wires.

Something like this: http://www.siraweb.com/p/116/at-led-28x30-01?gclid=Cj0KEQiAv5-zBRCAzfWGu-2jo70BEiQAj_F8oPB0goSsGzQ1znejh5nifhEt1tKCRD8r4hXesBSFxhsaAklq8P8HAQ

There are also aftermarket LED 3rd brake lights that adhere to the window, so you have a few options.

yes I have mounted a bunch of individual leds that I made to go into the holes I drilled for them.  Def not the easy way...

IMG_20150912_151609741.jpg

I did see that they make some license plate frames that have lights built into them if you want easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Metal-Lighted-License-Plate-Frame-Red-White-LED-Brake-light-Car-Rv-Truck-/371360593206?hash=item5676d0f536:g:oWQAAOSwkNZUnKii&vxp=mtr

had no idea a trunk lid existed without the 3rd brakelight lol. i had mine shaved off and this is on my list of things to do. i like ^ that option there, may grab that. 

94-95 cobra trunk lids don't have a brake light in them.

i've been toying with the idea of shaving mine and putting one in the top of the rear window.  basically incorporate it into the headliner when i ever get around to doing that.  something like this:

IMG_0396.jpg

but on the inside

that will be much harder for any of us because of the dot matrix that goes across the back window.  You would probably need to remove it to make it work.

but only if you have a rear defrosting window....which i do not.

That was this guy!!!!

@Prokiller, so your saying your non defrost glass doesn't have the matrix?!?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

i swore there wasn't but i looked again last night and there does seem to be the dot matrix even on the non-defrost.  so i was wrong.

You mean you had me all worked up and excited for nothing?!?!?!

You bastard................. $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

pssh you?  i had my plans all worked out but never even bothered to check the first part of it... :blink:  <_<

my non defrost rear glass does have the dot matrix as well.  i would think you'd be able to scrape it off, but at what cost of scratching the glass.  stuff seems like its on there pretty permanently. 

i've always thought the same thing.  i can't imagine it would be too crazy but then again who knows.  perhaps next trip the junkyard i'll give it a shot.