SniveTroll

02 L Diddly

I sent my datalogs to the tuner. He and I didn't like 50 psi at idle. It should be 40psi. This was with a BBK adjustable regulator. I am also using 97 expy fuel rails. It is known that FPRs take a dump with dual walbro 255s. I know BBK often sells junk. I do have a billet adj regulator that I am not liking. So I ordered an accufab fpr. It definitely has more weight and seems better constructed.

20160604_195640-1.jpg

That accufab is nice. When it comes to regulators, Aeromotive also makes a nice one. I use a Kirban, but only one 255 pump. 

i hate to see aftermarket parts causing performance problems! 

Sounds bad as hell! Now we need some WOT fly-bys!

I know you got this truck on the super cheap, if you don't mind sharing what's the rough total investment in this thing?

*5.5k truck with blown engine

*1600 machining, bearings, main bolts and assembly.

*650 for New cams, springs and retainers

*500 for used forged pistons and rods. 

*300 for like New Romeo heads

*550 for small parts.. Iac, tps, throttle body, timing and head swap kit.

*220 for x4 tuner

*180 email tuning

*200 for gauges

Roughly 

thanks dan. ive been cruising everywhere for parts on the low. I have a meth kit as well but them Will be once I get a dyno tune. In using it for the cooling effect and recover mpgs. I won't need the power by product. I'm using oem main and head bolts. 

26 minutes ago, 95riosnake said:

Damn, a fresh and ready to go Lightning for under 10g's! Hats off to you sir.

I forgot to add I paid

*500 for used rods and pistons. Pistons are still within ford/Manley specs but noisey. They're a little loose. I'm ok with it.

Yesterday I dropped the tank. I was informed upon buying that it has walbro 255s.... That wasn't the case. It had original stock dual 130 pumps in the tank. Now this adds onto WTF was the previous owner thinking?!?... I dropped the tank on a whim because I knew he blew it up top. It would hold pressure but to what end. One asked himself do I need to drop the tank. 

Also I ordered all new evap and fuel filler hoses. Teal/blue pumps are stock.

received_10208347093829299.jpeg

received_10208347251033229.jpeg

received_10208347343155532.jpeg

received_10208347388116656.jpeg

Seems like these Lightnings are always pretty rust free too. Not that i've crawled around underneath of any but even the ones that are used daily here in ohio never seem to be rusted....at all from what i see lol. 

I got the pumps in yesterday and had a no start issue. Funny thing is It ran before I dropped the tank. Walbros draw 9amps each. It would crank and no start. I was starting to think I forgot something.  I put the battery on the charger and noticed it was at 33% 11.7 volts. I put it on charge awhile and it fired right up. Now I can finish the gauges and get it inspected and registered.

I removed the lower wiper cowl panel to install vacuum block. Sadly no clear picture of that. I also redone some evap lines. I also threw in some door LEDs. I have some red, black and blue silicone hoses on the way. 

1466031672397.jpg

1465940922766.jpg

1465941584891.jpg

1465939615581.jpg

Silly-cone came in. And I picked up a few other items. I picked up some TR6s and BR7s for the moostang. I got the upr catch can off Craigslist some time ago. I needed some barbed fittings and got some off eBay. I also already had the one wide band wired to run off the stereo. I'm not happy with it at all. I bought a used db gauge and lc-1.  I plan on running a dual gauge setup and run them off the same toggle switch tapping into the cigarette lighter since I don't use it. 1 will remain in the pillar pod with a autometer phantom boost gauge. I will also use a column pod. Of curse they will both tie into the SCT X4. I'll use a removable splice on that wiring to a 10amp inline fuse.  I'm using an led toggle switch in the ashtray. 

20160624_231610.jpg

I installed the TR6s and gapped them at .034. I torqued them down to 13ftlbs. Most people don't use a torque wrench but you have to on modulars.  The inlets for the pic on the lightning and valve covers are 5/8". Again I'm using romeo heads with police interceptor valve covers. The catch can hoses are necked down to 3/8". I started it up and noticed the idle was less noisier.  Which is good. I'm almost certain that the Br7s I had in were too tight in gap.  They were out of the box and not tightened.  They were . 026.  Between the fuel pressure regulator loading fuel and the tight gap,  my plugs were fouled.  I may have to go back to stock width vacuum line.  The silicone width may be too wide.  20160627_181954_HDR-1.jpg

20160627_171658-1.jpg

20160626_210044-1.jpg

So ive been driving it on an email tune.  A few months ago,  the lower pulley came loose.  Then yesterday it came loose again. Since its a cageless pulley it worked loose.  Today i removed it and blue loctiting the bolts with a lock washer.  Its scary hearing what sounds like a knock...  Again.

received_10209748398381037.jpeg

yes the caged pulley attaches at the crank snout and several bolted points to make it secure. it also takes off harmonic stress off the crank. i am using a steel forged cobra jet crank. its supposed to be a decent pulley. right now im using a 2lb upper and 4 lb lower. theoretically im at 14psi. with the ported blower, exhaust and cams i am lower. where at, i dont know.