Prokiller

305/30-20 tires

Tires  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which tire should I go with?

• Nitto NT05
    • Nitto NT555 G2
    • Toyo Proxes T1R

i need to get new rears.  i want to keep the width but the current 305/35s are just too tall.  a 305/30 gives me more than an inch difference which should be plenty.  I've had drag radials in the past for years now, but i've realized i just don't drive it like i used to so that's not the priority at this point.  i just want to be able to actually drive it down the road and not rub over every pebble.  I don't drive it in the rain if i can ever help it, so that's not a real concern.

only things i'm finding are Nitto and toyo.  which ones do you think are the way to go?

Nitto NT05:

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt05-max-performance-tire/

Nitto NT555 G2:

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt555-g2-ultra-high-performance-tire/

Toyo Proxes T1R:

https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-t1r-ultra-high-performance-summer-tires

I would personally choose the NT05, since none of the 3 are drag radials and you're not overly concerned with tread life considering the recreational use of the car I'd have to let it boil down to aesthetics. And in the aesthetics dept the NT05 beats out the other 2 IMO.

What about the Bridgestone Potenza S001

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S001&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=03YR0S001&tab=Sizes

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+Cup+2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=03YR0PSC2XLN0&tab=Sizes

Pirelli Pzero 

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=03YR0P0&tab=Sizes

I have the sport cups on my car, and they have been fairly nice.  they're slick when theyre cold, straight out of the garage, but are fine once they get some road time on them.  

• Moderators

I've always been a big fan of Continental Extreme Contact DW/DWS.  I got way more miles out of them than they were warranted for, and they're a nice tire for daily driving and fun driving.

• Moderators

I am a huge fan of pilot sports and ran them on my last Stang, but they aren't popular with the mustang crowd for whatever reason.

I love those tires too, just hate the price tag on them.  Continentals don't seem to get love outside the Euro community either.

• Supporting Member

I love those tires too, just hate the price tag on them. Continentals don't seem to get love outside the Euro community either.

Agreed. I know the cup tires are spendy but typical pilot sports aren't any more than typical nitto tires from what I've found, yet far outperform them in lateral grip and longevity. The conti's are literally one of the only tires I haven't owned lol.

Agreed. I know the cup tires are spendy but typical pilot sports aren't any more than typical nitto tires from what I've found, yet far outperform them in lateral grip and longevity. The conti's are literally one of the only tires I haven't owned lol.

WE get it ...   lol   forums are being screwy today.

• Supporting Member

I think it's been laggy on posting replies, and people might be unknowingly clicking "post" multiple times. I noticed some of my posts took a minute to go through. Seems to be back to normal now.

Not for me. I hit it once, waited, it failed so I hit cancel and suddenly there was the most intelligent post multiplied. I mean, my post..... Not like computers recognize that. Freudian slip... [emoji12]

I think it's been laggy on posting replies, and people might be unknowingly clicking "post" multiple times. I noticed some of my posts took a minute to go through. Seems to be back to normal now.

Not for me. I hit it once, waited, it failed so I hit cancel and suddenly there was the most intelligent post multiplied. I mean, my post..... Not like computers recognize that. Freudian slip... [emoji12]

EDIT case in point this post

• Moderators

Double posted for effect again?

just curios ryan, what width are your rear wheels? 

20x10s.  

yikes, the price tag on those michilens is no joke.  not sure if i want to throw down a grand just on rear tires.  i'm open to other tires, but i'd really like to keep it sub $350/each

• Moderators

20x10s.  

yikes, the price tag on those michilens is no joke.  not sure if i want to throw down a grand just on rear tires.  i'm open to other tires, but i'd really like to keep it sub $350/each

Pirelli P Zeros are about $325 each on Tire Rack.  That's what the coyote came with stock.  Seems to be a good tire in terms of performance, but damn sure doesn't last long.  I've got 23k miles on my car and it's about to get it's second set (dealer put on two new ones and the two old ones have 3-4/32 left).

• Supporting Member

Pirelli P Zeros are about $325 each on Tire Rack. That's what the coyote came with stock. Seems to be a good tire in terms of performance, but damn sure doesn't last long. I've got 23k miles on my car and it's about to get it's second set (dealer put on two new ones and the two old ones have 3-4/32 left).

I would avoid the p zero nero's personally. I have p zero's on the m right now and they are alright. I opted for run flats given I don't want to ruin these wheels ever but not sure if that makes a difference

Pirelli P Zeros are about $325 each on Tire Rack. That's what the coyote came with stock. Seems to be a good tire in terms of performance, but damn sure doesn't last long. I've got 23k miles on my car and it's about to get it's second set (dealer put on two new ones and the two old ones have 3-4/32 left).

I would avoid the p zero nero's personally. I have p zero's on the m right now and they are alright. I opted for run flats given I don't want to ruin these wheels ever but not sure if that makes a difference

• Moderators

I don't have experience with the Neros... I do know I hate run flats lol.

• Supporting Member

I don't have experience with the Neros... I do know I hate run flats lol.

The mustang ones are all season and not the performance version which I why I would personally stay away. Just gotta get the right zero's.

you would never consider going with a 19 in the rear? or maybe ditching the 305 all together and going with a 285-295/30/20? seems like a pretty large tire for a large wheel. i've never seen your car in person but thats some s197 sizing. 

the size of the 305 is perfect for me width wise.  it was just too high.  28.4" tall is way too much, even for most s197's.  Ask troy, we put my wheels/tires on his 12 and it was too big even for that car.

as for different wheel size, i'm not in love with these wheels to begin with so i'm not going to be buying another size in the same wheel.  when i get tired of these, i'll be switching them out completely for something that i like more.  just not in the cards at the moment, have to focus on other things at the moment rather than a few thousand on wheels.