Orlyporlypie

Orly's slowly but surely build thread

So I got this 94 5.0 last year in a trade for an old Toyota pick up. I got the car in pretty bad shape but in high hopes to build the car while still being able to daily drive it. 

Cons:

-suspension was complete crap shocks where toast most bushings dry rotted. 

- car sat for a long time so interior was toast and on top of that was completely filthy and torn. 

- rust in the trunk where most sn95 rust on the corners where the water collects. I'll take pics later to show. 

- motor is burning oil. Has great compression but seems to me I have a stuck oil ring that won't break free. And only burns at high rpm. Have replaced all pcv and still burns like a raped ape. 

- paint is also in bad shape and few dings and scratches here in there. 

- and by far the worst thing about the whole car where the wheels it came with lol. 

Your ur probly thinking this guy got a clunker! But in due time, little by little hopefully it'll start showing its progress. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So that's how it started. Now to show some of the few improvements I've made. 

-Painted the roof due to some surface rust also from sitting for a long time. Just temporary paint till I get around to painting it. Dunno if to keep the bright Atlantic blue or paint black or white. Ahhhh.  

-First I had cut the springs don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing. Good well because our cars are 4x4's and bad well because cut springs on blown shocks is a disaster! 

-shortly after that I purchased a set of bc racing coilovers. Best investment by far!!!!! And now the car can actually stay in a lane over bumpy roads. 

- also got the vertical tail lights. (Sorry)

- painted grey interior black

-installed some newer cloth seats off a v6 but in very good condition and also a black carpet and the interior is 100% better

- also purchased a set of used 17x9 10th anniversary cobra wheels with nitto 275's all around

and now for some pics:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks! The rustoleum vinyl and fabric paint with the adhesive promoter work like a charm. I have an nrg steering wheel to put in the car too, just waiting for my nrg hub adapter i ordered yesterday to get in already. And my future plans would be a simple rebuild with gt40 top end and some boost. Not looking to break any records. Would like to set the car up for autox, road course or maybe some drifting. But being in south Florida. The amount of places to get sideways are scarce. So everyone here is either street racing or....... Yea just street racing lol. 

Thanks guys! For sure the wheels were the biggest improvement lol. Those 20's killed the car. I'm gonna start repairing the rust in the trunk this week so should have something to report soon. And also got some used magnaflow resonators. Might weld those in this week as well. And I really would like to paint the car bab iv just always wanted a black sn95. But the decisions still in the air we'll see. 

meh black is overrated.  it's nice and all, but man i would do BAB since it would be the easiest...and that's coming from a guy who owns all black cars and repainted his mustang black....

You guys are starting to eat my brain. Lol. Also all my friends are telling me to paint it bab as well. I don't have the funds to properly paint it now. So I might "and plz don't flame me" flat black it in the meantime. I love the blacktop and blue bottom so In the future I will paint it bab and paint the roof gloss black. 

dont do the flat black, you'll just have more headaches when you actually go to paint it.   

those v6 seats are so comfy, not great for any type of spirited driving though haha.  i have them in both of mine.

Why does it seem like the drivers side rear tire is so far forward? or jjust an optical illusion from the angle of the pic?

• Supporting Member

I loved my BAB 98 and had to repaint the front end myself. Was the first time I tried my hand at automotive painting and the blue laid nicely. It was somewhat expensive for the base given the amount of metallic in the paint and that its blue, but I have paid more (Comp Orange). Ford UA (Black) would be your cheapest option. 

the ford UA paint code does have brown in it so just be mindful of that.  if you want a true black don't use the ford color.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Prokiller said:

the ford UA paint code does have brown in it so just be mindful of that.  if you want a true black don't use the ford color.

This is true!

On April 8, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Blackmage said:

dont do the flat black, you'll just have more headaches when you actually go to paint it.   

those v6 seats are so comfy, not great for any type of spirited driving though haha.  i have them in both of mine.

Why does it seem like the drivers side rear tire is so far forward? or jjust an optical illusion from the angle of the pic?

Omg your absolutely right they're so comfy I bounce around all over the place lol. And must be a picture illusion lol. I'll take some more pics to confirm lol

Thanks for all the input fellas. I really wanna do the bab, but I have wanted a black sn95 for the longest. I might buy the paint this week along with a cobra front bumper from keystone. On another not I finally got around to doing the exhaust with a friend of mine who helped me weld it up and put it together. Still needs some tweaking but got it sounding amazing!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

there is a number of ways to strip them.  Chemical is probably the easiest but then it can be messy and lots of fumes.  There is always the option of media blasting them and if your going to get them powdered they often do that anyway to ensure its clean and that it has a little tooth on it to help the powder grip.  If you are going for powder I would ask them what they would charge to just strip it for you.