Musturd

Musturds new mystic build up

So 3 weeks ago I was on the Craigslist and came across a 96 mystic cobra ... The owner said the clutch was just done the previous month and a spring had broke he had just had 3k worth of repairs done the previous month ... So I email the kid 3 time to get his number saying I'm coming with cash. I fire the car up and it moves forward and back so I offer the kid 2500 he was asking 3k he immediately said yes so I gave the kid the money and babied it to the shop the clutch only slipped a little bit on the way ... Once I got to my shop I pulled inspection cover the weight on the back of the fork had came off the bolt that holds it on was nowhere to be found ... So I fixed it in 5 mins too it for a drive the clutch was definitely just done and works and grabs hard .. The exhaust was all sorts of broken at the h pipe and cat back which I quickly repaired . Upon visual inspection on the lift at my shop I noticed the oil cooler was leaking so called up ford ordered the o-ring so for $2517 I gotta new daily driver . Once this motor takes a shit I'll end up throwing my boss 302 coyote engine that's been collecting dust for 2 years in my shop lol . I'm not doing anything crazy with this one just want a nice street car AA20CEE6-98C1-4EC5-8AE6-B037A07511C7_zps

C331C789-D750-47F1-8DA1-99B95216E8BB_zps

C11FBD19-8340-4E49-BC29-8A95E06A88B6_zps

What's the mileage on it?  It looks really clean.  Outstanding deal.  I would really struggle with not turning around and flipping that car.

Thanks a lot guys . The paint is actually in great shape there is a couple spots I wanna address someone tried punching the door lock out at one point .at my work we have a full paint and body shop so this winter she'll get some paint work love .... As for Milage it has a 123k miles . Yes it was 2500 Canadian , I thought about flipping it but I've always wanted a cobra and here where I live they're rare as all hell . Thanks for all the love guys 

Ordered up all new exhaust for the car off road h pipe and a flowmaster cat back . Just gotta steeds tri ax short throw as well . Goona do some rear control arms and call thi car done after a stereo I think lol ... Most likely Won't end there though 

13 hours ago, Musturd said:

Ordered up all new exhaust for the car off road h pipe and a flowmaster cat back . Just gotta steeds tri ax short throw as well . Gonna do some rear control arms and call this car done after a stereo I think lol ... Most likely Won't end there though 

You know you want to throw on a set of H&R SS springs while you're at it!;)

Also if not a new set of wheels then how about at least spacers for the rear wheels.  Of course I've always wanted to have the factory Cobra rear wheels widened also.

Great score!  I've loved those Mystics since I was a kid.  My Uncle's buddy had one brand new back then with a Vortech and I was really fascinated with it.  There's a Mystic around here, in terrible shape.  Needs a total repaint at the very least.  Maybe full resto, ha.  It is 20 years old, afterall.  

So I got myself a 04 cobra IRS pretty excited about that . Trying to decide what I wanna do for wheels willing to spend up to 3500-4K. The cars goona be setup more for taking turns . When I bought this car I really realized how nice and fun these things are to drive before you really dig into them . So comfort is on the list along with power she's way too slow ?. I got everything for 1300 Canadian front and rear bilsteins coils and front sway bar and control arms .

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

That's a killer deal on the suspension package.  Very envious.  I'm too deep in my straigh-axle now to turn back but before I was I had looked high and low for a nice, well priced IRS and could never come up with a deal even close to what a lot guys on here are finding.

Where did you find a IRS for that cheap? I hate you... pass the good deals on to me!
Should sell me your old wheels...

Also, if you're looking for work wheels I know a company in Van that can get them for a good price. They were by far the cheapest in NA when I was looking. They stock some of the emotion series, the rest will need to be ordered from Japan and take 4months I believe.

2 hours ago, Orange 94 said:

Where did you find a IRS for that cheap? I hate you... pass the good deals on to me!
Should sell me your old wheels...

Also, if you're looking for work wheels I know a company in Van that can get them for a good price. They were by far the cheapest in NA when I was looking. They stock some of the emotion series, the rest will need to be ordered from Japan and take 4months I believe.

Yea i think I may know the place you're talking about I like vvs xs or whatever they are and meisters are always cool . I found it from a local guy . Rolocut had one for 1400 like a month ago I wanted to buy but this one came up and it was 58kms from my house . I said I wasn't going balls deep with this car but I know I will it's way funnier to drive on the street then yellow unit. Even with 300 less hp lol ?. If I come across a IRS I'll let you know 

4 hours ago, Josh@RideTech said:

I want a mystic so bad!!  

Thanks buddy I want ride tech suspension so bad ?

3 hours ago, Tabres said:

That's a killer deal on the suspension package.  Very envious.  I'm too deep in my straigh-axle now to turn back but before I was I had looked high and low for a nice, well priced IRS and could never come up with a deal even close to what a lot guys on here are finding.

Yea I've always wanted one even for my yellow unit but that cars gone so far in another direction. I drove the mystic on long road trips this year and enjoyed it hell I put like 17,000kms on it 3 months ? 

29 minutes ago, Musturd said:

Yea i think I may know the place you're talking about I like vvs xs or whatever they are and meisters are always cool . I found it from a local guy . Rolocut had one for 1400 like a month ago I wanted to buy but this one came up and it was 58kms from my house . I said I wasn't going balls deep with this car but I know I will it's way funnier to drive on the street then yellow unit. Even with 300 less hp lol ?. If I come across a IRS I'll let you know 

Rev competition? Johnny is hilarious to deal with, a bit FOB lol. Have you looked at MCO? They're nothing too fancy but its their race series, some deep concave would look real nice. Decent prices too, a bit more than emotion series.
Yeah let me know if you come across any good deals in Canada, always looking for parts for both cars.

I like my 04 GT too, it's slow but fun to drive since I don't care about it haha. Hoping we have ice racing here this year so I have a reason to thrash it year round haha

1 hour ago, Orange 94 said:

Rev competition? Johnny is hilarious to deal with, a bit FOB lol. Have you looked at MCO? They're nothing too fancy but its their race series, some deep concave would look real nice. Decent prices too, a bit more than emotion series.
Yeah let me know if you come across any good deals in Canada, always looking for parts for both cars.

I like my 04 GT too, it's slow but fun to drive since I don't care about it haha. Hoping we have ice racing here this year so I have a reason to thrash it year round haha

Im leaning towards some ccws I've always wanted work wheels though . I'm used to fobs over here man in Vancouver the land where we are minorities ?

IMG_0287.JPG