GTTRacing91PGT

Grudge Night Fun

Took the car out for Friday night grudge racing at Maple Grove and got to line up with my brother in law in his 2015 GT. It's been years since I've gotten to go out to the track and his first time ever. We had a blast. Got to take the kids with and they loved it. I apologize in advance for the screaming in the video, they were excited :2thumb:

I got 2 runs in and left satisfied. As I said, it's been YEARS since I've run on the track.

First run I must have launched too high (2500RPMish) or didn't slip it out enough and ended up spinning 1st:

60' ... 2.461

330 ... 6.428

1/8 ... 9.475

MPH ... 80.32

1000 ... 12.013

ET ... 14.125

MPH ... 105.14

Last run I launched lower, around 2000RPM and didn't spin but I feel like I wasn't in my power yet. I think I have to work on slipping the clutch out a bit higher in order to get my 60' time down.

60' ... 2.355

330 ... 6.054

1/8 ... 9.047

MPH ... 81.77

1000 ... 11.548

ET ... 13.645

MPH ... 105.41

So like I said, I left happy. I know my 60' sucks and that's totally on me, but I feel confident the car could pull a good time. I didn't break anything, kids had fun, and I had fun. A good night :D

Edited by GTTRacing91PGT

i imagine it was pretty packed if you only got 2 runs in.  I remember going YEARS ago and you were lucky if you got 4 in.  shame i couldn't make it Corey, would have been nice to at least hang out for a bit.  

5 hours ago, Prokiller said:

i imagine it was pretty packed if you only got 2 runs in.  I remember going YEARS ago and you were lucky if you got 4 in.  shame i couldn't make it Corey, would have been nice to at least hang out for a bit.  

It was actually very empty for most of the night because of the heat. Unfortunately someone must have broke shortly before I got there at 5:30, and drug oil all the way down the track. They started back up about 7:45, and I left around 9:00 after my second run. I could have gotten tons of runs in between 5:30 and 7:45 if they were running. By the time they started it cooled off and the track filled up. Oh well, it happens I guess.