95riosnake

I'd hoped to never have to make this announcement. (PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT))

2 minutes ago, Lanter said:

You can sign me up to be a supporting member as well.  Hell I have gained more tech advice and viewed more crazy build threads that have given me more and more ideas than I ever did with my MMFF magazine subscription and the price would be about the same.

There is a lot of back end stuff I am still setting up but once it's all squared away the packages will become available for purchase in our store (just another feature we have that we aren't using to the fullest potential.)  Thank you for the support!

Just now, Bullitt said:

There is a lot of back end stuff I am still setting up but once it's all squared away the packages will become available for purchase in our store (just another feature we have that we aren't using to the fullest potential.)  Thank you for the support!

I honestly didn't know there was a site store here.  Perhaps when the funds and all get squared away to keep everything going and the stress a lot of you guys are feeling subsides shirts and other merchandise could available for purchase.  I have the sn95source MW shirt from a year ago and I love it and would be willing to pay for another source shirt.  Maybe a stream of extra income for the site if someone could throw out designs, I know I'm not the only member that would buy shirts to both help out and rock at car shows.  

3 minutes ago, Josh@RideTech said:

Guys, I'm more than happy to talk to my higher ups about contributing more as a supporting vendor.  I know that when we had originally signed up the price wasn't much.  Get with me, I'd like to see this site continue.  There are too many good people on here, not to mention the knowledge, to shut it down.  @95riosnake @tony @Bullitt

Ha beat me to it.  This is by far my favorite forum.  Like Josh said there is to much knowledge here to shut it down.  Almost everyone here is willing to help answer others questions or help them track down parts and pieces that they need.    We will definitely push the powers that be to allow us to contribute more as a site vendor.

4 minutes ago, Lanter said:

I honestly didn't know there was a site store here.  Perhaps when the funds and all get squared away to keep everything going and the stress a lot of you guys are feeling subsides shirts and other merchandise could available for purchase.  I have the sn95source MW shirt from a year ago and I love it and would be willing to pay for another source shirt.  Maybe a stream of extra income for the site if someone could throw out designs, I know I'm not the only member that would buy shirts to both help out and rock at car shows.  

It's a feature that we don't utilize fully at the moment.  With the site up in the air for the past 6 months or so I didn't think it was wise to start something like that just to turn around and shut it down. There is a lot of back end coding for payments and such plus I need to figure out any legal mumbo jumbo involved in it all.  I hate legal mumbo jumbo.

4 minutes ago, RideTech_Ryan said:

Ha beat me to it.  This is by far my favorite forum.  Like Josh said there is to much knowledge here to shut it down.  Almost everyone here is willing to help answer others questions or help them track down parts and pieces that they need.    We will definitely push the powers that be to allow us to contribute more as a site vendor.

thanks man.

I'm happy to announce that with the support of a few plus what we had left in the account we are officially good for 1 more month.  I am already working on stepping our plan down one until the time should it ever come that we need to re upgrade to a higher level.  Thank you to those that made this possible and we will work on getting everything finalized to as not put the fear of doors closing in your minds again.

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 2.50.13 PM.png

I'd like to set up a recurring payment of a few bucks on a monthly basis. I like this forum lot of nice and knowledgeable people on here and I've met a couple of you already. Let me know how I might be able to do that.

13 hours ago, busta said:

I'd like to set up a recurring payment of a few bucks on a monthly basis. I like this forum lot of nice and knowledgeable people on here and I've met a couple of you already. Let me know how I might be able to do that.

I can maybe figure something like that out as a payment option.  

On a more sad note.  I woke up to my cat passed away in his litter box this morning so needless to say my mind is all scattered as he was no more than 5 or 6 years old.  I have a ton of work here to do and quite honestly I just want to bury myself in it to try to help take my mind off of things.  The sites good for another month, our request to be brought down a package was approved and next month on the bill drops by almost half so once I can get past this latest loss I'll get to hammering out all the behind the scene shit to get our system sell sufficient.

3 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I can maybe figure something like that out as a payment option.  

On a more sad note.  I woke up to my cat passed away in his litter box this morning so needless to say my mind is all scattered as he was no more than 5 or 6 years old.  I have a ton of work here to do and quite honestly I just want to bury myself in it to try to help take my mind off of things.  The sites good for another month, our request to be brought down a package was approved and next month on the bill drops by almost half so once I can get past this latest loss I'll get to hammering out all the behind the scene shit to get our system sell sufficient.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that!!! Anything you need man let us know.. I put my dog of 15 years down in June. Hardest thing I've ever done it really felt like losing family.

I want to see the site continue for a long time!  It's full of great people and absolutely awesome rides.  It would be a shame to lose all the information and plain badassness of this site. 

I have the most posts here on this forum than on any other forum I'm on.  The post count here eclipses the other forums by 1000, including the ones I've been since '99-2000.

I would have no problem with a yearly payment to be a supporting member.  And if shirts or stickers ever became available I would get some of them too.

One of the airbrush forums I was on just closed down earlier this year.  I was a supporting member and even won a custom airbrush in their monthly giveaway. 

Count me in for donating to keep to lights on.  I have no problem pitching in $25.

I do have to apologize to everyone that I don't have the free time available to help out with the upgrades and patches and back-end IT needs.  Some of you may be aware that is what I do for a living (Well, I'm a developer but I admin some virtual servers we have for a few of our code bases).  I just have way too much stuff going on at the moment to commit to that and have people relying on me for it :(

On a humorous note - for the love of God, this place has to stay open.  SN95Forums is cool but it doesn't have the same feel to me and I can NOT deal with the idiocy at SVTPerformance...

Edited by Tabres

On 8/12/2016 at 0:36 AM, RedTwilight said:

I want to see the site continue for a long time!  It's full of great people and absolutely awesome rides.  It would be a shame to lose all the information and plain badassness of this site. 

I have the most posts here on this forum than on any other forum I'm on.  The post count here eclipses the other forums by 1000, including the ones I've been since '99-2000.

I would have no problem with a yearly payment to be a supporting member.  And if shirts or stickers ever became available I would get some of them too.

One of the airbrush forums I was on just closed down earlier this year.  I was a supporting member and even won a custom airbrush in their monthly giveaway. 

On 8/12/2016 at 11:08 AM, Tabres said:

Count me in for donating to keep to lights on.  I have no problem pitching in $25.

I do have to apologize to everyone that I don't have the free time available to help out with the upgrades and patches and back-end IT needs.  Some of you may be aware that is what I do for a living (Well, I'm a developer but I admin some virtual servers we have for a few of our code bases).  I just have way too much stuff going on at the moment to commit to that and have people relying on me for it :(

On a humorous note - for the love of God, this place has to stay open.  SN95Forums is cool but it doesn't have the same feel to me and I can NOT deal with the idiocy at SVTPerformance...

I appreciate it guys, once Steve gets the subscription/membership stuff setup we will let you guys know. And don't worry, it seems that we will be good to go now!

I need one test subject willing to make a paypal purchase to test the new store feature for purchasing a supporting membership package.  First to reply will get a PM with instructions.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

I need one test subject willing to make a paypal purchase to test the new store feature for purchasing a supporting membership package.  First to reply will get a PM with instructions.

PM me.

Well it's happening again.  Those that purchased a Supporting Member package has gotten us to this point, but I am afraid we are depleted yet again.  I'm in the middle of some family matters and just don't have the funds to personally see this through anymore, so I'm afraid that once our current month is up (the 13th) the site will be down due to the lack of funds.  We did not have any sponsors renew so those were a large part in us staying alive.  I hate to say it but I think the Social war has us on our asses.  If something comes up that allows me to save us for another month I will do what I can but as of right now I am in the middle of something that I just can't sacrifice any kind of financial funding for.  Outside of selling to the boys up north, I am out of options.

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Well it's happening again.  Those that purchased a Supporting Member package has gotten us to this point, but I am afraid we are depleted yet again.  I'm in the middle of some family matters and just don't have the funds to personally see this through anymore, so I'm afraid that once our current month is up (the 13th) the site will be down due to the lack of funds.  We did not have any sponsors renew so those were a large part in us staying alive.  I hate to say it but I think the Social war has us on our asses.  If something comes up that allows me to save us for another month I will do what I can but as of right now I am in the middle of something that I just can't sacrifice any kind of financial funding for.  Outside of selling to the boys up north, I am out of options.

When you say "renew",  what are you meaning?  I just want to make sure that you got our payment.  I know it came out of the account so I hope you got it :unsure:.  I don't know if there's anything else I can help with but let me know if you have any ideas.

@Bullitt

2 hours ago, Josh@RideTech said:

When you say "renew",  what are you meaning?  I just want to make sure that you got our payment.  I know it came out of the account so I hope you got it :unsure:.  I don't know if there's anything else I can help with but let me know if you have any ideas.

@Bullitt

Josh, renew as it renewing your sponsorship for another year.  Your original payment was made on Mar 24 2015.  No other payment was received after that.  

2 hours ago, RedTwilight said:

Is there anything else that us members can do?

Will some donations help or is the number just too much to reach from us alone?

I wish it were that simple.  If the activity was what it once was for forums, I would have no doubt that we could stay alive, but the cost to run this site a year would need either a handful of sponsors or someone with disposable income that could take on the monthly cost.  I wish I could do it but I'm in the middle of something that has chewed up my disposable income for the time being and more than likely will continue to for a while.  Dan bought a house and just based off his bathroom renovation and his plans for his house his disposable income is tied up. Bryan is off doing his thing with the V so we know he's busy with his own thing.   

I'll be honest.  This site owned by someone else would look to just turn it over and make a quick buck off of it.  Me I never started this site to make money, proof in that is how much I've put out of my own over the years as well as making Bryan and Dan equal partners in the site.  I started this site to give us a place to hang out and talk about cars and life in general with out the BS or at least less of it then most places or certainly Facebook has.  I would have no issues handing over the keys and rights to someone that I knew would hold the same values.   If someone wanted to keep this alive and knew enough to keep it running and alive that would thrill me more than a payday from selling it.

I understand the situation.
I wish I could afford it and knew how to properly run a site.  I'd love to see the site continue forward and I will continue to support it for however long it is around. 

9 hours ago, RideTech_Ryan said:

If the end does come what other forum do most frequent?  It would still be nice to follow up on peoples builds and to stay in touch.

I was wondering the same.

Damn guys :(

I know what you are going through. It's not easy keeping a forum active especially with Facebook and IG being so easy on your phone.

If for some reason you do close then the SN community will lose some awesome tech and insane build threads. 

You all are always welcome back at the old forum, even if just to preserve your build threads. 

22 hours ago, RideTech_Ryan said:

If the end does come what other forum do most frequent?  It would still be nice to follow up on peoples builds and to stay in touch.

What he said. Where does everyone recommend?

Hate to see a lose a part of the sn95 community.

Would definitely love to still keep up with builds and members from here if it does indeed close. Don't mean to plug, but like droptoppony said SN95Forums would welcome new and old members with open arms. I don't know really know the history of the two forums, but whatever the reasoning things have since changed. Would love to see the sn95 community unit and grow.

Guys it really means a lot that you guys have that kind of love for this place.  If you guys want to at least extend this out another month while we try to find a way to maybe pass it on or another way to keep it running there is always the donation function in the Store tab up top or on the front page.  $45 is all it would take.  If not, then it will auto close tomorrow until further notice.  The really bummer for me is that our 5 year mark is next month.  Not a bad run for a place that just wanted to set it self apart from the rest.

Literally have $23.63 in my bank account right now and put $10.00 towards the $45.00.  Wish payroll would go in immediately or this would be paid.  

• Supporting Member

Haven't logged in for what feels like months, or years. Saw this as first topic. Hope this helps. $25 donation and only two small asks. If that makes me a donating member, great. The other, Tony must always keep a spoiler on his Mustangs. ALFUCKINGWAYS.

Donation.png

Edited by fiveohwblow