RassCar

99 vs 03 Cobra IRS sway bar

About a month ago I bought a 03 cobra IRS cradle and sway bar. I've also recently acquired a 99 cobra with complete IRS. Does anyone know if the 03 sway bar is thicker and a potential upgrade candidate?

Found the answer myself. On the Ford parts website the 99 Cobra rear sway bar is listed as 25mm and the 03 Cobra sway bar is 26mm. Kinda feeling it wouldn't be worth the time to install it. LMR had a nice info page for sway bar thickness on various years/models but some of the info is incorrect. They listed 99/01 cobras as having a 36mm rear sway bar, which is absolutely incorrect.

On 12/1/2016 at 7:20 PM, RassCar said:

Found the answer myself. On the Ford parts website the 99 Cobra rear sway bar is listed as 25mm and the 03 Cobra sway bar is 26mm. Kinda feeling it wouldn't be worth the time to install it. LMR had a nice info page for sway bar thickness on various years/models but some of the info is incorrect. They listed 99/01 cobras as having a 36mm rear sway bar, which is absolutely incorrect.

For a 1mm difference, I'd stick with what you have.  Haha, even if it were available, I'm thinking a 36mm might be a little crazy for the rear of those cars.