Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Well here ya go Morton! lol here's some tear down pictures, was planning on getting more done tomorrow, but going to occupy the gf instead.

Blocked off the intake ports so I don't drop more things down there (dropped a washer but luckily a magnet fished it out =D) Already got upper intake, alternator, intake tube, valvecovers etc. off.

2012-11-05_16-29-27_99.jpg

Found a little bit of condensation in my throttle body, guess that's what happen when it gets down to freezing at night and warms up in the day?

2012-11-05_14-59-23_358.jpg

Some more pictures of where I started documenting, I really gotta stop shaking when I take pictures lol

2012-11-05_16-29-34_308.jpg

Hey, I stopped shaking for a picture!

2012-11-05_16-29-45_198.jpg

Wire going to my Coil that needs to be replaced. The first connection by my pinky is two wires going into one -__-

2012-11-05_16-31-01_274.jpg

This is the genius wiring of the previous owner tapping power for the tach -__-

2012-11-05_16-30-46_967.jpg

Andddd this is the mess of wires that will be reloomed and cleaned up. Included are injector harnesses, coil harnesses, and other assorted things that run down the front of my engine =]

2012-11-05_16-51-39_439.jpg

The previous owner of my car did some.. ..well "Interesting" things to my car too as well...

...and he sure didn't take his time when he worked on my car, alot of what he did just looked like it had to be done cheap and quick, some of my wires looked alot like the ones in your car too..pretty much just wiggled around eachother and then wraped in electrical tape (and not the right kind).

Made some more progress today! Not as much as I would of liked, but kept on getting interrupted with annoying phone calls.....

Onto the works!

Removed Power Steering pump and removed driver side accessory bracket

2012-11-07_15-48-30_392.jpg

2012-11-07_15-48-41_677.jpg

Removed passenger side accessory bracket, Probably going to try emptying out the smog pump so it will basically just be an eliminator pulley =D

2012-11-07_16-02-52_18.jpg

Pulled lower intake finally, odd milky pcv area :shrugs: anyone care to shed some advice?

2012-11-07_17-27-20_847.jpg

2012-11-07_19-41-40_14.jpg

AND biggest progress, cleared out some room in the garage for the mustang =D No outside winter this year! Mattress was used as a barrier between roof and hood, relax people =D

2012-11-07_19-24-03_395.jpg

Well that was basically all for today. I removed all the head bolts so tomorrow I can yank the heads and start working on the valve springs! Nervous/excited to get done already haha

thanks sugar tits! Gotta get it ready for my trip to Flo-Rida ;] My buddy down there just broke the fuck outta his humerous so I probably will end up coming down sometime over winter!

ha metal plate and 9 screws later....it's back in "one" piece!

Today is just annoying -__- Got my heads pulled off, looks much dirtier than when I put the heads on, from running rich? idk.

2012-11-10_10-51-23_427.jpg

2012-11-10_10-51-34_808.jpg

2012-11-10_11-00-58_966.jpg

2012-11-10_11-01-07_646.jpg

2012-11-10_11-01-14_756.jpg

2012-11-10_11-01-23_10.jpg

Went to start playing with the heads, but the damn spring compressor isnt working! The springs have like 3 layers of springs?! Beats me, but when the outer spring is compressed, I can still see another spring that isn't being compressed. I think i'm going to have to get one of the clamp style valve spring compressors or the ones that you attach to your rocker arms and muscle off.

2012-11-10_11-06-07_394.jpg

2012-11-10_11-06-13_712.jpg

Well I'm going to say it and I'm probably going to get flamed but it's fine. I don't really love my wheels =\ dunno what it is but I'm not in love with them like I used to be. I just don't think I can think of anything else that i'd rather run on my car. :shrugs:

Well I'm going to say it and I'm probably going to get flamed but it's fine. I don't really love my wheels =\ dunno what it is but I'm not in love with them like I used to be. I just don't think I can think of anything else that i'd rather run on my car. :shrugs:

Powder coat them a different color , and powder coat the lip of the wheel a different color too .

Me needz donations... ...consider it foreign aid ...you will go to heaven, you are doing the right thing.. blah blah blah ...just fucking give them to me! :D

Edited by MMR

DSC00901.jpg

homer_drool_1.gif

attachment.php?s=&postid=7223030

:emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery::emot-fappery:

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3551211&stc=1&d=1311108392

Bro, go read my post in the other thread. Stop thinking about changing your wheels. Your crazy to want to. They MAKE your car. Your going to take the car from the level it's at now and bring it down if you change them. That's just me. I've always thought your car was going in the right direction. Don't mess that up now!

I got the pleasure of using a valve spring compressor a few years back, needed to replace the valve seals in the heads on my old 302. Had to use the old trick of pressurizing the cylinder with an air compressor to hold the valves up while I took the rockers and springs off to replace the seals. That was a miserable day.

man I wish that was my only problem =[ Here's a sum up of how it's gone for me

-Rent tool from autozone (overhead compressor)

-pull heads off car

-compress springs

-inner springs retain tension, valve retainer won't unseat from the clips

-give up

-Go to sears

-pick up c clamp compressor

-Get one valve spring removed

-remaining valve spring retainer clips wont unseat from retainer

-get frustrated

-give up

Finally got enough valve springs off to measure and order some new ones! Whoooot! taking my heads now to get the rest of the taken off. I normally love doing things myself but at the rate i was going ( one every other week or so) it was a thousand times more economical to bite the bulllet and have a shop do them =D

man I wish that was my only problem =[ Here's a sum up of how it's gone for me

-Rent tool from autozone (overhead compressor)

-pull heads off car

-compress springs

-inner springs retain tension, valve retainer won't unseat from the clips

-give up

-Go to sears

-pick up c clamp compressor

-Get one valve spring removed

-remaining valve spring retainer clips wont unseat from retainer

-get frustrated

-give up

Finally got enough valve springs off to measure and order some new ones! Whoooot! taking my heads now to get the rest of the taken off. I normally love doing things myself but at the rate i was going ( one every other week or so) it was a thousand times more economical to bite the bulllet and have a shop do them =D

Pretty much exactly how I would of went about it lol