Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Something let go in the motor yesterday. Picking up the car this evening and bringing it back home. Conveniently broke around the block from my gf's house who's dad is also my tuner. Let him listen briefly and he thinks it sounds camshaft or timing related. Sheared dizzy gear? Blown out timing chain? We'll see soon

Ugh, from what you're describing it does kind of sound like what happened to mine prior. You're just no losing oil pressure like I was.

What happened to yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does it seem like every time we put a engine in one of our cars it's always breaks the first time and has to be built a second time to be right? I mean mine @Steve-Oh @smallblocksn95 possibly @Det_Riot I guess we all need to plan on building new engines twice haha.

Damn, that sucks! At least we're going into winter and you don't lose the car for the summer

Yeah, as long as it isn't something major it shouldn't be too bad. I wanted to make sure all the valve seals and seats were good on the heads anyways, now I'm just forced to pull it out.

Ugh, from what you're describing it does kind of sound like what happened to mine prior.  You're just no losing oil pressure like I was. 

Well hopefully if it is what happened to yours prior, I caught it before it did any super major damage. What was the final list of things that needed to be repaired on yours?

Why does it seem like every time we put a engine in one of our cars it's always breaks the first time and has to be built a second time to be right? I mean mine @Steve-Oh @smallblocksn95 possibly @Det_Riot I guess we all need to plan on building new engines twice haha.

This isn't just an engine, that's like the story of everything that I do to my car :'0 

I really hope I don't hop in the same boat with you guys.  

Well hopefully if it is what happened to yours prior, I caught it before it did any super major damage. What was the final list of things that needed to be repaired on yours?

Mine ended up being a "metallurgy" problem with the cam was the final outcome.   Ford disassembled, cleaned and replaced rings, bearing and the camshaft.  Everything else was in good order so they just cleaned and reassembled.  Hoepfully you do not need to do any of this.  The only way to really confirm is to pull the dizzy and inspect.  Use the crank to rotate the cam so you can check.  If everything is in the clear, time to start other troubleshooting.  

That really blows Bryan, I know you're probably about at your limit with the car but I'd just take my time and get it back up and running over the winter. I doubt you'll be into major engine work, but even if so, time to build it to the moon for that monster snail.

Yeah I picked it up yesterday and its going to sit on the trailer for a while:

8d0c9552425d96ee89cfc1c7b9945990.jpg

Didn't even bother trying to look at the dizzy to see if that was it. Honestly don't even care at this point. Supposed to be closing on my housing mid November so until then, the car will sit on the trailer. No use in unloading it, pushing it up the driveway, just to reload it, and go get the trailer, etc, etc, etc, in like 3 weeks

Yeah I picked it up yesterday and its going to sit on the trailer for a while:

8d0c9552425d96ee89cfc1c7b9945990.jpg

Didn't even bother trying to look at the dizzy to see if that was it. Honestly don't even care at this point. Supposed to be closing on my housing mid November so until then, the car will sit on the trailer. No use in unloading it, pushing it up the driveway, just to reload it, and go get the trailer, etc, etc, etc, in like 3 weeks

Trailer Queen!  :P  ;)

I knew what you were trying to say!  My notch was like that for the longest time with the rear end.  Now it may be like that for the Cobra.  Might have a head gasket leaking.  Losing coolant but can't locate wear it's coming from.

I know your car is sick and you're probably upset with it and all that, but it looks kick ass in that picture.  The whole setup.  I always like seeing a sweet truck/trailer/car setup.  Best of luck when you decide to dive into the car though.  Until then it's just a big guessing game with what the problem is.  Good luck with the house as well!

So did I catch that you're buying a house? Not sure what you meant by housing.

Good luck, when you buy a house, the car will be the last thing you have time to work on for a while lol... ask me how I know...

I knew what you were trying to say! My notch was like that for the longest time with the rear end. Now it may be like that for the Cobra. Might have a head gasket leaking. Losing coolant but can't locate wear it's coming from.

Ugh, hopefully it's something stupid like a heater core! That'd be inconveniently convenient!

I know your car is sick and you're probably upset with it and all that, but it looks kick ass in that picture. The whole setup. I always like seeing a sweet truck/trailer/car setup. Best of luck when you decide to dive into the car though. Until then it's just a big guessing game with what the problem is. Good luck with the house as well!

Haha thanks Blaise! It's just an annoyance when I'm trying to move the build forward with the turbo, I'm pulled back 3 steps with the motor -__- and thanks on the house! Still gotta go through appraisal and everything on the bank side so it isn't set in stone yet.

So did I catch that you're buying a house? Not sure what you meant by housing.

Good luck, when you buy a house, the car will be the last thing you have time to work on for a while lol... ask me how I know...

Haha yupp you caught that correctly! Tentative closing is November 17th, so I probably won't even touch the car until after Christmas lol

You bought a house?!?!

Welcome to being a true homo......................wner!!!! Lol

In all realness that's awesome!!! I'm sure your parents will be happy as well.

You got any pics of the new dungeon?!?!??

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Thanks brogan! They're neither here nor there haha weren't kicking me out but I'm ready to move on and go! Still going through mortgage application/bank appraisal yadda yadda yadda so once that's all set in stone I'll throw together a build thread for it

the big question of the house is....how big is the garage?

Lol currently 24x24. Only 576 sqft but I'm thinking about popping it another 6' out the back for the work benches and everything, giving me another 144sqft so the original 576 is basically shop floor with

I'm not sure i'd leave it on a trailer unless it's in a building. Over the years, I've know of plenty of stolen trailers with cars in them in the metro area. 

Be safe. An hour to push a car into a garage is nothing compared to searching for a car and a trailer that went missing!

Good luck with everything, just looking out.

I'm not sure i'd leave it on a trailer unless it's in a building. Over the years, I've know of plenty of stolen trailers with cars in them in the metro area.

Be safe. An hour to push a car into a garage is nothing compared to searching for a car and a trailer that went missing!

Good luck with everything, just looking out.

Thanks for the heads up. Assuming you're local to the area?

I think I might take a trip to detroit and get myself a fuel system and some export mirrors. I hear there are some on a trailer somewhere.

Lol the civil way would be to come to my house where 80% if the fuel system and the extra set of export mirrors are

just read the whole thread. cant believe i never seen your car locally. great build man. 

in the first 10% of the article you already had svo skirts and borla tips so i figured it was worth a read lol. no idea how you find ANYTHING up here worth messing with.

year 3 of my mustang search, apparently some came with gold bricks in the trunk, but only the somewhat clean ones

again great build man, love the title

just read the whole thread. cant believe i never seen your car locally. great build man.

in the first 10% of the article you already had svo skirts and borla tips so i figured it was worth a read lol. no idea how you find ANYTHING up here worth messing with.

year 3 of my mustang search, apparently some came with gold bricks in the trunk, but only the somewhat clean ones

again great build man, love the title

Lol thanks dude! Probably haven't seen it because the past few years its barely made it out much. Since about '13 its been getting built more than its been driven. Where are you local too? Are you on here bro? (Woodward page joke if you're on it)

A lot of my car was built before this thread started so that's why there was so much action at the too end @Infinite_one hah my car is actually a Florida car brought up from my uncle. was bone stock when I got it

and yeah ya really dont wanna leave it on the trailer just fyi lol

Cars off the trailer and getting neglilected and collecting dust in a garage now haha post-6-145219612184_thumb.jpg

im close to detroit, i have a house in taylor and a flat in wyandotte. im on telegraph and woodward pages but dont follow them anymore. im still on FB. I havent built anything since i sold my lightning 3 years ago except work on my camaro and my gtp that i already had/have. 

just cant find the stang that hasnt been a rape victim. im tired of getting cars and trying to figure out what 7 owners tried doing to the damn thing lol 

im jealous of just a space to put your cars, my garage is so full in taylor, im paying 3 neighbors to use their garage lol

im close to detroit, i have a house in taylor and a flat in wyandotte. im on telegraph and woodward pages but dont follow them anymore. im still on FB. I havent built anything since i sold my lightning 3 years ago except work on my camaro and my gtp that i already had/have.

just cant find the stang that hasnt been a rape victim. im tired of getting cars and trying to figure out what 7 owners tried doing to the damn thing lol

im jealous of just a space to put your cars, my garage is so full in taylor, im paying 3 neighbors to use their garage lol

Ahh gotcha, yea that was a huge appeal to getting a house was finally having somewhere to store my car. I can't say I know anyone selling a clean SN but I do know of a real clean 07 gt for sale right now if you're interested!

94-04 is what im in love with.

if i cant find one of those ill snatch a 07-12 gt500 or 98-02 viper gts. id leave those cars alone. buying a car that i actually want more (specifically a mach) and having wiggle room to make it "mine" right away. 

I see on your builds here you guys waste no time in getting starting, thats more the less what i want to do. with the latter 2 cars ill get bored pretty quick having something too costly to modify