Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

video does it very little justice. that car is LOUD! and that is coming form a guy with slp's! it sounds awesome in person. what are you selling brian the side skirts? i have a buddy that was talking about going side outs on his but i have not talked to him in a while.

I my opinion, polishing the calipers would look bad with everything you have going on. You have teal paint with dark charcoal wheels and then just randomly have a polished caliper? Just seems like it would clash, especially if you paint the bracket teal.

ah, you sold the borlas we put on there and threw the flows back on ay? didnt like em or were they scraping?

Lol nooo. I sold those spintechs we used for the flanges. Mufflers are still on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I my opinion, polishing the calipers would look bad with everything you have going on. You have teal paint with dark charcoal wheels and then just randomly have a polished caliper? Just seems like it would clash, especially if you paint the bracket teal.

Yah I thought about that. I've got a plan so hopefully it'll turn out well!

hahah good try harley, you got a bumncha people ahead of you!

As for the car update: will be ordering my cobra brakes tonight/tomorrow, depends on with the guy off of corral decides to pm me his paypal addy! Going to be into the swap a total of $450 for fronts AND rears =]

Nice!

Side note, a corolla at work has BBS RK's. I almost cried when I saw it today.....like....you don't even know what you have...lmao ;p

=[ did you steal them?

If they are still there when I leave I will!!

(I get there way before them)

Lol just leave them a note that says hey interested in your wheels, call me

Pics from previous owner!

7696866472_9ed895cf02_b.jpg

I told him not to worry about getting the rest off because they'll be sandblasted before powdercoating anyways!

7696865826_ea0fbe6f37_b.jpg

Edited by Det_Riot

One package came today.......the other is apparently mia?! WTF USPS!!!! If it doesn't get here today or Monday. Someone is getting to be getting a serious bitching out!

Did you take the calipers apart yourself or are they doing it? When I mean apart I mean the pistons and seals.

Yes sir! lol here ya god, I made another thread about it in the how to section:

1. Remove caliper from car

2. Place something in the caliper opening to stop the pistons from becoming a projectile. Here I used an old piece of thick rubber hose.

3. Using an air compressor and rubber nipple, insert the nipple into the opening where the brake line connects to and hit it with air until one of the pistons pop out. (see vid)

4. Here you can see I replaced the rubber hose with a roll of tape. This was to keep the seal on the upper piston so that the lower piston will also dislodge.

5. Hold the air into until both pistons pop out an equal length.

6. Replace the rubber hose again once both pistons are dislodged an equal amount on the tape roll.

7. Hit the caliper again with the compressed air so that they will dislodge fully.

8. Remove pistons and pull out seals.

yah i was gonna do my rears too, but that looks terrifying from the guide i just found online... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/suspension-modifications-211/765554-complete-teardown-re-assembly-rear-calipers-w-integrated-parking-brake.html

It would be nice to know how to do. I had both of my rears over extend and the calipers wouldn't go back in bent 2 c-clamps trying to get them back in.
There is a tool you can rent from the local auto parts store that represses the pistons back in for the rears.