95whitegt

Trans swap question. 97 to 97 auto lost key while car was apart.

Swapped out a trans from a parts car into my sons 97 GT. He lost the key and we installed one from AM not thinking about the chip. We have that issue worked out hopefully but here is my question.  Even with the pats system tripped, shouldn't we still be able to shift the car into neutral and roll it?? The shifter moves as does the linkage but doesn't seem to come out of park no matter where we put it. I hate autos and have only swapped a few but I can't think of anything we missed or did wrong. I could be mistaken though. My guess would be the pats being its an electronic shifting trans maybe?????

Edited by 95whitegt
Needed more details

I feel dumb as hell. The trans shifts like it is supposed to but the car was still in the air and apparently the brakes were holding everything tight. I was trying to turn the wheels by hand and just didnt have enough ass to move them. To those who wasted time reading this post I apologise.  

Edited by 95whitegt

16 hours ago, 95whitegt said:

I feel dumb as hell. The trans shifts like it is supposed to but the car was still in the air and apparently the brakes were holding everything tight. I was trying to turn the wheels by hand and just didnt have enough ass to move them. To those who wasted time reading this post I apologise.  

we've all been there.  spend hours racking your brain as to why somethings not working and realizing you forgot something sooo stupid.  i remember i was trying to move my car and for some reason.  i'm pushing on the car like mad, triple checked i had the parking brake off and not in gear....forgot to take out the 2x4 i had under the tire...<_<