95whitegt

Oil pressure

Wife has a 96 Cobra. Car runs great until yesterday.  She saw smoke from under the hood and saw the oil pressure gauge at dead cut it off. I replaced what seemed to be a bad sending unit, filled It with oil being it lost all oil. Ran the car for a min to check everything.  Thank god she saved the motor but it's now leaking from the oil filter housing gasket. Not to the point of spraying oil but a very steady fast drip. I think the issue is in the pcv valve locked up and building more pressure than a 200k motor can handle but that's just my theory. Any suggestions? ????????

the oil coolers are known to leak, so you're going to want to repair that right off the bat.  PCV valves are cheap and easy to replace, might as well change that out too.  

I'm waiting on the repair kit to show up as we speak. Was told it was ordered a week ago but they should have been here by now. Could I temporarily use the filter housing off the spare 2v motor I have and bypass the coolant hose? Its a daily driven car and need to get it going asap. 

Well I'm going to attempt it tomorrow and if it works ill post it up. Again its only a temporary solution. But the gaskets look identical for the part that bolts to the block so it just might work. 

The oil filter housing gasket and cooler are identical.  They will transfer.  The 2V is out of a 97 GT. The torn apart cooler is from the 96 Cobra the complete unit from the 97 2V.

1495304874483762761000.jpg

Must have gotten luckey then I guess. All I know is the spare 2v motor came out of a 97 vert auto. Car showed 123 k on the clock but apparently trans was recent rebuild and the motor is a jasper replacement. We bought it wrecked for the trans  but kept the motor. Worked out good then I guess.