b.mad@MaddRetros

The Madd Motorsports POS

9 minutes ago, ttocs said:

so your considering a fender flare?  Also did you give away the cruise control buttons?  Mine were jacked up when my air bag went off.

Nope. cutting the fenders. Still have them. Need them?  Email me (br.mad.94@gmail.com) or PM on facebook. 

Edited by b.mad

Just now, b.mad said:

Nope. cutting the fenders. Still have them. Need them? 

cutting fenders?

Yes I do need the cruise buttons.  I had billet covers on them that when the air bag went off it ripped them and the mounts that hold them right off.  After some thought I don't like the idea of my airbag being a claymore....  I will send a pm.

10 minutes ago, ttocs said:

cutting fenders?

Yes I do need the cruise buttons.  I had billet covers on them that when the air bag went off it ripped them and the mounts that hold them right off.  After some thought I don't like the idea of my airbag being a claymore....  I will send a pm.

I have an air bag too if you like being blown on your face...

Ya, the "real wide body". Basically cut a line through the fender and quarter panels, pull the metal and fill in with more metal

• Like 1

Just a few more updates. I removed the stickers from my car :O. Removed my plastic ducting in front of the radiator, as well as the oil cooler fans. 

23540961748_aca4e5da7c_z.jpg36722902043_6be63f2455_z.jpg

Bought some spindles off a 2000 GT with a bolt through bumpsteer, and ARP studs

36684101364_2db98bed33.jpg36684101904_a4766d3d70_z.jpg 36684103504_7cde02d13a.jpg

Got a text from Carbon Driven that the carbon fiber cluster bezels are ready! He saved me one. God its soo nice. They are sold out now :/. Picked up an oil temp gauge too from Marshall Instruments. A friend introduced me to one of the owners of Black Widow Exhaust! So I will be replacing the Magnapacks with some Widowmakers.

Edited by b.mad

Secured a Tech Sponsorship with Setrab USA!! Woo! Going to do a full installation on a new product that they released for use in High Performance Steering applications, i.e. power steering. The installation will be featured on my new blog site, so you might want to bookmark it ;)

https://maddmotorsportsdesign.blog

Very interested to see the Setrab goodies. Their stuff is top notch.

Also amazed you got a text from Rob at CD. I've been ignored by them for 4 years now about the console gauge pod I sent him that he wanted to possibly offer as a product and in return, carbon wrap it for me and hook me up with one of the production versions he was coming up with. I've attempted contacting them many times about getting it back from them with no success. I'm sure it is long gone, I've fully accepted that I will have to buy a new cupholder insert and build a new one. Regardless, my relationship with CD was over a while ago because of their handling of the issue.

9 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

Very interested to see the Setrab goodies. Their stuff is top notch.

Also amazed you got a text from Rob at CD. I've been ignored by them for 4 years now about the console gauge pod I sent him that he wanted to possibly offer as a product and in return, carbon wrap it for me and hook me up with one of the production versions he was coming up with. I've attempted contacting them many times about getting it back from them with no success. I'm sure it is long gone, I've fully accepted that I will have to buy a new cupholder insert and build a new one. Regardless, my relationship with CD was over a while ago because of their handling of the issue.

I am surprised that they offered! I accepted that quickly!

As far as CD, I read your thread when I came onto the site. I prefer to stay neutral in it and rather not involve myself. :/ 

4 hours ago, ttocs said:

I could not support a place that just stops communicating with someone that sends it something for fear it would do the same to me somehow.

And of course that's your choice. However, no disrespect to any of the parties involved, but we know one side of the story because only one side as said something. We do not know what happened behind closed doors. Not calling one side a liar, just saying. Also, I am sure that everyone has dealt with a company that screwed someone over, and you wouldn't think twice about doing business with them again. For example, there are many complaints about American Muscle, yet they are in business. I've been screwed over by LMR, yet people still do business with them. Theres a company that is extremely loved in the SN95forums, that I wouldnt dare speak against because the backlash will be severe. In fact, when I tried to voice my opinion about other things people love, they immediately  get defensive and attack. But it is what it is, and everyone has their own choice. It truly sucks what happened, no denying that. 

But like I said (and beyond what was said), i prefer to stay neutral because I was do not know both sides, I was not involved, and do not want to be. I prefer to not have the politics going around on my thread. Thanks.  

Edited by b.mad
  • Haha 1

Hello! For those of you who follow the build, you know that I recently got a Tech Sponsorship with Setrab USA! For those who dont follow, now you know lol. So a bit of background, I have a 1994 GT that was a daily driver, now its going to be more track oriented (autocross and road racing). The car was working good, until about the first of this year, when during a canyon run, power steering fluid gushed all over the engine bay. After that, it was downhill from there. Event after event, problems with the pump running dry because of spilled fluid. Had to figure out how to keep the temps low. Tried turning on the oil cooler fans, had to turn off my car in between runs, and had to adjust my driving to the point where I wasnt even trying anymore. One last event, it ran dry, and that was the last of that event. You can see the videos below where the steering locked and prevented me from steering, went straight for the comes. 

Going to have a series of articles aimed to give some understanding to these types of issues. 

37501308190_e3a40a1721_c.jpg
37759780511_bf371afaa3_c.jpg
37711185656_f2249953ec_c.jpg
37759776921_49dca4074a_c.jpg
37759776051_db9a0dd544_c.jpg
37501298640_8c2f4f197c_c.jpg

37050602584_63e75133ea_c.jpg
37050597164_32639f765c_c.jpg
37501286890_0b363f98b2_c.jpg

Edited by b.mad

Looks like a nice piece for sure. Would have been a good option back when I fabbed up my own setup using a Derale cooler a few years back. Mine doesn't have a fan but is placed behind the fog light opening, considering I don't do any racing I figure that's good enough air flow. Had this been available back then I would have definitely bought one. Setrab is most definitely higher end stuff than the Derale I used, but oh well lol.

1 minute ago, 95riosnake said:

Looks like a nice piece for sure. Would have been a good option back when I fabbed up my own setup using a Derale cooler a few years back. Mine doesn't have a fan but is placed behind the fog light opening, considering I don't do any racing I figure that's good enough air flow. Had this been available back then I would have definitely bought one. Setrab is most definitely higher end stuff than the Derale I used, but oh well lol.

I would have probably mounted it higher to hit the high pressure area, but in the front is where you want it to be. Best airflow you can get. But I dont want to do that because then it throws heat into the radiator. lol. So this fan is perfect because i can mount it anywhere. 

You can still get the Setrab one ;)