Jbarker

Need helping deciding

Only had my Mustang for 2 months when I bought it I didn't throughly look it over. 

Now that I have I believe my quarters are rusting from the inside out as there are tiny paint bubbles on both sides

The second issue is there is shock tower rust rot on both sides I couldn't see cause the car is lowered and the engine bay had leaves and shit in it 

My buddy told me to sell it and find another 

Car looks pretty good not sure if I can slow down the rust rot etc 

Here is a pic of the rot 

06E228A1-DBDA-4086-AF76-F58C4AE84F7F_zps

its repairable but to do it right you would need to remove the motor and cut/weld in new pieces and then paint.  I say pieces because this will not be the only spot and then you can count on going a couple in inches past where you see the rust to get to good metal.  You can also just scrape it and do some POR15 style paint

On 6/7/2017 at 7:36 AM, ttocs said:

its repairable but to do it right you would need to remove the motor and cut/weld in new pieces and then paint.  I say pieces because this will not be the only spot and then you can count on going a couple in inches past where you see the rust to get to good metal.  You can also just scrape it and do some POR15 style paint

Right now I have coated it with automotive rust bullet I guess it's similar to por 15

tough call.  Your going to take a bath on selling it  if your honest but I know I would have a hard time not telling the next owner.  Maybe make it one of those things you mention after the title is signed?

I'd find a roller and swap everything into it, or sell the car.  Thats going to be a lot of money to have a body shop tackle it, and doesnt sound like you have the time or money to do any of the work.  Cut your losses and part with the car, or drive it into the ground and I wouldn't stick any money into it.  

Yeh I don't have the money. I was trying to buy a car that didn't need much my inexperience with this car cost me time and money though I still love the car drives great interior is nice sucks that it has the hidden problems 

rust is like cancer and to stop it completely even after they were to do the repairs you can see, no doubt, some more will crop up that you can's see yet.. I would get rid of it now before it gets worse and would be even harder to unload it. if you are not necessarily intent on a mustang, wait for one of the 150% for the value of our car type trade in. when the dealers run specials, unload it .