Welcome to SN95Source.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jbarker

Need helping deciding

Only had my Mustang for 2 months when I bought it I didn't throughly look it over. 

Now that I have I believe my quarters are rusting from the inside out as there are tiny paint bubbles on both sides

The second issue is there is shock tower rust rot on both sides I couldn't see cause the car is lowered and the engine bay had leaves and shit in it 

My buddy told me to sell it and find another 

Car looks pretty good not sure if I can slow down the rust rot etc 

Here is a pic of the rot 

06E228A1-DBDA-4086-AF76-F58C4AE84F7F_zps

Part it out or swap it into a v6 car!

Lol I don't have the funds means or time for that 

Car only got 73k on it runs strong

1F03428A-9C32-4C0B-B2B0-028BC5BEBDF4_zps

9B60CDB3-E7EC-424E-BF8F-7CA1066B24D7_zps

CF2AEC81-01FE-4F65-9964-D835B4244F6A_zps

I think it's worth a shot to take it to a body shop and see what they think. 

its repairable but to do it right you would need to remove the motor and cut/weld in new pieces and then paint.  I say pieces because this will not be the only spot and then you can count on going a couple in inches past where you see the rust to get to good metal.  You can also just scrape it and do some POR15 style paint

Yeh I can't afford to pull the motor etc and the quarters panels there are some rust bubbles up by the sail panel so my body guy said it's spread etc 

On 6/7/2017 at 7:36 AM, ttocs said:

its repairable but to do it right you would need to remove the motor and cut/weld in new pieces and then paint.  I say pieces because this will not be the only spot and then you can count on going a couple in inches past where you see the rust to get to good metal.  You can also just scrape it and do some POR15 style paint

Right now I have coated it with automotive rust bullet I guess it's similar to por 15

Sounds like you should just sell it if you cant afford to make the repairs correctly. I would be upfront about the issues when selling.

Yeh I can't afford to replace the quarters and pull the motor 

tough call.  Your going to take a bath on selling it  if your honest but I know I would have a hard time not telling the next owner.  Maybe make it one of those things you mention after the title is signed?

Yeh my seller didn't tell me anything so I'm pissed paid $5500 for it 

I'd find a roller and swap everything into it, or sell the car.  Thats going to be a lot of money to have a body shop tackle it, and doesnt sound like you have the time or money to do any of the work.  Cut your losses and part with the car, or drive it into the ground and I wouldn't stick any money into it.  

Yeh I don't have the money. I was trying to buy a car that didn't need much my inexperience with this car cost me time and money though I still love the car drives great interior is nice sucks that it has the hidden problems