Orange 94

Traction Control

My 2004 Mustang has traction control - its annoying. I always forget to turn it off.

Is there a way I can permanently disable it? Or can I at least put a toggle switch in place of the momentary switch so I don't have to turn it off every time I start the car?

1 hour ago, Number Tew said:

Can't you disable it in the tune?  I thought you had a tuner for it

You think I could do it myself with a handheld? I do have a SCT I'm not using.

I could have sworn it was something you could tune for, but I could be wrong.  My thought process is it is tied into the computer system somehow to make it crab claw the brakes.  It should be able to be shut off.

14 hours ago, ttocs said:

if its turned on/off by a switch I would think that it means there are two wires that need to be connected, or one that needs to be cut.

Found more info - pre mid 01 you can just solder the wires together. After mid 01 you can't.

14 hours ago, Number Tew said:

I could have sworn it was something you could tune for, but I could be wrong.  My thought process is it is tied into the computer system somehow to make it crab claw the brakes.  It should be able to be shut off.

Found out yes you can tune it off. I'll see if I can do it with my hand held... If I can't I don't really want to may for a tune right now - so I'll order this. It's a controller that will disable/enable.

https://www.dallasmustang.com/trac-ready-1999-2004-with-traction-control.html

• Supporting Member

Correct, SCT3 handheld on it should be a standard feature. That said, I quit using them a year ago and if a firmware update removed this I am speaking out of line. Even with a custom tune I was able to toggle on my handheld. I always defaulted to off upon startup.