Welcome to SN95Source.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

D3vst8r96gt

Tapatalk issues

Can't see the forum at all. I can click on it but nothing ever loads.... other forums work fine 

It's an old issue, can't remember why. @95riosnake can you explain it? Also, this thread got double posted

Our forum software isn't compatible with tapatalk. We have tried working with the developers for a solution but they don't support tapatalk. Might be time to hit them up again to see if there is a solution to the problem yet.

And everybody thought I was the only troublemaker who needs tapatalk!!!!  Lol

This is under review.

The problem is we are on a hosting plan that does't have access to an FTP server because 90% of everything that gets installed mod wise is installed via the admin panel.  Tapatalk still uses the FTP method.  Well if we don't have access to the FTP servers from our hosting company that is also the company we get the software from we can't do regular updates and security patches as well as install it at all.   We chose to host the site with the company that develops the forum software as it's a painless upgrade procedure as well as on demand tech support should anything go wrong on the forum.  Oh and the price to host here is very affordable and makes the admins life a lot easier.  I will try to find the email from the TS Ticket I put in with TT awhile back to show it's not just my dislike for TT but it's more a technical issue. 

TT in my eyes does a forum injustice.  You might not care but when I designed this site I put a lot of time and effort into giving us our own look.  TT strips all that and gives a cookie cutter look that doesn't let us stand out but makes us look just like everyone else.  I will check in and see if they have updated their methods but if they are still running the same method as before it's on them, not the staff as to why we don't run it.

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

in my eyes does a forum injustice.  You might not care but when I designed this site I put a lot of time and effort into giving us our own look.  TT strips all that and gives a cookie cutter look that doesn't let us stand out but makes us look just like everyone else.

This is the main reason I don't use TT. I prefer to use forum functions as intended from my iPhone or any ther device. It's not that difficult, even the old school phpbb forums weren't hard to use. 

2 hours ago, White95 said:

This is the main reason I don't use TT. I prefer to use forum functions as intended from my iPhone or any ther device. It's not that difficult, even the old school phpbb forums weren't hard to use. 

For some people it's not about the bells and whistles of the site. It's strictly about the interaction with others and for ease of use. 

Yes this mobile version is ok, but it's still not nearly as fast and easy to navigate and post as tt. But obviously that's the same points I always make and am bout over it. 

It doesn't work, end of story. They still don't have a solution to our hosting service.

IMG_9848.PNG