98Rag

Can I use a 2001 Crown Vic PI intake for a PI swap?

Got a 2001 Crown Vic cop car engine complete for a PI swap project.  I bought it for the heads mainly, and was hoping the alternator bracket and coolant tube would work with my Ford Racing PI intake.  The Crown Vic intake looks like a PI unit with the deeper tubes underneath but has a plastic coolant crossover and the alternator bracket is different than the one for the Ford Racing piece - the back is diagonal, not straight.  First, will the coolant tube work with the Ford Racing intake?  Is the Crown Vic intake worth selling to somebody for a low buck PI swap, or is it junk?

front.JPG

top.JPG

tube.JPG

on car.JPG

• Moderators

You can definitely use it for your pi swap parts. The coolant tube will work for your setup but you're going to have to get creative with the rubber heater hose from that tube to the heater core. 

The older pi intakes were available with the plastic crossover. I wouldn't use it on anything though. If someone was in a pinch and absolutely needed it, it would work but I wouldn't trust it. 

24 minutes ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

You can definitely use it for your pi swap parts. The coolant tube will work for your setup but you're going to have to get creative with the rubber heater hose from that tube to the heater core. 

The older pi intakes were available with the plastic crossover. I wouldn't use it on anything though. If someone was in a pinch and absolutely needed it, it would work but I wouldn't trust it. 

Thanks.  I paid $175 for the engine and trans, sold the trans for $75.  I will keep the heads and coolant tube, sell the rest and if I'm lucky will end up with free heads!

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, 98Rag said:

Thanks.  I paid $175 for the engine and trans, sold the trans for $75.  I will keep the heads and coolant tube, sell the rest and if I'm lucky will end up with free heads!

Free heads are awesome lol. At the end of the day though, $175 for the entire setup is still a good deal. Most of the time you can't get the heads alone for that price