Sign in to follow this  
ttocs

spider brace and lower chassis brace with or vs the fit system?

I have been admiring/dreaming of the fit system since I saw it and learned to weld.  I happened to look back at the site tonight and not sure if I never saw it before or if the spider brace and lower chassis brace are new?  Are these made to work with the fit system or  go in place of?  I don't see any pics of it all and thought it would get pretty busy under there with all 3?  Just curious, thanks.

http://www.buystifflers.com/lowerchassisbrace79-04mustangtubularkmember7904.aspx

http://www.buystifflers.com/stifflersspiderbrace1979-1998mustang.aspx

Yea it's all designed to work together. You weld two tabs onto your K-member, then swap out your lower chassis brace for the Stifflers unit, then you will need their trans cross member, and lastly you weld two brackets onto your subframes. Bolt in all the links and adjust and boom, you're done. I have all of the above which I haven't fully installed yet because the way I fabbed in my cutouts, they are directly in the way of the rearmost bars of the spider brace. I'm going to have to figure out some way to reconfigure things to go around them.

This is something I'm gonna check into whenever I get the beast running again. I don't have sfc's yet so I'm thinking I'll drive it to Indy and let stifflers look it over to see what they think will best work. 

i plan to pick up another crossmember from then this year at mw the last one I got fit so nice

1 hour ago, 95riosnake said:

Yea it's all designed to work together. You weld two tabs onto your K-member, then swap out your lower chassis brace for the Stifflers unit, then you will need their trans cross member, and lastly you weld two brackets onto your subframes. Bolt in all the links and adjust and boom, you're done. I have all of the above which I haven't fully installed yet because the way I fabbed in my cutouts, they are directly in the way of the rearmost bars of the spider brace. I'm going to have to figure out some way to reconfigure things to go around them.

I was wondering about how my cut outs/side exhaust would get in the way of all this as well.  Like I said it would make the bottom of the car both pretty busy and sexy at the same time.  I already have the trans brace and sub frame connectors and love a reason to fire up the welder but at the moment I am just trying to keep my goals working towards getting it started and rolling.

On 8/23/2017 at 0:58 PM, droptoppony said:

Didn't @95opal add the spider braces etc into his build? 

Yup threw the entirecstifflers catalog at the car plus a few crossbred shit from the newer cars. Had to relocate and shorten part of the spyder brace to jive with the griggs torque arm but Brian was a champ and sent me out some custom lenght kickers to make my job easy peasy. Cant say enough about stifflers the staff and there products..well worth the investment.