ThomasW

ThomasW's Two into One build

Got the last bit of fiberglass work done on the splitter.  Once the top/bottom surfaces were glassed, i routed out the foam between them and filled it with epoxy thickened with phenolic microballoons, i also put 2 layers of glass over it as well. 

Some of the imperfections also had the thickened epoxy applied as well since i had a fair amount of it left over. 

Currently im deciding if i should permanently bond the splitter to the bumper and eliminate the seam line or just keep it bolted/pop riveted in place.   

ea5f91850791e427a91f1a7569830eb0.jpg

2 hours ago, GTTRacing91PGT said:

Very cool. Definitely a part that becomes an afterthought to many. Should be a real unique piece! 

Exactly. Ive never seen one done in anything other than factory, so it’ll be interesting to see if people end up bugging me for one. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasW said:

Exactly. Ive never seen one done in anything other than factory, so it’ll be interesting to see if people end up bugging me for one. Lol

I'll sooner or later will be interested in one!

• Like 1

Well...  if we can get 5-10 guys in on this i can do a group buy on them and likely get better pricing on them.  I’ll go through today and figure out exactly what the price difference would be between 5 and 10. 

Selling then individually im thinking the price would be somewhere between $250-300+ shipping

1 hour ago, ttocs said:

is that one sold already?

I wasnt planning on selling it. Lol

this one wont be perfect (or atleast i dont think it will be) but if it is, i could sell it since i dont really need it anytime soon. 

Firewall panel is out of the mold.  Where i expected problems to be are where they are.  The contact adhesive and epoxy i used are well past there shelf life, so the epoxy hasnt cured completely and the contact adhesive didnt dissorb into the epoxy like it was supposed to.  That is causing the surface to be sticky and have a dull appearance.   With fresh materials and proper flow media placement, the surface finish should be perfect on the next one. 

40119006461_1f83662c4a_b.jpg

Edited by ThomasW