ThomasW

ThomasW's Two into One build

On 2/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, ttocs said:

i am down for that but cash is tight for a few weeks.

I know the pain!  It’ll likely be sometime around the beginning of March before i jump in on them, it’d be nice to order materials for everyones firewall panels at the same time i order materials for the CF T1’s (about 1-2 weeks). 

• Moderators

I could be convinced to buy one of these I think.  Are you planning to do the wiper cowl too? 

Always thought if I did the wiper cowl (and now the firewall panel, that the rear of the car would need something.  I should send you the convertible well trim off my car to pop a CF set... along with a trunk if I can ever get time to get one so you can mold that CSL style lip we talked about! 

51 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

I could be convinced to buy one of these I think.  Are you planning to do the wiper cowl too? 

Always thought if I did the wiper cowl (and now the firewall panel, that the rear of the car would need something.  I should send you the convertible well trim off my car to pop a CF set... along with a trunk if I can ever get time to get one so you can mold that CSL style lip we talked about! 

Awww.... Why not go ahead and get a full carbon fiber Saleen style tonneau.;)

14 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

Eventually i’ll buy a 94-98 car. Lol

im planning on a cowl panel for the 99-04 cars. I know the 94-98 are slightly different though. 

• Moderators
On 2/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, RedTwilight said:

Awww.... Why not go ahead and get a full carbon fiber Saleen style tonneau.;)

I do have a Saleen tonneau cover that I could ship to be molded lol.... then I'd need a carbon fiber light bar to match.  Thanks, asshole.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

I do have a Saleen tonneau cover that I could ship to be molded lol.... then I'd need a carbon fiber light bar to match.  Thanks, asshole.

Now your talking about some $$$$

• Moderators
On 2/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, ThomasW said:

Now your talking about some $$$$

I don't even want to know.  I didn't pay a ton for the tonneau cover so I could make enough off a resale to recoup some money though.

6 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

I don't even want to know.  I didn't pay a ton for the tonneau cover so I could make enough off a resale to recoup some money though.

Whats the size of that thing?  60”x48”?

if so, thats about a $5,000 project for a one off. 

Edited by ThomasW
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, ThomasW said:

Whats the size of that thing?  60”x48”?

if so, thats about a $5,000 project for a one off. 

It only covers the back seat, not the whole dang car haha.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ThomasW said:

Yea i know.. thats what i priced it for. One off parts are EXPENSIVE!

Believe me, I was joking.  I wasn't even considering it... damn sure am not after that price tag.

God I hope my truck idea isn't $5k.  Although, I just want that in fiberglass, not necessarily carbon fiber.

4 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

Believe me, I was joking.  I wasn't even considering it... damn sure am not after that price tag.

God I hope my truck idea isn't $5k.  Although, I just want that in fiberglass, not necessarily carbon fiber.

Lol. Yea, it could potentially be cheaper, but your still talking $3k+, its just alot of time invested in stuff like that.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, ThomasW said:

Lol. Yea, it could potentially be cheaper, but your still talking $3k+, its just alot of time invested in stuff like that.

Welp... I'm out lol.

2 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

I could be convinced into getting one.  What are we looking at for unit price again?  Shame on me if it was already said. 

For what? A CF tonneau cover or a firewall panel?  Firewall panel around $200, im looking at how to make it cheaper though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThomasW said:

For what? A CF tonneau cover or a firewall panel?  Firewall panel around $200, im looking at how to make it cheaper though. 

Firewall panel.  That seems reasonable, cowl panel was around that I think.  Count me in for one. 

@Prokiller

@RedTwilight

@ttocs

@Steve-Oh

@Psychorugby

@Venmous28

@Yeahloh95

so when do you guys think yall could throw out a deposit on these?  The CF T1 groupbuy is nearly full (3 spots left as of this writing).  If i can order the materials for the firewall panels at the same time as the T1’s I can save on shipping costs and get a slightly better price on a few things.  That should be anle to let me knock the price of the firewall panels down $15-25ish. 

For planning purposes, im hoping to order materials by the end of this month

56 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

Thomas what do you estimate shipping would be like to ky??  Not needing exact number but just a general idea. 

You still got the molds for doing the wiper cowl??

Including a box.. $50ish via USPS priority. 

Havent done the wipe cowl yet, but its on the list of stuff to do. 

4 hours ago, ThomasW said:

@Prokiller

@RedTwilight

@ttocs

@Steve-Oh

@Psychorugby

@Venmous28

@Yeahloh95

so when do you guys think yall could throw out a deposit on these?  The CF T1 groupbuy is nearly full (3 spots left as of this writing).  If i can order the materials for the firewall panels at the same time as the T1’s I can save on shipping costs and get a slightly better price on a few things.  That should be anle to let me knock the price of the firewall panels down $15-25ish. 

For planning purposes, im hoping to order materials by the end of this month

I'm ready whenever for the firewall panel.  

6 hours ago, Venmous28 said:

What type of deposit?  And shipping will be an additional ~$50? 

Paypal is what i use, exact amount i’ll figure out soon. 

Approximately yes.  That is also USPS priority, its possible that ups ground could reduce the price $10-20

Edited by ThomasW

18 minutes ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

@ThomasW what did the final cost of these firewall covers come up to? Also, when/where/how much for the deposit on them? I think I want one of these.

I’ll get back with the figures here in a bit.  Ive been bed ridden since a ER visit on tuesday after some complications from my Surgery the thursday prior. 

3 hours ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Oh no. I hope everything is alright. Get better soon, man. 

Nothing to serious. 

I had a cyst removed (ended up being 2 large ones) a week ago yesterday. On tuesday my incision started bleeding profusely and we couldnt get it to stop.  Ended up calling 911 and 3 hours later the ER doc finally got it to stop bleeding.  A surgeon had to come back in and fry some meat to fix the bleeding area and i was release.    Been on light duty and bed rest ever since.    

I have my follow up appt. with the original surgeon on Wed, so hopefully she will give me some more pain meds and tell me i can move around again. 

@Prokiller

@RedTwilight

@ttocs

@Venmous28

@Yeahloh95

@Psychorugby

@Steve-Oh

@Evilcw311

@LWARRIOR1016

final price would be $210+ shipping.  Shipping will be about $35-40 at most. Thats what i got for a quote east coast to west coast. 

For those who are getting one of the CF T1’s, i can do $195 for the firewall panel and shipping wont be any extra since i can fit it in the same box as the T1. 

Deposit needed would be $130, the rest due once its ready to ship. 

Since these are pretty small, i will likely make them all , then spray the clear all at the same time to make things easier. 

By the time materials arrive (i would like to order them on March 1st with the T1 spoiler materials), I should be off bed rest and able to do these. 

Paypal address is- stangflyboy@yahoo.com

put your username on here and “CF firewall panel” in the notes so i know who is who. 

Edited by ThomasW
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ThomasW said:

@Prokiller

@RedTwilight

@ttocs

@Venmous28

@Yeahloh95

@Psychorugby

@Steve-Oh

@Evilcw311

@LWARRIOR1016

final price would be $210+ shipping.  Shipping will be about $35-40 at most. Thats what i got for a quote east coast to west coast. 

Deposit needed would be $130, the rest due once its ready to ship. 

Since these are pretty small, i will likely make them all , then spray the clear all at the same time to make things easier. 

By the time materials arrive (i would like to order them on March 1st with the T1 spoiler materials), I should be off bed rest and able to do these. 

Paypal address is- stangflyboy@yahoo.com

put your username on here and “CF firewall panel” in the notes so i know who is who. 

Copy that, thank you! 

I didnt think about it last night, but if your getting a T1 as well, i can throw it in the same box and shipping wont be any additional cost and bring fhe cost down as well since i wont need a separate box.  I updates the above post with the new info. 

Edited by ThomasW
  • Like 1