SublimeRT

Photo hosting

Hey everyone, so Photobucket has apparently ruined the internet.  Countless photos in countless threads and write-ups have all disappeared.  I doubt many people are going to go back and re-host all these pics, especially the older threads which is unfortunate.  

So does anyone have suggestions for another photo hosting site?  Something that has a good app for Android would be good.  All my photos these days come straight from my phone.  I downloaded Flickr, and maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out how to upload my pics onto it, and then share them on a forum like this.  And a few random people started following me on there.  Seems to me it's trying to be more like another social media platform like Instagram rather than a place to upload and host pics.  

Thanks

I use Flickr and love their app.  I have it set to auto upload over wifi, then when I get on the computer I change the pics from private to "friends" or whatever, and start copying bb code links.

Also, you can download an add-on for chrome to make it show the photobucket pics.

• Like 2

i switched to flickr.  top right button opens up the camera, then you'll see a thumbnail on the bottom, from there you can select the ones you want to upload.  once you get used to it, it's pretty good

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Number Tew said:

I use Flickr and love their app.  I have it set to auto upload over wifi, then when I get on the computer I change the pics from private to "friends" or whatever, and start copying bb code links.

Also, you can download an add-on for chrome to make it show the photobucket pics.

Good info about the chrome add-on, thanks.  These are not things I think of.  

17 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

I've used imageshack for a very long time. You do have to pay a yearly fee, which I can't recall the amount, but it isn't much.

Ah yes, imageshack.  I forgot about that.  Used to use it all the time myself probably 10+ years ago.  I'll check it out again.  Thanks. 

15 hours ago, Prokiller said:

i switched to flickr.  top right button opens up the camera, then you'll see a thumbnail on the bottom, from there you can select the ones you want to upload.  once you get used to it, it's pretty good

That actually really helped me out, haha.  Got a few pics to upload.  Thanks man. 

Good deal guys.  Looks like I'll have to figure out Flickr.  Technology is so beyond me.  Figuring out Snapchat was a hoot.  I wouldn't have even bothered with it but my best friend prefers it to texts and isn't on FB or IG or anything. 

Alright, good deal.  This might work.  I uploaded that on the computer.  Couldn't find the same link I used on the phone though, then the phone died.  I'll have to mess with it later.