Sign in to follow this  
droptoppony

Tampa Serial Killer drives SN95

I saw this on the news and they mentioned the guys mustang was surrounded, I started thinking, I bet he drives an SN95. The camera pans out and there it was. 

2my85fb.jpg

2jg9mw1.jpg

On 11/30/2017 at 8:42 AM, Prokiller said:

a 94 gt by the looks of it.  stripes are ugly

Or a 95..............

a very early 95 i guess is possible.  the front side skirt spats give it away.

6 hours ago, Prokiller said:

a very early 95 i guess is possible.  the front side skirt spats give it away.

You and orange are the only two people I’ve seen ever say that and yet I’ve never seen one. In fact, my 95 which was a later built 95 still has the same skirts as the 94’s. One of my friends here in Louisville has 2 95’s sitting at his house and they have the same skirts. I’ve never seen a 95 with the 96 up skirts from the factory. 

Please show pics of said 95’s with the 96 up skirts. 

41 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

You and orange are the only two people I’ve seen ever say that and yet I’ve never seen one. In fact, my 95 which was a later built 95 still has the same skirts as the 94’s. One of my friends here in Louisville has 2 95’s sitting at his house and they have the same skirts. I’ve never seen a 95 with the 96 up skirts from the factory. 

Please show pics of said 95’s with the 96 up skirts. 

94 was the only year the side skirt didnt have the upturn at the front fenders all 95-98 cars had the same skirts.

50 minutes ago, 95opal said:

94 was the only year the side skirt didnt have the upturn at the front fenders all 95-98 cars had the same skirts.

Thats funny cause I’m looking at a pic of my factory side skirts on my late year built 95 that doesn’t have the upturn. I’d post a pic but as we all know I can’t do it straight from my device anymore. 

I can send someone the pic if theyd like to post it and when  s when I get back to Kentucky I can take a pic of title showOmg it’s a 95, and the tag showing when the car was built. 

So who here who can post post pics on here has a pic of their 95 with the later skirts??  Not a pic from the internet but a pic of your actual 95 with the upturns? That’s all I’m asking to see cause as I already said, the multiple people I know with 95’s including my own all have the same as the 94’s. 

1 hour ago, Evilcw311 said:

Thats funny cause I’m looking at a pic of my factory side skirts on my late year built 95 that doesn’t have the upturn. I’d post a pic but as we all know I can’t do it straight from my device anymore. 

I can send someone the pic if theyd like to post it and when  s when I get back to Kentucky I can take a pic of title showOmg it’s a 95, and the tag showing when the car was built. 

So who here who can post post pics on here has a pic of their 95 with the later skirts??  Not a pic from the internet but a pic of your actual 95 with the upturns? That’s all I’m asking to see cause as I already said, the multiple people I know with 95’s including my own all have the same as the 94’s. 

Quick question...are yoou the original owner? Do you know for fact it came from the facfory equipped with them or has someone adde them at some point in tiime? 

3 hours ago, 95opal said:

Quick question...are yoou the original owner? Do you know for fact it came from the facfory equipped with them or has someone adde them at some point in tiime? 

I’m the second owner and have known the family and the car since new. It was 100% original and never been wrecked or modified before me. 

So so yes I know it’s factory equipped. 

• Thanks 1

from what I understood that change took place a little after the 95 model year and they used the remaining pieces with out the turn up till they were done and then switched over so you can find 95s with the old 94 piece.

here's the vert i had and it was an early 95 build.  flat side skirts.  

25901163013_45084d3cc9_b.jpg

AGain, I’m not arguing that the othe didn’t exist. But from all that I’ve seen over the years it seems that the upright skirts would be the rarity. We all know there’s mid and late year changes but this seems like it would of been very late in the runs of the 95’s as they were probably retooling for the upcoming changes.  

Thats why why I asked if anyone here has pics of their own 95 that has the uprights from the factory for sure with no later mods. I know one guy who has them but he put them on when he did a 4v swap and he did all mods to make it look like a 96-98 fobra. So his doesn’t count as he put them on. 

Here in the PNW almost all of the 95 cars I have worked on have had the uprights. The rounded bullet nose pieces are more of the rarity... YMMV.

5 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

AGain, I’m not arguing that the othe didn’t exist. But from all that I’ve seen over the years it seems that the upright skirts would be the rarity. We all know there’s mid and late year changes but this seems like it would of been very late in the runs of the 95’s as they were probably retooling for the upcoming changes.  

Thats why why I asked if anyone here has pics of their own 95 that has the uprights from the factory for sure with no later mods. I know one guy who has them but he put them on when he did a 4v swap and he did all mods to make it look like a 96-98 fobra. So his doesn’t count as he put them on. 

I would post of mine mine before I tore into it as it was bone stock with said fromt skirt upturn.

So what’s odd is that it almost seems regional. Like they shipped so many with one type to one region and so many with the other to another region. 

I even talked to a buddy buddy of mine who’s hardcore about sn95’s, and he hasn’t seen the uprights on 95’s either. 

6 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

I've got the uprights on my 95 I think.  Now I need to find pictures...

Ill bet ya $50 it doesn’t!!!!  :-)

23 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

So what’s odd is that it almost seems regional. Like they shipped so many with one type to one region and so many with the other to another region. 

I even talked to a buddy buddy of mine who’s hardcore about sn95’s, and he hasn’t seen the uprights on 95’s either. 

Interesting concept I know my car was built in dearborn and sold at a michigan cord dealership. I have all paperwork from when it was purchased until present. Do you hapwn to know where yours was originally sold?

27 minutes ago, 95opal said:

Interesting concept I know my car was built in dearborn and sold at a michigan cord dealership. I have all paperwork from when it was purchased until present. Do you hapwn to know where yours was originally sold?

I asked and she can’t remember if she bought this one here or South Carolina. They had 2 that were identical and one was from here and the other down there. 

Even at that theyre both the flat.

Chris won’t make the bet cause he looked and his are flat. @Psychorugby where is yours from??  

15 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

I asked and she can’t remember if she bought this one here or South Carolina. They had 2 that were identical and one was from here and the other down there. 

Even at that theyre both the flat.

Chris won’t make the bet cause he looked and his are flat. @Psychorugby where is yours from??  

OG Florida car I'm pretty sure; I'm looking for the Carfax @Blackmage sent me.  My dad is the second owner of the car., and the only thing the previous owner did to it was install a shifter.

My 95 GTS had the upturns.   I was looking at a "95 v6" for sale a few months back that had the flats, and I inquired if it was a 94, but VIN showed it as a 95.  I think a few early EARLY model 95's got leftovers. 

2 hours ago, Blackmage said:

My 95 GTS had the upturns.   I was looking at a "95 v6" for sale a few months back that had the flats, and I inquired if it was a 94, but VIN showed it as a 95.  I think a few early EARLY model 95's got leftovers. 

If I recall correctly, mine is a super early 95 (November 94 build date)... and no upturns.

• Like 1

From what it seems after some have responded, the northern states got the uprights and more southern states got flats. Could be do to where they were built and shipped from. I still don’t see it being as much by date tho.