Dalamar

Dalamar's 2013 RAPTOR

My current Daily is a Raptor, which I love. 

it is such a well designed truck.  perfect size for me and what I use it for.

Primarily, I drive it to work, on the road... and it drives great.  I do some off roading, I like the 6.2 L a lot, and no haven't jumped it... ;)

I'll post up updates now and then.  I do have a few minor things i'd like to do.  The raptor really doesn't need much.

When they came out I really wanted one, but I waited a few years for the price to become more "reasonable" and pulled the trigger in'15.   

I knew I wanted 3 things:
1) white or silver paint

2) optional blue accent interior.

3) factory 13-14 graphics

Found my truck - dealership trade in in Rapid City, South Dakota. with 27K on the OD.

reserved it over the phone, unseen and went and got it the next weekend!

R1.jpg

R3.jpg

R5.jpg

R10.jpg

R11.jpg

• Like 1

This is Goblin Valley UT and the desert west of that area :)

R80.jpg

R81.jpg

R82.jpg

R83.jpg

R84.jpg

R85.jpg

R86.jpg

Note: I added the black vynal to the tailgate.   I think it goes perfect.  looks factory.

Few months back we went down to the Joshua Tree Forrest area, SW corner of UT.  Pretty place!

R99.jpg

R100.jpg

R101.jpg

I like this Kodiak Tent.  Pretty handy and not too bad to set up.  air mattress in the bed and we're set!   I like not having to setup or sleep on the ground!  :)

R102.jpg

R103.jpg

I love the pre-16 Raptors! I know everyone seems to love the ecoboost, but the red blooded American in me just can't get excited about it vs. a 6.2L (honestly the ecoboost doesn't excite me in anything Ford puts it in). That and I always really loved the styling of your body style Raptor. Seems kind of unnecessary to put studded tires on a Raptor, doesn't it? I've never heard of anyone having any trouble in the winter with one lol. I like seeing that you've gotten it out in the wilderness a bit, it's such a shame when people literally never even take them off the pavement. That bed tent is pretty sweet.

• Like 1

Love me a white raptor! Never knew that they came with a blue accent interior package, that's pretty damn cool IMO. I'm with you guys on the new ecoboost being a buzz kill in the 16+ model year. They just straight up sound baddddd. 

On 12/28/2017 at 4:37 AM, 95riosnake said:

I love the pre-16 Raptors! I know everyone seems to love the ecoboost, but the red blooded American in me just can't get excited about it vs. a 6.2L (honestly the ecoboost doesn't excite me in anything Ford puts it in). That and I always really loved the styling of your body style Raptor. Seems kind of unnecessary to put studded tires on a Raptor, doesn't it? I've never heard of anyone having any trouble in the winter with one lol. I like seeing that you've gotten it out in the wilderness a bit, it's such a shame when people literally never even take them off the pavement. That bed tent is pretty sweet.

I agree w/ ya Dan.  the new raptors don't look as tough.  The 10 speed auto is nice on the new ecoboost, but there's something about the growl of a nice V8.  

Agree on the styling too.  more betta.  

Not sure why he had studded tires, must be a SD thing?  Still have the stock wheels with them on.  haven't had occasion to need them.

Thanks for the props :)

On 12/28/2017 at 11:03 AM, Det_Riot said:

Love me a white raptor! Never knew that they came with a blue accent interior package, that's pretty damn cool IMO. I'm with you guys on the new ecoboost being a buzz kill in the 16+ model year. They just straight up sound baddddd. 

Thanks B!  

here's the sound of an Ecoboost in an F150   pheeeeeerrrrrrrrrttttt.

Thanks Yeahlol

Here's a picture of a new one....   Doesn't look nearly as good IMO :ph34r:

N4.jpg

I also Don't love that Ford Perf absorbed SVT....  I think the SVT badge has well earned prestige!

My truck has extended factory warranty, last month while in for service they gave me a new F150 ecoboost for the week.

I gotta say I liked it.  it's quite, and really moves.  on day 4 i pushed the tow/haul button (for fun) and discovered there's (4) modes in there. 

Wet/snow/economy/SPORT..   SPORT.>>>>>  it's a nice option.  it holds your gears to keep you in the boost between shifts and is pretty dang quick.

Following this My dad was looking to replace his SuperDuty and I had him drive this for a day.

2 weeks later I ordered this for him:

N1.jpg

N2.jpg

XLT, split bench, all other options.

I had the dealership put on these wheels, same tires I have and spray the bed.

also installed a front level kit.  Pretty good looking truck IMO.

N3.jpg

If you tap the traction control button twice, it'll switch to AdvanceTrac Sport Mode. Basically, it raises the threshold for the TCS and STM allowing more fun.

we went in KNOWING that the coyote would be what we'd walk out with....after driving them both for a while, a 16 ecoboost lariat is what we ended up with and absolutely love it.  they certainly surprised me

that red really pops in the sun

On 1/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, White95 said:

If you tap the traction control button twice, it'll switch to AdvanceTrac Sport Mode. Basically, it raises the threshold for the TCS and STM allowing more fun.

DUDE!  I didn't know MY truck had this feature.   Tried it out yesterday.  Thanks Buddy!  :drink_to_that:

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 6:55 AM, Prokiller said:

we went in KNOWING that the coyote would be what we'd walk out with....after driving them both for a while, a 16 ecoboost lariat is what we ended up with and absolutely love it.  they certainly surprised me

that red really pops in the sun

I hear ya.   They're pretty sweet!  props man.

I detailed my truck a few months back, after over a year of driving with nothing but handwash and car washes....  horizontal lines, yes...

after polishing,  I put down a product from Justin at Obsessive: DR Beasleys Nano Resin, and so far it is an excellent sealant

The truck looks better (thats a given..) more shine, and washing - dirt and grime washes off noticeably easier.

I'm on mo. 3 and it's supposed to last around 12 months...   super easy to apply and remove as well.  I was thinking, "that's it?!" 

ez sause.  you can apply it over graphics, HL's, tails...  good stuff.

here's some PIX:

this was after wash/dry/clay bar and wipe down with tar remover....

R60.jpg

R61.jpg

R62.jpg

R65.jpg

9 hours ago, Dalamar said:

DUDE!  I didn't know MY truck had this feature.   Tried it out yesterday.  Thanks Buddy!  :drink_to_that:

The student has become the teacher 😎

I was mowing my lawn the other day, and for some reason I was like "action compaction" - just talking to myself weirdly.  Then I was like "Hey, where's Dalamar been anyways?"

Now i know ;)

On 7/9/2018 at 9:03 PM, Number Tew said:

I was mowing my lawn the other day, and for some reason I was like "action compaction" - just talking to myself weirdly.  Then I was like "Hey, where's Dalamar been anyways?"

Now i know ;)

Just workin my brotha!   Interesting story :D

• Like 1

Thinking about these.  the factory fox shocks are due for a replace/rebuild ....

http://www.rogueracing.com/shocks/king-raptor-10-30-race-series-front-remote-reservoir-coil-over-pair

What do you all think of this front bumper?

I like that it fits the stock lines of the truck, looks clean, recessed light and gains some clearance....

17913793435_2ab278fd73_o.jpg?format=1500