Dalamar

Dalamar's 2013 RAPTOR

I've been waiting this last week for a billet oil pump, recommended to do while in there.  it hasn't shown yet, and I no word on when it will be here, Also the install of that thing is 12.5 hrs for a Ford Tech, and you have to go through a gap in the back of the pan with magnets and magic to get the last bolt out of the pickup tube, if you drop it or cant start the new, you have to pull the motor and drop the pan.  so Yea, we're not doing that.   

Install is back on.  we got the plugs installed (16) and pulled the old covers.  

few quick pics:

R168.jpg

R169.jpg

R170.jpg

that gif is totally tripping me out!  the engine moves but the blower doesn't.  the fuse box moves, but the coolant hose doesn't😱

but that's awesome you got it running!  

picked her up this morning!  Had to defrost and remove 14" of snow, then drove to a job site, but it feels good and sounds good.

We will need more time to get reacquainted .   Sound is great, crisper lil growel, no drone, and still relatively quite when cruzing  :)

OK, a few weeks of driving and I love this mod.  the Raptor drives  really good stock, and now it's just fantastic. 

So worth it, and it's not a cheap upgrade.  Drive-ability improved quite a bit as the computer worked it's tables.  Shifting is smooth and tight, power is awsome, but you can still drive nice and ez if you want.  RPM winds up more, and is very smooth, quick shifts.  good stuff.

D-bags on the freeway, push gas pedal = downshift-whaaaaaAAA, 100mph pass.  love that!!! 

when it looses traction, the computer catches it in about one second, then 1-2 seconds later back on the throttle, I like that a lot.  My mustang goes sideways if you're not careful, this is more drive able.  I haven't had any issue with wheel hop, probably due to good tires.  It also will lift the front a little under hard acceleration. 

The sound of the blower whine, and added exhause tone is great.  Very Happy Cusotmer.  :2thumb:

• Like 2

Thanks buddy!

I added this Canton separator.  Like how I can see the oil.  :)

IMG_3395.thumb.jpg.bd3d5ba6f5d8ce0ad7de2e49ad672321.jpg

Also, highly recommend this for you busy guys that like a clean car!

CG foam cannon, adapter to fit to my Karcher pressure washer. 
Big time saver, better pre-soak  
Spray, Wipe with MF Mit, Spray off  :D

IMG_3393.jpg.defe2f812248f2c3a7fbfd3a65080d9e.jpg

Summer update.

Last weekend I towed our boat to LP - about a 5 HR drive one way.  boat had bad starter, had to bring back, then back to lake, then home.  so plenty of test time driving under a load in 102 degree weather.  the upgraded Rad works great! - temp never got over half way on the range.  rearend temp would rise about 3/4 on the range on a long hill, then back to middle.  So I'd call it a successfull test.  truck drove great in TOW/Haul mode as well. 

Here's some pics.  hope you all had a good 4th!

IMG_4273.thumb.jpg.7c8ea67e96e5973d437895619f4c7e80.jpgIMG_4292.thumb.jpg.9ae4df202b6dd405973c35e3a2829ed0.jpgIMG_4281.thumb.jpg.c8e7a7b4704d1bc535696de84e16998c.jpgIMG_4291.thumb.jpg.191c5343607db4cb3284c82262bb2561.jpg

Gauge mounted.  (crappy pic)

I also added 2 more grill lights - I like how it turned out.

IMG_4425.thumb.JPG.5dc76695e9004505226f6e1f8c06e993.JPGIMG_4461.thumb.jpg.fd329bec7c33aa043490f5c8f166a4ad.jpgIMG_4437.thumb.jpg.74a1f45aca4b0cec348949e00b4a5d31.jpg

I'm getting tired of black wheels.  everyone and their dog has black wheels.  So i've been playing around a bit.

These are my fuel wheels i've had since I got the truck:

Here is the face polished.  it looks pretty good.   definatley better.  but chrome is next to black in popularity, so I want it to be different...

R262.jpg

Stripped:

R263.jpg

went with a color called extruded bronze.  

superchrome powdercoat (because bronze is transparent so you need a reflective coat under to get the shine/varience.

R264.jpg

and the color: :)

R265.jpg

Getting new tires mounted, should have it back by thurs.

• Like 2

Traction Bar Kit

Bumpstop kit

Deaver +1 springs

Front bumper with new skid plate

I got the parts raw because i'm going to weld tabs to mount a bunch of lights then have it all powdercoated.

Should be fun to install.

Happy Holidays!

Hey there guys

Hope you all are enjoying some time at home with the Family durring this crazy time.

Just posting up a quick update on the Truck :)

I bumped up to 37's and like how it turned out.  but it wasn't easy.

going from 35 to 37 has these issues: 
spare doesn't fit between the frame rails any more, and it does rub the firewall/pinch weld on the front wells.
i shaved the fender liner, pinch weld and created as much space as possible, it still rubbed when compressed while turning around 30 degrees.

With the Fox 3.0's its basically a coilover on the front so I raised the front up another inch (all the way up)  

on the rear I replaced the stock spring with a Deaver +3, which gives me a 1" raise over stock on the rear.  2" stock block removed, 3-2=1" raise.

R272.jpg

R273.jpg

R276.jpg

Love the Stance :D

with the 37's and the suspension mod, i'm 2" higher than before.

R278.jpg

• Like 1

With the Deaver springs I got a noticeable ride improvement.  The stock leaf is stiff, and would buck the truck on high speed bumps.  these are more progressive and it takes bumps sooooo much better, just kushes over bumps.  the truck does roll more when cornering on the street.  much better ride quality.  👍

Next I have a few things in the garage i'm gearing up to install soon:

bumpstop and traction bars coated and ready:

R279.jpg

lights ready for mach-up on the bumper

once I get the bumper on the truck i need to decide on the color.  thinking of having the pipe coated to match the fender flare colors, and do the skid plate to match the wheels.

R281.jpg

Infotainment upgrade to SNYC 3 with apple carplay, and 5A usb so it will actually charge my phone.

R280.jpg

• Like 1

The Raptor goes in to API next week to get the infotainment installed, tune updated and rewire of the intercooler fans, which run ALLLL the time.   they're going on a relay baby.

After that it's up on stands for some quality garage time!